Where do we find our posts deleted by MODS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rleigh123

On Time Out
Reaction score
How can I see my posts that have been deleted by MODS for violating rules?

I received alerts that I had posts deleted. One for being off topic and another for foul language.

I don't know what posts those were or what I said wrong. I've been mindful of rules. I need to see these so I know what I did.

I've looked in Alerts and My Content but I'm not seeing them.

Thanks!

Sometimes your post may be deleted if it references another post that DID violate TOS. Yours may not have violated at all other than replying. Not to worry, but always better to scroll on by or alert on a post you are unsure of.
HTH

Is there actually a way to see our deleted posts though?

I've had it happen that I couldn't remember what I had posted that got deleted.

(I often quote and reply to multiple posts at once -- so when something is deleted I would want to repost the parts that weren't a problem.)

Thanks in advance.

Is there actually a way to see our deleted posts though?

I've had it happen that I couldn't remember what I had posted that got deleted.

(I often quote and reply to multiple posts at once -- so when something is deleted I would want to repost the parts that weren't a problem.)

Thanks in advance.
Generally speaking, posts deleted from a discussion are deleted from your content as well. If they weren't people could just keep posting and re posting their errant content creating a nightmare for all, LOL

Hello,

I had two posts removed from the Gabby Petito Tread #43.

None of the reasons listed for why the post was deleted seem to apply, with the exception of "technical questions."

It's certainly possible that my content was removed because the discussion I was replying to was deleted

Still, I think it would be helpful to learn definition of "technical questions," so I'm certain not to repeat that violation?

Thanks,
TUTUFUN

Hello,

I had two posts removed from the Gabby Petito Tread #43.

None of the reasons listed for why the post was deleted seem to apply, with the exception of "technical questions."

It's certainly possible that my content was removed because the discussion I was replying to was deleted

Still, I think it would be helpful to learn definition of "technical questions," so I'm certain not to repeat that violation?

Thanks,
TUTUFUN

There were an excessive number of posts that had to be deleted in that particular discussion and without knowing the date of your deleted post it is not possible for us to locate it. If for example a post was asking how to perform a particular function on the forum, how to do such and such on a cell phone, etc it would have been determined it to be a "technical question" and therefore off topic in the discussion of the case at hand.

Is there a procedure in place for disputing deletions? I had one deleted on one of the Megan Boswell threads for not providing a URL source for my images. The images were copies of a search warrant. I can't provide a URL for an image that I obtained.

Also, this makes me wonder as to how I will provide a URL when sharing images of responses I recieve via FOIA requests that I personally requested?

Is there a procedure in place for disputing deletions? I had one deleted on one of the Megan Boswell threads for not providing a URL source for my images. The images were copies of a search warrant. I can't provide a URL for an image that I obtained.

Also, this makes me wonder as to how I will provide a URL when sharing images of responses I recieve via FOIA requests that I personally requested?

Check with a Moderator -- probably specifying that the document was received in response to your FOIA request dated Month/Date/Year would do it.

Consider becoming a Verified Insider for the thread as well:

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Just sticking my nose in where it does't belong but you guys with deleted postings need to figure some of this stuff out for yourselves. It's got to be some time consuming work riding herd over this group and then to think each moderator action would then be followed by numerous back and forth messages explaining the reasoning for the deletion or action.

If a mod deletes this posting I want an explanation!

It is generally ok to post photos that you took yourself -- by identifying yourself as the source it is understood there is no URL.

I would guess the same if you are screenshotting documents you are in personal possession of -- just explain clearly the situation. Not a mod though so MOO.

How can I see my posts that have been deleted by MODS for violating rules?

I received alerts that I had posts deleted. One for being off topic and another for foul language.

I don't know what posts those were or what I said wrong. I've been mindful of rules. I need to see these so I know what I did.

I've looked in Alerts and My Content but I'm not seeing them.

Thanks!
I understand totally what you mean.
I have had posts removed and what not....(ok maybe a time out here and there lol blush...over the years )

We sometimes have posted alot and are completely in the dark about where we vialated.

But for now there is no way to see them but I think its great to ask the question...and maybe next time websleuths is overhauled it might be a component that can be added to the program.

:)

Unfortunately, Websleuths newer Xenforo software does not send members a copy of the removed post and does not indicate which Moderator removed the post. With 207,000 members and a very small volunteer staff, it is therefore impossible timewise for Moderators to provide a detailed explanation for every single post that is removed or have detailed discussion regarding its removal.

Websleuths expectations are that members will have familiarized themselves with the Terms of Service (The Rules) within a couple of weeks of registering with the site. For example, if you receive a reason as "No link", then it's time to go back to The Rules and read up on what is required in relation to linking to a source and then you'll know how to avoid that same mistake in the future.

Also, it doesn't matter that members know which Mod or Admin removed the post because posts are removed based on training that all WS staff receive so you can be assured that the removal was justified in accordance with Websleuths rules and policies. If a reason provided was simply "Thread cleanup", that is because there were so many posts that had to be removed due to an OP violating a rule, and as explained in The Rules, ALL responses stemming from that post also get removed.

Hope that helps clarify.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member