Found Deceased UK - Janet Edwards, 66, Beechwood Court, Hereford, 10 Dec 2021

It looks like a fairly busy road. The police have given a timescale between 3-7pm. She was last seen at 3pm. What could she have been doing in that area until for four hours?

I wouldn't think it means she was in that exact location for four hours. I think they're probably thinking more of her turnning up there around 3pm and doing whatever she went there for, maybe stopping off at a friend's and coming out a few hour later, or going for a walk and coming back to the car an hour or two later, or anything like that.

Usually the times are a starting place and then might be reduced or expanded based on new information that comes in. Nothing seems to point to police having any new information come in that could help them narrow down what happened in that time frame or afterwards?

A couple of the running group did tv appeals and have done interviews and appeals on one of them ..I'll try and find the link .. stated the 7pm time relates to when her moms flat was first searched and she was found not to be there

It looks like a fairly busy road. The police have given a timescale between 3-7pm. She was last seen at 3pm. What could she have been doing in that area until for four hours?
It’s a very busy road. I’ve literally never been along by the blind college or Aylestone Hill when it hasn’t been end to end traffic. I’d be very surprised if no one had any dashcam footage of something.

A couple of the running group did tv appeals and have done interviews and appeals on one of them ..I'll try and find the link .. stated the 7pm time relates to when her moms flat was first searched and she was found not to be there

Do you happen to know where her mom's flat is at all @JosieJo?

I would like to know exactly who it was that last saw Janet alive. We know the last sighting of her was at 3pm that afternoon, and as there has been no video footage of her at that time you would have to presume that it was a witness sighting.

So did this person see her going in or out of Beechwood Court? Or did they see her walk off down Venns Lane? Are they absolutely sure it was Janet they saw?

Venns Lane is home to many nursing/care homes and retirement complexes (including Beechwood Court). If this is where JE was last sighted, and we’re assuming (or do we know?) that her mother resides here, the witness placing JE here around 3pm onwards could be her mother or a member of staff?

We know the last sighting of her was at 3pm that afternoon, and as there has been no video footage of her at that time you would have to presume that it was a witness sighting.

I would likely think if she were visiting her mother in a care home it may have been her mother herself or even a nurse/care worker.

Still too few details in this case, and certainly nothing new in the past month.

Also, police are asking for sightings of her between 3pm - 7pm. That's quite a stretch of time, especially as by 4pm it would be dark, so any potential witnesses who could've seen her 'out and about' in that area would've been hard pressed to actually see. It's December. It's dark and cold and usually raining.

I would likely think if she were visiting her mother in a care home it may have been her mother herself or even a nurse/care worker.

Still too few details in this case, and certainly nothing new in the past month.

Also, police are asking for sightings of her between 3pm - 7pm. That's quite a stretch of time, especially as by 4pm it would be dark, so any potential witnesses who could've seen her 'out and about' in that area would've been hard pressed to actually see. It's December. It's dark and cold and usually raining.

Agree that after 4pm it would be getting dark, however that still leaves a decent hour (3.00 - 4.00) of daylight for Janet to have been seen.

If the sighting at 3pm is correct of Janet setting off down Venns Lane then I am surprised that the Nuffield Hospital CCTV hasn't picked her up walking past, after all it's only about a 5 minute walk from Beechwood Court.

"Janet Edwards disappearance: friends speak out over ‘complete mystery’ | Hereford Times" Janet Edwards disappearance: friends speak out over ‘complete mystery’

I think this is the first mention of a possible sighting of Janet in Penn Grove Road in MSM, it had been mentioned originally on FB but now maybe the police are treating this sighting more seriously.

I do wonder if Janet was heading for the railway station that afternoon, that could explain the sighting of her down Penn Grove Road maybe?

Were her bag and phone in her car then? I must have missed that.

This news is just a rehash of previous statements, apparently taken from the Hereford Times - nothing new at all to report.

Whatever the scenario that Friday afternoon (Janet leaving of her own accord, self-harming or something bad happening to her), it's just strange that there is no sign of her after leaving Beechwood Court at 3.00.

In most cases, this would almost certainly point to her getting into a vehicle with someone (voluntary or not), and I wonder if the police have considered this option while looking for Janet on any CCTV footage they have?

I was thinking about Janet today, and really, this case is becoming ridiculous now. People do not disappear into thin air. I've never known a missing person case in the UK where so little is known. In fact, nothing is known really.

The police don't seem to have revealed anything else since the 2nd day she went missing. And I think that's because they really don't have anything themselves.

Good point about her perhaps getting into another vehicle.

The lack of CCTV sightings along a road which has many buildings that would have cameras, is worrying.

What is the next course of action for the police? Do they have one?

One of the first missing person cases which really drew me in was a young girl called Sophie Smith in December 2017. V little was released by LE and searches from the public and coastguard went on for some time. It transpired later that the poor girl had left notes and was receiving help for mental health struggles amongst other things. (The outcome was never confirmed but it seemed almost certain she had gone into the sea intentionally.)

I still think about Sophie and always hope missing persons cases will have a better outcome, but I worry more when little info is released.

I was thinking about Janet today, and really, this case is becoming ridiculous now. People do not disappear into thin air. I've never known a missing person case in the UK where so little is known. In fact, nothing is known really.

The police don't seem to have revealed anything else since the 2nd day she went missing. And I think that's because they really don't have anything themselves.

Good point about her perhaps getting into another vehicle.

The lack of CCTV sightings along a road which has many buildings that would have cameras, is worrying.

What is the next course of action for the police? Do they have one?

As you so rightly say, people do not just disappear into thin air. There just seems a lack of urgency from the police in this case and it hasn't changed from day one up until now.

They must surely of checked some CCTV footage by now, especially from places like the nearby hospital and the sixth form college, so presumably these have shown no sign of Janet.

Either they know more than they are letting on, or they know absolutely nothing at all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back