TX TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, last seen on playground @ apartment complex, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
FBI dive team ends search for 3-year-old Lina Sardar Khil 'without conclusive findings'

jan 5, 2022

An FBI dive team has ended its search for missing 3-year-old Lina Sardar Khil without finding any trace of the girl, authorities said Wednesday.

A spokesperson with the San Antonio Police Department told ABC News in a statement Wednesday afternoon that the "dive effort concluded without any conclusive findings" and police have now "broadened the grid" in the search for Lina.

[..]

Lina was last seen on Dec. 20 between 4:30 p.m. and 5:10 p.m. at a park on the 9400 block of Fredericksburg Road in San Antonio, according to police. The park is located near the family's home at the Villa Del Cabo apartment complex.

[..]

McManus said Tuesday Lina is still considered a missing person.

"Our Missing Person's Unit is working tirelessly at receiving leads and tips on little Lina's case," a spokesperson for SAPD told ABC News. "We will continue to follow every lead, no matter how small, until Lina is located."

lina-sardar-khil-01-ht-iwb-220104_1641314395304_hpMain_16x9_992.jpg

[..]

Agent Justin Garris of the FBI's Justin San Antonio field office told reporters on Dec. 28 the investigation into Lina's disappearance is "aggressive," adding that the FBI has utilized its child abduction rapid deployment team, behavioral analysis unit, intelligence response teams and forensic examiners.

[..]

The Eagles Flight Advocacy & Outreach organization, a nonprofit in San Antonio, joined the search over the weekend with about 150 people from the Afghan community showing up.

"We can't sit still. We have to do something," Pamela Allen, CEO of Eagles Flight Advocacy and Outreach, told ABC News.

Allen said the group has been in touch with police and was actively searching surrounding areas that are points of interest in the case.

"Yesterday we had about 150 Afghani men and children come out and look for this baby," Allen said, adding that seeing the community come together has been "the most amazing thing."

[..]

Khil said at first they believed that their daughter could be with another Afghan family in the community but now they believe she may have been abducted.

[..]

"A lot of the Afghan refugees coming here, they only speak Pashto or Dari," he said, adding that this is one of the reasons many refugees "struggle to find work."

Lina was last seen on Dec. 20 between 4:30 p.m. and 5:10 p.m. at a park on the 9400 block of Fredericksburg Road in San Antonio, according to police. The park is located near the family's home at the Villa Del Cabo apartment complex.
^^SBM

Googled "Villa Del Cabo Apartment" complex and recent tenant comments/questions are concerning. Seems the complex was previously a gated community but complex gates currently remain open and unknown traffic drives through the complex at all hours. :eek:

^^SBM

Googled "Villa Del Cabo Apartment" complex and recent tenant comments/questions are concerning. Seems the complex was previously a gated community but complex gates currently remain open and unknown traffic drives through the complex at all hours. :eek:

More interesting for me is that the story has changed. Initial story was that Lina and her mom were IN the apartment complex, very close to the building they lived in, that's why Lina's mom decided to go inside for a moment. Now ot is that Lina was in the park very close to the apartment. Is that just a bad reporting?

More interesting for me is that the story has changed. Initial story was that Lina and her mom were IN the apartment complex, very close to the building they lived in, that's why Lina's mom decided to go inside for a moment. Now ot is that Lina was in the park very close to the apartment. Is that just a bad reporting?
I don't believe it has changed. They've always said at a park on the 9400 block of Fredericksburg Road in San Antonio. If you check on the map, that is at the apartment complex where they live.

upload_2022-1-6_13-52-17.png

Google Maps

I know some here are familiar with the cultural differences, would the children be encouraged to talk to police or would they be encouraged to tell their families and the families relay the information to the police , if in fact other children witnessed anything?

LE must have been following up on a really strong tip, to deploy so many resources. Since they didn't find any conclusive evidence, is it possible they have something they're testing? Is it possible Lina was there but was removed prior to this search? The activity that was reported in the tip, maybe that was someone's second trip to the area. Hence a flashlight to find what they were looking for....

The father's pain is palpable. Understandable with all that LE activity that he thought they'd found her; I think we all did.

I hope they're closer.

I wish for a better ending but we've all been here before.

JMO

Honestly, all cultural generalities aside, what would an american or any other nationality act like if their child goes missing, i think how i deal with it and my neighbor are going to be just as different.

That said, i feel for these parents- having taught bilingual and esl i know some places have integration classes and help to understand life in a new place, very different from what they knew. Being from a family of immigrants, i can imagine they must be so terrified confused and regretful etc etc.

I just pray that she returns safe or at least never yet knew suffering. I would do the same as the mother, and suffer out of the light- people deserve to deal with it as they can/need to.

I was just driving on the highway in the DFW area and a giant digital billboard has Lina's picture and information. I can't believe it's been over two weeks and I hope she is found soon. I have nothing to add that would help the discussion. I am so glad that it looks like LE is still plugging ahead trying as hard as they can to find her. Maybe today is the day.

It seems to me that MSM has been using playground of the apartment complex and park as interchangable.

SAN ANTONIO — Six days after 3-year-old Lina Sardar Khil disappeared from the playground of her family's northwest-San Antonio apartment complex, authorities continue to search for any sign of the young girl.

It seems to me that MSM has been using playground of the apartment complex and park as interchangable.

SAN ANTONIO — Six days after 3-year-old Lina Sardar Khil disappeared from the playground of her family's northwest-San Antonio apartment complex, authorities continue to search for any sign of the young girl.

Well, no advertising page mentions the playground among the community amenities in this particular apartmant complex. And that confuses me even more.

There are no "parks" in the area.

There is a common area in Lina's apartment complex with what appears to be an old tennis court turned into a soccer court, a strange looking tiny "dog park" perhaps used as a playground and a pavilion/picnic area. Honestly I thought the dog park was a playground at first.
It seems too small for any dog, except a chihuahua or yorkie.
The "dog park/playground" appears to be about only 20 by 20 feet.

Villas del Cabo (fka City Heights) Apartments - San Antonio, TX | Apartments.com

Attachments

• Villas del Cabo (fka City Heights) Apartments - San Antonio, TX _ Apartments.com (2).png
    Villas del Cabo (fka City Heights) Apartments - San Antonio, TX _ Apartments.com (2).png
    1.2 MB · Views: 81
  • Villas del Cabo (fka City Heights) Apartments - San Antonio, TX _ Apartments.com (1).png
    Villas del Cabo (fka City Heights) Apartments - San Antonio, TX _ Apartments.com (1).png
    1.3 MB · Views: 83
  • Villas del Cabo (fka City Heights) Apartments - San Antonio, TX _ Apartments.com.png
    Villas del Cabo (fka City Heights) Apartments - San Antonio, TX _ Apartments.com.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 72
I know some here are familiar with the cultural differences, would the children be encouraged to talk to police or would they be encouraged to tell their families and the families relay the information to the police , if in fact other children witnessed anything?
Culturally speaking, they would do anything they could to find their child. Children are different in their culture, they are truly children. I'm not surprised her mother left her to play outside alone, because in her culture the child would be safe. Kind of like how children were left outside to play all day when back in the 60's. My heart goes out to this family who came here to keep their child safe and this happened. I really wish these refugees would have been better protected while they acclimate to our country.

Well, no advertising page mentions the playground among the community amenities in this particular apartmant complex. And that confuses me even more.

There are no "parks" in the area.

There is a common area in Lina's apartment complex with what appears to be an old tennis court turned into a soccer court, a strange looking tiny "dog park" perhaps used as a playground and a pavilion/picnic area. Honestly I thought the dog park was a playground at first.
It seems too small for any dog, except a chihuahua or yorkie.
The "dog park/playground" appears to be about only 20 by 20 feet.

Villas del Cabo (fka City Heights) Apartments - San Antonio, TX | Apartments.com

Thanks for the apt complex photos @Friday Fan.

At first glance, I too considered the "dog park" a playground given the fenced area, bench, red play-tunnel, and even proximity to the party pavillion with BBQ grills and sports court. Setting terminology aside, I can also see where the trees and bushes could easily hinder the view of a small child being taken away to a waiting vehicle. It's also sad that a complex housing so many families would not feature a safe playground for toddlers and children-- especially during the extended pandemic. :(:(

I believe they were at the playground of the adjacent apartment complex, which caused even more confusion. I'll look for that post or a link!

ETA: I'm not sure it has been actually confirmed that they were at the playground next door, but here's a link to the post which shows Lina playing on equipment at the adjacent complex: AMBER ALERT - TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, last seen on playground @ apartment complex, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021

Last edited:
I believe they were at the playground of the adjacent apartment complex, which caused even more confusion. I'll look for that post or a link!

ETA: I'm not sure it has been actually confirmed that they were at the playground next door, but here's a link to the post which shows Lina playing on equipment at the adjacent complex: AMBER ALERT - TX - Lina Sardar Khil, 3, last seen on playground @ apartment complex, San Antonio, 20 Dec 2021

Thank you @Toodles5000 for linking the earlier post with photos of an adjacent property. I would have never considered this a possibility-- given that MSM has been reporting the complex, the park, and/or playground each as located on the 9400 Fredericksburg Rd block.

I have thought this too...

“The Afghan community has been through a lot,” she said. “Each one would tell you a story where they lost a loved one through suicide bombing or how they lost half of their family. (Riaz Khil) is no different. They came through such a war-torn area, so when they hear some of these things, ‘Oh, they sold her.’ Just negative remarks -- it hurts them because they love their daughter so much, and they want her back. It’s hurtful to them. People are saying, ‘This is fishy,’ or ‘The mom this or that.’ Right now, the focus needs to be on finding Lina.”

Allen said that most of the feedback has been positive, for which Riaz Khil is thankful.

“We all want her to be found,” she said. “It is San Antonio’s Lina. It is this country’s Lina."

Family of Lina Khil thanks community, law enforcement for weeks-long search efforts

“The Afghan community has been through a lot,” she said. “Each one would tell you a story where they lost a loved one through suicide bombing or how they lost half of their family. (Riaz Khil) is no different. They came through such a war-torn area, so when they hear some of these things, ‘Oh, they sold her.’ Just negative remarks -- it hurts them because they love their daughter so much, and they want her back. It’s hurtful to them. People are saying, ‘This is fishy,’ or ‘The mom this or that.’ Right now, the focus needs to be on finding Lina.”

Allen said that most of the feedback has been positive, for which Riaz Khil is thankful.

“We all want her to be found,” she said. “It is San Antonio’s Lina. It is this country’s Lina."

Family of Lina Khil thanks community, law enforcement for weeks-long search efforts

So so sad. I've never thought for a moment that the family did anything wrong. It seems to me that her Mother thought she was safe for a few minutes playing with the other kids, while she attended to her baby brother. I highly doubt she would have left her out there alone and it was probably common for one parent to run back to their apartment for a bathroom break or whatever while the other parents watched the children. People can be so judgmental and cruel.

So so sad. I've never thought for a moment that the family did anything wrong. It seems to me that her Mother thought she was safe for a few minutes playing with the other kids, while she attended to her baby brother. I highly doubt she would have left her out there alone and it was probably common for one parent to run back to their apartment for a bathroom break or whatever while the other parents watched the children. People can be so judgmental and cruel.

I agree that Mom is innocent. I would be interested to know what anyone on the playground had to say. I am assuming there were no adults as they wouldn’t have left a 3 yr old alone??

I believe she will be found near the water. But I hope not.

When I was her age, I left a park with an older kid I met to go to a better park within the complex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea