SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed he'd run, but I doubt if he'll be able to make bond. Didn't we discuss earlier at one time who, if anyone, would put it up?? Maybe dear brother JM? I think everyone is trying to distance themselves from ole' Alex, unless he's got some really good dirt on someone. ;)

But at some level, money is money.......... and I do wonder if there is some scheme (since they are so good at schemes) that raises the money, even if borrowed. In so many cases of moneyed behaviour, it's not about wrong or right, just about winning.

But at some level, money is money.......... and I do wonder if there is some scheme (since they are so good at schemes) that raises the money, even if borrowed. In so many cases of moneyed behaviour, it's not about wrong or right, just about winning.
Yep, anything is possible. I learn this practically every day following the case. I can see the scheming wheels burning even now....

Alex Murdaugh's attorneys file another motion to spring him from jail

Alex Murdaugh's attorneys file another motion to spring him from jail

In their most recent filing, they argue the $7 million bond set by Judge Alison Lee last month is "tantamount to no bond at all." They cited an email from a law firm controlling Murdaugh's finances that showed the attorney has less than $10,000 in his two accounts at Hampton's Palmetto State Bank.

Jmo he’ll leave if he gets out.

So less than 10K should help him cover his phone bill that his attorneys say he doesn’t have enough funds to pay:rolleyes:

A Hampton bank CEO, under scrutiny and named in a subpoena by the disciplinary arm of the state Supreme Court investigating Alex Murdaugh’s financial misconduct, was fired on Friday. Palmetto State Bank’s board of directors fired its CEO, Russell Laffitte, as allegations came to light that the executive was involved in cases in which Murdaugh is accused of financial impropriety. “Palmetto State Bank has this afternoon permanently severed the employment of Russell Laffitte, effective immediately. The bank and its board of directors remain fully committed to their customers, employees, shareholders, and the communities Palmetto State Bank serves,” said board of directors president Jan Malinowski, in a Friday statement.

Read more at: https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article257123977.html#storylink=cpy

MOD CLARIFICATION:

FITSNEWS and The Island Packet ARE APPROVED sources for this case.
“Murdaugh Murders Podcast” by Mandy Matney and “Impact of Influence - The Murdaugh Family Murders” ARE APPROVED podcasts for this case.

This info will be added to the opening post of this case so that it can be referenced when needed. Please do not post any other podcasts or any other small new outlet stories UNLESS YOU HAVE GOTTEN PRIOR APPROVAL FROM A MOD OR ADMINISTRATOR.

We appreciate your efforts to follow the specific directions from Websleuths for this case.

This reminder is helpful. Thank you so much.

A Hampton bank CEO, under scrutiny and named in a subpoena by the disciplinary arm of the state Supreme Court investigating Alex Murdaugh’s financial misconduct, was fired on Friday. Palmetto State Bank’s board of directors fired its CEO, Russell Laffitte, as allegations came to light that the executive was involved in cases in which Murdaugh is accused of financial impropriety. “Palmetto State Bank has this afternoon permanently severed the employment of Russell Laffitte, effective immediately. The bank and its board of directors remain fully committed to their customers, employees, shareholders, and the communities Palmetto State Bank serves,” said board of directors president Jan Malinowski, in a Friday statement.

Read more at: https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article257123977.html#storylink=cpy

The above the law perps keep dropping. This real life plot is so far reaching.

well dang we're still waiting...

I think that was more fits click bait so they could inform folks on the “breaking murder news” of a bank employee getting canned. I’m thru with fits and this whole show until, or if, anybody is ever arrested for this. I fear that we see June 7, 2022 come and go without anything.

So less than 10K should help him cover his phone bill that his attorneys say he doesn’t have enough funds to pay:rolleyes:
Yeah I keep wondering if investigations have found any "off-shore" accounts. I would find it hard to believe someone stealing that many millions, over so many years, wouldn't sock some away...for a rainy day. Maybe there's a bunker somewhere, you know like an Escobar cache. Nothing would surprise me with this family and their associates.

Yeah I keep wondering if investigations have found any "off-shore" accounts. I would find it hard to believe someone stealing that many millions, over so many years, wouldn't sock some away...for a rainy day. Maybe there's a bunker somewhere, you know like an Escobar cache. Nothing would surprise me with this family and their associates.

https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article255735281.html

... Although Murdaugh’s “Forge” account was said by Waters to be the destination for millions of dollars, by October 2020, it had only $839 in it, according to a Bank of America statement for that month. ...

I totally agree on the offshore accounts. If you spend decades stealing millions you sure as heck want to hide it. It may also explain so many large checks over so long a period to CES - he was merely a "courier" to help get ill-gotten money into offshore accounts without AM getting his hands dirty. JMO

Last edited:
I think that was more fits click bait so they could inform folks on the “breaking murder news” of a bank employee getting canned. I’m thru with fits and this whole show until, or if, anybody is ever arrested for this. I fear that we see June 7, 2022 come and go without anything.
Certainly arrests of the murderer(s) is coming soon, SLED has their act together and are making certain they have a “bullet proof” case.

June 8, 2021: Authorities confirm the identities of the deceased, referring to the incident as a double homicide. However, they say there is no threat to the public.

Murdaugh: Timeline details South Carolina murder mysteries

June 25th 2021

S.C. LOWCOUNTRY — The two surviving immediate family members of a prominent S.C. Lowcountry family that suffered a double homicide on June 7 are offering a $100,000 reward in hopes of bringing justice to their family.

Murdaugh father, son offer $100K reward in double homicide case

What bothered me was AM & BM at the Governor’s Cup at Edisto beach July 24. Seven weeks after the murders like it didn’t happen.

Jmo

And then there were TWO.

Wow, informative article....
I just hope you and others will keep trying to post details from the FITS articles. I guess I have "three more" since it is the new year.....

I think we found out that we could not get to the fits articles through the incognito window??? Hopefully others will provide clarity on how to get to the articles without a subscription..

If I clear my browser cookies and cache, I can usually then start over the free read count.

Alex Murdaugh's Lawyers File Motion to Reduce $7 Million Bond, Saying He Has Less than $10K in Bank Account

Alex Murdaugh's Lawyers File Motion to Reduce $7 Million Bond, Saying He Has Less than $10K in Bank Account

Since when is bond determined by what is in the accused’s bank accounts?

Pamela Pinckney is one of Bamberg’s new clients who Murdaugh allegedly stole from. Murdaugh and his co-conspirators are accused of stealing approximately $1 million from the Pinckney family between 2011 and 2017, according to Bamberg.

https://www.fitsnews.com/2022/01/07...plegic-deaf-man-in-2011-scheme-attorney-says/

In the Pinckney case, one of the checks that was allegedly stolen was written directly to Palmetto State Bank. That check was for over $300,000, according to documents obtained by FITSNews.

Alex Murdaugh appeared to be involved in the wrongful death lawsuit, according to documents obtained by FITSNews. The documents show that Alex’s office staff prepared all the requests for documentation and did it in his name, not Lee’s name or in the name of PMPED.

I hope ppl learn from this, no dang reason for a lawyer be directing ppl to a bank. It’s a financial advisor you need. If you don’t like the plan see another then decide how you want to receive YOUR money.

Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member