Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #141

Status
Not open for further replies.
as per research

(PDF) Cooling-Off Periods among Serial Killers

5 yrs is a long time

(of course, maybe some other kind of killer...)

I agree.
But something that just popped into my mind is an episode on Criminal Minds where a sk uses many different MO’s because he was trying to figure out what way of killing suited his fancy. And it was hard to link various cases to him because of this.
I wonder if this particular episode was based off of a rl killer or was this storyline made up.

MOO-info here.

as far as we know, no one else has been killed in Delphi.... so this person:
1. died
2. is in jail
3. moved on somewhere distant
4. completely changed?
... maybe got seriously injured and cannot commit this sort of offense?
anyone have any thoughts on what has become of BG?
My thoughts:
Didn't die,
didn't go to jail,
didn't move,
didn't completely change,
didn't get seriously injured.
MOO :)

Who are we to dispute information LE has given us? We don’t know what they know or why they believe what they believe. This is another example of how we want more information, then we don’t like what we learn.

We're allowed to want more information AND to disagree with the opinions from LE that we're given. IMOO, this case was handled in a bizarre fashion from the start. Everything from the strange pressers to, look at this sketch for two years and then, our bad, disregard that sketch and look at this one. This one is BG. (With no explanation to the public as to why.) LE make mistakes just like the rest of us. Somehow I am quite certain they have thick enough skin to be nonplussed by a few amateurs who bandy about opinions based on info published in MSM, opinions that they don't read anyway. AMOO JMHOO

That is true however the WS members went there because of the crime. Before that, what would draw the killer to the trails without knowing someone, or living or working in the area? Smaller communities where everyone recognizes one another because their lives are so intertwined, a stranger sticks out like a sore thumb. Maybe LE believes he had some familiarity for that reason - it was unusual to strangers around and not many people have a reason to seek their trails out?

ETA - Especially as it was February, and a weekday and there just happened to be no school that day.
Good question. The Indiana Packers plant is the closest stranger drawing entity. Not that he was there that day specifically for IP.

There is a daily bus bringing people from Lafayette (out of work, indigent) that might want to work there to the plant for a tour.

So that is one way a stranger could become aware of the area.

as per research

(PDF) Cooling-Off Periods among Serial Killers

5 yrs is a long time

(of course, maybe some other kind of killer...)

Just musing here but I've been wondering for awhile how much of the "conventional wisdom" about the behavior of killers, including what we think we know about cooling off periods and re-offending, will be turned on its head by the number of cold cases that will continue to be solved by genetic genealogy. It seems to me that one unanticipated result could be finding out that a greater number of killers than previously thought do just simply stop offending due to life circumstances or are one and done. This may trigger a re-evaluation of theories on the behavior of serial killers in particular.

as far as we know, no one else has been killed in Delphi.... ... anyone have any thoughts on what has become of BG?

A retired FBI agent I heard on a podcast suggested that some people try recreational murder, but instead of becoming regular serial killers, they find the experience unpleasant or frightening or not as satisfying as they expected. So in her suggestion: BG might have wanted to be a killer-for-pleasure but tried (Abby & Libby) it and didn't want to do it again, for whatever reason. That was this agent's belief: I'm not endorsing the idea, though it sounds plausible.

A retired FBI agent I heard on a podcast suggested that some people try recreational murder, but instead of becoming regular serial killers, they find the experience unpleasant or frightening or not as satisfying as they expected. So in her suggestion: BG might have wanted to be a killer-for-pleasure but tried (Abby & Libby) it and didn't want to do it again, for whatever reason. That was this agent's belief: I'm not endorsing the idea, though it sounds plausible.
That's an interesting take. I'm not adept at psychology or profiling, so I have nothing to offer on any of it, but my personal thought has been that the killer was perhaps triggered by another event in his life (a death, divorce, whatever) and maybe acted out in a more profound way than he normally would have. He might have already had these tendencies, but something specifically snapped that day? Idk...

Perhaps, I do hope he's a paranoid mess and constantly looking over his shoulder and waiting for that "knock at the door".

That knock at the door can be long delayed. In 1974 a young woman named Arlis Perry was found dead in a chapel on the Stanford University campus. A campus security guard named Stephen Crawford was on duty that night and claimed to have found the body. I would like to think Crawford, the murderer in that case, lived in absolute fear of that knock for over 40 years. He certainly didn't waste any time when the knock came: (wikipedia provides the quoted material)
----------------------------------
Murder of Arlis Perry - Wikipedia
... reviewed as a cold case ... In 2018, however, [Stephen] Crawford was definitively linked to the murder following a more advanced DNA test. On June 28, as police arrived at Crawford's residence ... with a search warrant, Crawford locked his door and committed suicide with a pistol before he could be arrested.

What would draw a serial killer anywhere? Maybe he used up way too many killings in his home area and wasn't caught and sought areas away from his home area. Why would he have to know someone or worked or lived in the area? Think of Israel Keyes.

1) relatives? In any nearby town.
2) probation officer, IOP program, etc.
3) girlfriend
4) hunting
5) occasionally, I check CSX. To my surprise, I found out that there still are branches in Lafayette, Monticello, Frankfort. At least on the map.
Perhaps it is easier and faster to get to the area by the railroad? Could the person be a fan, or work there?

why is there no
you make some excellent points. I’ve think LE has their eyes on someone, likely a local, but they don’t have enough evidence to press charges. Yet.
but his age might be anything between 18 and 40 and they cant figure which sketch to represent him or if anyone saw him or he was an online predator or random ...it doesnt seem they know anything for certain to have a fav suspect

I would’ve really love & appreciation seeing that podcast. Would you mind sharing it?

I would’ve really love & appreciation seeing that podcast. Would you mind sharing it?
Aspie, I'll try to find it. I'm not really a regular podcast listener but I had several days of traveling a month ago and I downloaded all the Delphi podcasts I could find. I put them on my phone and could listen as I drove. It may take me a while to find it--though I'm hoping I'll recognize it because it was relatively interesting and logical. I've found that not all podcasts meet that standard. :) I'll get back to you on the podcast!

as far as we know, no one else has been killed in Delphi.... so this person: 1. died 2. is in jail 3. moved on somewhere distant 4. completely changed? ... maybe got seriously injured and cannot commit this sort of offense? anyone have any thoughts on what has become of BG?
I see a 5th and 6th. 5. He's not a serial killer. I firmly believe this is a person who has committed sexual assault or other vile acts against girls and women. But maybe he didn't get the rush from this like serial killers. There are many crimes out there that are 'one off's' and the killer doesn't murder again. Or least LE can't connect the offender to others. 6. He has killed before and/or since but for one reason or another LE has not made the connection. The type of victim and method of killing is entirely different. His DNA may even be in CODIS, but LE didn't get his DNA from this crime or they got a partial that is not complete enough to make a connection.

Many thought the East Area Rapist/Original Night Stalker was dead or in prison after his last offense, but he was alive and well. For that matter, LE didn't even know the EAR and ONS were the same person till over a decade after the last murder. They made the connection after DNA technology came along. BTK stopped and had he not started again he might still be loose.

Any one of these is on the table. LE through FBI profilers might have a better idea, but from the public info I can't see any one being the most likely.

Another factor here is unprocessed rape kits across the country. There has been a major push in recent years to get them processed. But LE agencies have thrown some of those out due to being beyond the statute of limitations for the crime of rape in some states. That, too, has changed in recent years. But if this killer has committed sexual assault many years ago then his DNA may not be on record.

Last edited:
serial killers are less common now..but we still think of famous murders in terms of SK ...not to mention the fact that he recorded is reason enough to stop there....ALSO why should kill in delphi...I don't believe the local angle ..
he could be that kind of offender who wanted to have just one time to relive over and again..or to hear himself being discussed and talked about ..even though he couldn't have known he would be caught in the act

Regarding your opinion about the alibi scenario, do you think this possible alibi knows that they are the alibi? And that LE is just waiting on them to come out and tell them?
Also what kind of person would do this on purpose? And why?

I have thought about this scenario before, and I think it makes the most amount of sense. But I am still unsure because of the contradicting statements LE has made over the years.
This case is so frustrating. And baffling.

MOO. JMVHO.

I believe it's out of fear possibly that they are giving an alibi for the murderer. Possibly at first from a mistaken date of the alibi. Fear for themselves and family/children possibly.

serial killers are less common now..but we still think of famous murders in terms of SK ...not to mention the fact that he recorded is reason enough to stop there....ALSO why should kill in delphi...I don't believe the local angle ..
he could be that kind of offender who wanted to have just one time to relive over and again..or to hear himself being discussed and talked about ..even though he couldn't have known he would be caught in the act
I wonder about that aspect....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members