TX TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, found deceased, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #4

But if it was suicide, LE needs to come out and give that official cause of death and not keep the public in fear.
I do think if it WAS suicide, they would have said so at some point. It wouldn't have been kept a mystery this long.

I also lean away from suicide. I feel it’s someone with a connection to that area. There are so many details though, that don’t make any sense, to me.
Another thing that bothers me is his phone. I’ve read in other cases where the phones that are left behind have been reset to factory settings which I guess means erases all phone and browsing activity? But his wasn’t?

Sometimes I just feel like many unexplained deaths get lumped into suicide/-maybe they are suicides, but it seems like a convenient fallback for the investigators. Of course, that hasn’t even been insinuated by LE in Alan’s case, that I know of.

Just to speak up for the suicide theory, I see a number of indications: a very short time frame for any murder to have occurred, an unlikely time of day for such a crime, body found within easy walking distance of his vehicle, no indication vehicle was stolen, no police comments on the death (to even confirm it’s a crime), radio silence from the family. Just seem like the most likely explanation to me.

Just to speak up for the suicide theory, I see a number of indications: a very short time frame for any murder to have occurred, an unlikely time of day for such a crime, body found within easy walking distance of his vehicle, no indication vehicle was stolen, no police comments on the death (to even confirm it’s a crime), radio silence from the family. Just seem like the most likely explanation to me.

All good points. One thing that doesn’t seem to fit though( IMO) is the wet front seats. The reports I read (IIRC) said it didn’t rain until the next day?

You make a good point but it has been mentioned that LE is treating it as a homicide. So, unless they are covering up for some reason or something else is going on must be homicide, or? Very strange all around.
IMO, LE is not treating or investigating this case as a suicide. Look at all the cases here at WS where a person goes missing and is found deceased due to suicide.IN nearly all cases, the media announces the body was found, then LE says something like "no foul play is suspected".

That has not happened in Alan's case, as you said - LE says they are treating the death investigation as a homicide.

At one time Alan’s brother was quoted as believing his brother was murdered and his body was dumped. This says to me that LE told the family something about either the scene (perhaps no weapon found) or body that didn’t indicate suicide. I’m tending to lean to no suicide as well as I also think, as others mentioned, that LE would have released a “no foul play” announcement. The silence on Alan’s case is sad.
My brother was a good man, with no known enemies; this is why this is so baffling to us,” Alan’s brother told Dateline on Sunday. “But alas, someone decided to take Alan off the Earth, and we ask for anyone that knows anything about the murder and dumping of his body to contact DPD.

Human remains discovered near college campus in Dallas identified as missing businessman Alan White

I lean toward his death being a homicide, sadly. And that everyone is keeping quiet either due to the personal circumstances or/and so that the suspect(s) won't know anything about the investigation. Just my opinions/ speculation. I still want to believe he'll receive justice.

https://www.dallasopendata.com/Public-Safety/2020-homicides/6qtg-jkfq/data

I wonder if someone smarter than me can search through this Dallas crime database to see if there are any clues in here about cause and manner of death. I'm not sure if i should be searching 2020 (when he was reported missing) or 2021 (when they found his body). In the Missy Bevers case, it wasn't until someone started searching the FBI databases and found the incident, did we confirm that she indeed died by gunshot.

https://www.dallasopendata.com/Public-Safety/2020-homicides/6qtg-jkfq/data

I wonder if someone smarter than me can search through this Dallas crime database to see if there are any clues in here about cause and manner of death. I'm not sure if i should be searching 2020 (when he was reported missing) or 2021 (when they found his body). In the Missy Bevers case, it wasn't until someone started searching the FBI databases and found the incident, did we confirm that she indeed died by gunshot.
I get this message, but I may have a filter set up wrong.
We're having trouble displaying this table. The query it's based on may be broken, or an underlying dataset may have been deleted or unpublished.

We're having trouble displaying this table. The query it's based on may be broken, or an underlying dataset may have been deleted or unpublished.
i adjusted the filter to 2020 and i got a huge list of homicides. you have to fiddle with the controls on the left. There's so much information in the database i think it takes a few moments for the list to appear.

I was having trouble too. It came up for me when I added new filters and set Victim Gender to male and Victim Race to white. Only 9 of these in 2020 btw, none fit Alan. I will look further.

I actually found the initial report when body was located! Sadly it is not giving any information we don't already know. I couldn't find any reports when AW was reported missing (probably not classified as a Police Incident), nor his ID.
Here is all the info provided about the incident.
Service Number ID: 083593-2021-01
Call (911): 40/01 - OTHER
Type of Incident: UNEXPLAINED DEATH (NO OFFENSE)
Type Location: Outdoor Area Public/Private
Incident Address: 5500 Bishop College Dr
Date of occurence: 2021-05-13
Time1 of Occurrence: 12:40
Time2 of Occurrence: 12:43 (maybe time of PD response or PD assignment?)
Offense entered time: 13:08
Victim Type: Individual
Victim Race: Unknown
Victim Gender: Unknown
Responding Officer #1: Brooks, Nicholas
Investigating Unit 1: Investigations
Investigating Unit 2: Capers/Homicide
Offense Status: Open
Modus Operandi: UNEXPLAINED DEATH, ONLY REMAINS AT LOCATION.
Hate Crime: this status is blank
Hate Crime Description: Unknown (other unexplained deaths this day, of which there are 3, are all open as well, yet Hate Crime Desc and Drug Related is listed as 'None'. So it seems that these 2 could not be ruled out for Alan yet)
Drug Related: Unknown

I was having trouble too. It came up for me when I added new filters and set Victim Gender to male and Victim Race to white. Only 9 of these in 2020 btw, none fit Alan. I will look further.

I was wondering if it would help to search 2021 for "death report/body located" (something similar) which might contain info (case number, etc) to tie back to AW's missing report in 2020??

ETA: I see we had same thought @bombardier and I'm glad you were able to find something!

It appears there are a total of six incidents reported at Bishop College Drive... three are found/recovered property. I'm confused a bit about the incident on 12/1/19 as the (special) investigation apparently was suspended (or maybe I'm reading incorrectly).

Last edited:
Awesome work looking at those incident reports! I was so lost in there i figured someone could figure it out!

It seems like Dallas has a lot of different data files available to the public -- https://www.dallasopendata.com/browse?limitTo=datasets
Some might be worth checking for dates like when Alan disappeared, when his car was found and when his body was found. Maybe a tiny grain of info to be gleaned?

Awesome work looking at those incident reports! I was so lost in there i figured someone could figure it out!

It seems like Dallas has a lot of different data files available to the public -- https://www.dallasopendata.com/browse?limitTo=datasets
Some might be worth checking for dates like when Alan disappeared, when his car was found and when his body was found. Maybe a tiny grain of info to be gleaned?
I believe I have the incidence report of when the car was found as well. some articles are vague but this one mentions 5800th block of kitty street. Here are the relevant details
(was it ever revealed that AWs car was 'stripped'? Because it's included in the report.)

Incidence number: 193179-2020
Call (911) problem: 58 - ROUTINE INVESTIGATION
Type location: Highway, Street, Alley ETC
Incident Address: 5899 Kitty St
Date of occurrence: 2020-10-29
Time1 of occurrence: 8:00
Call Received Date Time: 2020-10-29 09:10:07
Person Involvement Type: Victim
Victim Type: Government
Responding Officers: GUNNELLS,JUSTICE,OMEGA and SHIRLEY,JAMES,E
Investigating Unit 2: Special Investigations/ Auto Theft
Offense Status: Suspended
Modus Operandi: UNK SUSP STRIPPED A STOLEN VEHICLE

Oh wow, I applaud all of you researchers. Amazing work. “Stripped vehicle” sounds like auto theft/robbery/carjacking gone wrong. How awful. This fits with the front seats being found wet.

Last edited:
Thanks, @bombardier! Key piece of info that the car was found stripped.

Occam's Razor tells us this was a stranger-hijacking-robbery.

However ... if personal, the murderer might have dumped the car in an area where it was likely to be stripped or stolen, thereby destroying evidence and pointing away from the true motive.

Frustrating that we are back where we started! Though I have to say now I lean toward a street-crime.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back