MN MN - Nevaeh Kingbird 15, 'may have been compromised when she left a party', Beltrami Co, 22 Oct 2021

I was wondering why the delay in reporting her missing, but according to the post at your link, her parents reported her as a runaway on October 22, the same day she was last seen. Sounds like she was at a party on the evening of the 21st, then seen leaving that place at 1am. She was later seen leaving a different house/location, alone, at 2am. So I'm guessing that when she failed to come home that morning or day of the 22nd, her parents reported her as a runaway.

I wonder if she had a history of running away, or whether the parents had some other reason for assuming that is what happened. I hope she just took some time alone with someone safe and that she is soon found safe and sound.

All MOO.

A Lakeland PBS TV news video talking about her case. Police now think she might have been comprised after leaving the second home. A Bemidji police captain gives an update on searches the PD has done. They used K9s and ground penetrating sonar that was brought in by the FBI. Family and friends have organized search parties and found an "item of interest" that led them to the Bemidji waterfront, and PD followed up with search of that area. If more items of interest are found, they will do more searches. It didn't sound to me like PD has much enthusiasm for continuing the search.

Family and Friends of Nevaeh Kingbird, Police Conduct Searches to Find Her

Why does the name Nevaeh seem to crop up so much in missing girl cases? When you google missing girl Nevaeh, the list is limitless.

Prayers this child is found safe.

JMO but I think it's because of the popularity of the name and the ages of the missing girls. I looked up Nevaeh (which is Heaven spelled backward) and read this info on Wiki:

"Nevaeh first entered the top 1000 names for girls born in the United States in 2001 when its popularity shot up making it the 266th most common name, according to the US Social Security Administration. By 2010, it was the 25th most popular given name overall for all girls born in the United States in that year".

A Lakeland PBS TV news video talking about her case. Police now think she might have been comprised after leaving the second home. A Bemidji police captain gives an update on searches the PD has done. They used K9s and ground penetrating sonar that was brought in by the FBI. Family and friends have organized search parties and found an "item of interest" that led them to the Bemidji waterfront, and PD followed up with search of that area. If more items of interest are found, they will do more searches. It didn't sound to me like PD has much enthusiasm for continuing the search.

Family and Friends of Nevaeh Kingbird, Police Conduct Searches to Find Her
The "item of interest" is a sweatshirt.

SBM

It was during one of these searches that the family believes a piece of evidence was recovered. Kingbird’s uncle, DW, said that diligent search efforts led to the discovery. “We went through an area three different times in three groups, and at the end of the day a gentleman found some clothing,” D said. “You just have to be a little more detailed with how you’re digging in the snow.”

The clothing that was discovered, T said, was her mother’s sweatshirt. The family believes the sweatshirt may somehow be connected to Kingbird’s disappearance. “That was confirmed after it was thawed out,” T said. “That was my mom’s sweater that she left at my house.”

TY for the link. I wish we knew what/who was at the second home Nevaeh went to after leaving the party, and why did she go there and leave there alone? Who saw her leaving the 2nd home? Was she seen on CCTV or does this info come from whomever was at that home? I'd really love to know where she said she was going when she left there. Was the sweatshirt found along the route to wherever she might have been headed after leaving the 2nd home? Something doesn't feel right for me with this whole story. MOO

SBBM
TW, Kingbird’s mother, said the last time she saw her daughter was at home. “The night that she left and went missing, she said that she was going to the movies with a couple friends,” T said. “Then, they took her to a party.”

...seen by friends leaving the party, [snip] at about 1 a.m.
...then went to a second home [snip] in Southview Terrace Park and left, alone, about an hour later.

It has been 115 days since 15-year-old Nevaeh Kingbird was last seen in Bemidji, Minnesota. On October 22, 2021, she vanished.

Nevaeh is Native American from the Red Lake Minnesota reservation, but was born and raised in Bemidji. Nevaeh’s mother, Teddi Wind, told Dateline that Nevaeh is the third oldest of her six children. “She loves her language, she speaks fluently in Ojibwe,” Teddi said.

Nevaeh’s paternal aunt, Flower Kingbird, told Dateline that Nevaeh has a lot of friends, but also loves spending time with her family. “She loved her family– her siblings,” Flower said. “She liked to be there to help take care of her youngest one.”

More at The search continues for missing 15-year-old Nevaeh Kingbird in Bemidji, Minnesota

Why does the name Nevaeh seem to crop up so much in missing girl cases? When you google missing girl Nevaeh, the list is limitless.

Prayers this child is found safe.
I was just thinking the same thing!!

Teddi told Dateline that some of the people at that residence told her son that Nevaeh had jumped out of a window and hit her head. According to that conversation, “she laid on the ground for a long time and then she ran off,” Teddi said. “And that was the last time anybody heard from her or even seen her.”
The search continues for missing 15-year-old Nevaeh Kingbird in Bemidji, Minnesota

The above is very suspicious and doesn't sound all that believable. Along with the sweater in the swamp, I'm worried something happened to her.

Still missing.

Neveah Kingbird, 15, was reported as a runaway on Oct. 22, 2021. Police say she was initially believed to be in the Bemidji area with friends.

“In early December, while working with Neveah’s family, concern increased as it appeared no one had been in contact with her since October,” police said in a release.

Police intensified the investigation, including ground searches in areas Kingbird was last seen, interviews, analysis of social media, aerial searches and K-9 unit assistance.

Bemidji Police Intensifying Search For Missing Teen Neveah Kingbird

Still missing.

Neveah Kingbird, 15, was reported as a runaway on Oct. 22, 2021. Police say she was initially believed to be in the Bemidji area with friends.

“In early December, while working with Neveah’s family, concern increased as it appeared no one had been in contact with her since October,” police said in a release.

Police intensified the investigation, including ground searches in areas Kingbird was last seen, interviews, analysis of social media, aerial searches and K-9 unit assistance.

Bemidji Police Intensifying Search For Missing Teen Neveah Kingbird
#more from link
SBM

• ...a resident near Washington Avenue Southwest and Pine Grove Street Southwest reported seeing a young female near their residence between 3:30 a.m. and 4 a.m. on Oct. 22. The description matched that of Neveah...

• ...asking residents in the Nymore area and south to Hubbard County Road 9 to “please check all their out buildings, items with covers, and any other areas on their properties where someone may seek shelter.” Residents are also asked to check their property for anything that may be related to Kingbird.

# link includes pics of the clothing Nevaeh was last seen wearing

Search for Missing Bemidji Teen Nevaeh Kingbird Continues as New Info Unfolds
4 Apr 2022
SBM
  • ...believed she was wearing a black zip-up hoodie, blue “skinny” jeans, a white t-shirt or tank top, and black and red Nike sandals on the day she was last seen.
Screen-Shot-2022-04-04-at-1.22.48-PM.jpg

May 14, 2022:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr