NM NM - Guadalupe Co, WhtFem 17-25, UP17089, Killed on BD (11-Jul-78) by RLanphear, Jul'78

A few updates for everyone. Diane finally opened up to me but she really wasnt very helpful. Apparently she has health issues and it has caused some memory problems. Some of the information that she gave didnt make sense at all so Im really not sure she is going to be able to help. She did say that Carl's rendering looked to be "too old" and Im not sure how to make her look more babyish. She said she didnt remember her having any bags or a coin purse, just the guitar and case. She didnt remember pawning the guitar (which the cops verified that they did pawn the guitar) and she couldnt remember where they picked her up. She is still very scared of Ronald Lanphear and that could be affecting her recalling details. He is still alive and in prison in California.
I also got the autopsy report and autopsy photos which Ive cleaned up and put on my facebook page. It showed most of the jewelry she was wearing which was very native american themed. I also have copies of her dental records but they arent much help because one of the bullets went through her mouth which shattered most of her teeth and also her top lip. Also, they sent her femur off to UNT to get DNA but I have not heard whether it was successful or not yet. Hopefully it was...
As for the case file, OMI cannot find it. Its been missing since her file was pulled when I first contacted them back in 2017. This REALLY upsets me. I cant believe you could just misplace something this important. They assure me that as soon as it turns up, they will send me everything. We will see....

Wow that's amazing!!!! This case is so upsetting, the birth certificate had EVERYTHING that's needed. Could she possibly be from native american descent?

Hi everyone,

I’m new here, only found this site 30 minutes ago lol, but I joined so I could post to this thread. I’ve just watched a YouTube video about this poor Doe, bless her soul, and although I doubt the video has any info that’s new to you guys, I figured you might like the link to it.
My only query re the video is why there was a mention of a possible ID match, but it stated that the other girl had a tattoo on her buttock. Wouldn’t that make it pretty obvious to establish whether they were the same woman? I was just puzzled why someone with such a distinctive mark would be included in a list of possible names - am I missing something?! I’m new to all this as you can probably tell lol. X

Anyway here’s the link to the video:

Hi everyone,

I’m new here, only found this site 30 minutes ago lol, but I joined so I could post to this thread. I’ve just watched a YouTube video about this poor Doe, bless her soul, and although I doubt the video has any info that’s new to you guys, I figured you might like the link to it.
My only query re the video is why there was a mention of a possible ID match, but it stated that the other girl had a tattoo on her buttock. Wouldn’t that make it pretty obvious to establish whether they were the same woman? I was just puzzled why someone with such a distinctive mark would be included in a list of possible names - am I missing something?! I’m new to all this as you can probably tell lol. X

Anyway here’s the link to the video:

Hi and welcome @thecunningslug

Thanks Carl!!

A few other things not posted in the Namus profile.

Ron Lanphear picked up this girl near a rest stop in Perry, OK. She said she had just gotten out of a truck trailer and was looking for another ride. So she wasnt from Perry, thats just where the person who was driving her stopped and let her out.

She stated she was traveling to California to see her mother and at one point she asked if they could pull over at a rest stop so she could call her mother because it was her birthday and she always called home to her mom on her birthday.

A few more facts about the guitar. They stole the guitar from this girl after Ron killed her and he took it to a pawn shop in Henderson, NV and had it pawned. According to a news article, the police recovered the guitar. But no one in the NM OMI has verified that. They wont even verify that it was her birthday. Not sure why. Maybe because its being taken from the word of a serial killer.

A few other misc details I have found in various old newspaper articles was that she was a runaway and that the trio possibly stopped at a coffee shop and a bar before Ron killed her.
Quick question for you. Did she use the words "tractor-trailer" or was that paraphrased? I only ask because that term for 18 wheelers tends to be concentrated to the northeast:
truckmap.jpg

That could help narrow searching.

Quick question for you. Did she use the words "tractor-trailer" or was that paraphrased? I only ask because that term for 18 wheelers tends to be concentrated to the northeast:
truckmap.jpg

That could help narrow searching.

I wish I knew if those were her exact words. Unfortunately I have no idea....

Just doing some digging and saw on a document that she was picked up in the evening around 10pm, was that day her birthday or was it the next is still the question.

I've also read and heard that she made the phone call already that's why she was dropped off at OK Perry to make the call, so she could of been reported missing in 79 if the mother didn't recieve the call

Also I've thought about a lot lately was it actually her birthday, Or was it her mother's as it could be taken both ways.

I'm not american, so correct me if wrong. She would of been a junior nearing a senior, she could possibly be in some year book somewhere. A group of people with the right skills could do an elimination process, it may take a little while but nothing is as long as being unidentified this long for.

Also I've thought about a lot lately was it actually her birthday, Or was it her mother's as it could be taken both ways.
From the second post in this thread:

"According to Geisinger, the victim had stated that it was her 17th birthday on the day that she was killed (July 11, 1978), so the girl's DOB was July 11, 1961."

Just doing some digging and saw on a document that she was picked up in the evening around 10pm, was that day her birthday or was it the next is still the question.

I've also read and heard that she made the phone call already that's why she was dropped off at OK Perry to make the call, so she could of been reported missing in 79 if the mother didn't recieve the call

I'm not american, so correct me if wrong. She would of been a junior nearing a senior, she could possibly be in some year book somewhere. A group of people with the right skills could do an elimination process, it may take a little while but nothing is as long as being unidentified this long for.

I believe the victim had her birth certificate with her and the killer verified that it was actually her birthday - at least I'm sure I read that elsewhere in the thread. The killer dumped all of the victim's stuff and forgot her name, but remembered the birthday bit.

I believe the victim had her birth certificate with her and the killer verified that it was actually her birthday - at least I'm sure I read that elsewhere in the thread. The killer dumped all of the victim's stuff and forgot her name, but remembered the birthday bit.
Yes and this was verified by Diane herself. She said It was her birthday either the day of her murder, the day before or the day after. She couldn’t remember which one.

Was Lisa Joy White ever ruled out? It seems so bizarre that they would look up and remember her B-day but neither bothered to look over at her name on that same piece of paper? For those who are searching CA records for females born on that date, what are you using to search? I have used the CA birth index quite a bit but cannot find a feature that lets me search by date.

Was Lisa Joy White ever ruled out? It seems so bizarre that they would look up and remember her B-day but neither bothered to look over at her name on that same piece of paper? For those who are searching CA records for females born on that date, what are you using to search? I have used the CA birth index quite a bit but cannot find a feature that lets me search by date.

Ancestry can be searched by an exact date. In California alone, there are about 6,200 females listed who were born on 11 Jul 1961.

Looking specially at her attire and jewelry, I think this Jane doe had a very bohemian tribal style and lived a very bohemian lifestyle in that she was, at that point in her life, trying to be free and nomadic.
Now, she was only 16 or 17 so you can’t be THAT free so where did she come from? If what I have read (and what Diana said) are true, she wasn’t traveling with a suitcase or extra clothing so that leads me to believe she wasn’t going very far. Or at least she hadn’t come from a very far place when they picked her up in Perry, OK. So maybe she lived in OK somewhere? She was obviously into the tribal jewelry and fashion with the braids in her hair, leather moccasins, multiple rings and earrings, and feather beaded necklace.

wherever she was from, she was well taken care of. She was healthy and her teeth had good quality fillings and visited the dentist regularly. However, It said in the autopsy report she likely hadn’t visited a dentist in the last 3-9 months.
I do Think either 10, 11, or July 12 was her actual birthday. Maybe she lied about her age to sound older or possibly younger so she wouldn’t be a legal 18 year old adult with a strange man?

Just some thoughts to ponder and bounce off of you wonderful like minded peeps :)

Totally unsure but I want to share my thoughts with you. Could she be Margaret Kay Holst. Margaret Kay Holst – The Charley Project
  • Missing Since0 8/04/1977
  • Missing From Omaha, Nebraska see Google map
  • Classification Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 1 0/19/1958 (63) Doesn't fit with the claims made
  • Age 18 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'6, 130 pounds Jane Doe 5'8, 145 p
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A long-sleeved red and black shirt, blue jeans, blue sandals, an opal birthstone ring on her left hand, and a small gold band with a stamped "M" on her left hand. Carrying a brown imitation leather purse with a shoulder strap.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Red hair. Jane Doe died/bleached blonde. Holst's nickname is Margie. Her eyes may appear hazel or blue. She has a small scar on the center of her forehead, Jane Doe no scar mentioned her ears are pierced Jane Does ears are pierced and her upper teeth are crooked. The bullet went through Jane Does teeth and injured her upper lip
Note: Not sure but the black and white picture with the microphone looks like she is singing, maybe even with a guitar.

margaret_kay_holst_3.jpg
upload_2022-1-18_18-59-26.png
margaret_kay_holst_1.jpg

upload_2022-1-18_18-58-14.png

Route the killers allegedly took
upload_2022-1-18_19-10-39.png

Attachments

• upload_2022-1-18_18-58-35.png
    upload_2022-1-18_18-58-35.png
    767.7 KB · Views: 9
Ancestry can be searched by an exact date. In California alone, there are about 6,200 females listed who were born on 11 Jul 1961.
Thank you so much for the info! All the more reason I need to renew my account. That’s a lot of people though! Wow!

Hello everyone, I just joined after running across this thread on Google. None of the details match but I see so many similar features between this Jane Doe and Simone Ridinger (who went missing in Sept 1977) and she played guitar. I just wanted to post and get your opinions on this. If anyone is still following it.

Attachments

• A19D155C-D1F5-4851-89AB-6C0345BC2515.jpeg
    A19D155C-D1F5-4851-89AB-6C0345BC2515.jpeg
    251.3 KB · Views: 34
Five NamUs exclusions as of February 10th:

MP19092
Laurie Amico
02/20/1976
Broward
FL

MP6556
Angela Ramsey
06/21/1977
Volusia
FL

MP12961
Nancy Tharp
08/20/1977
Hennepin
MN

MP869
Benita Chamberlin
02/23/1978
Lane
OR

MP6408
Connie Minchaca
06/09/1978
Napa
CA

Last edited:
Hola a todos, me uní después de encontrarme con este hilo en Google. Ninguno de los detalles coincide, pero veo muchas características similares entre esta Jane Doe y Simone Ridinger (quien desapareció en septiembre de 1977) y ella tocaba la guitarra. Solo quería publicar y obtener sus opiniones sobre esto. Si alguien todavía lo sigue.
1497UFNM La Red Doe: Expediente 1255DFMA
  1. ivonne , 21 de abril de 2020 Informe
    #333 + Presupuesto Respuesta
    De hecho, en 2020 yo sugerí esta pareja como posible coincidencia.
1497UFNM
The Doe Network: Case File 1255DFMA

No vivo en EE.UU. por eso no envió esto a ninguna agencia. Ojala usted pueda hacerlo.

Five NamUs exclusions as of February 10th:

MP19092
Laurie Amico
02/20/1976
Broward
FL

MP6556
Angela Ramsey
06/21/1977
Volusia
FL

MP12961