CONVICTION OVERTURNED GA - Ross Harris Trial Appeal, hot car death of son, Cooper

I watched some more videos about this case and I'm glad they aren't giving him a new trial. Just some thoughts.

The sexting IMO is irrelevant to the crime itself, however it does show that he certainly wasn't the happy husband and father he was pretending to be.

Some have pointed out that if he really planned this he wouldn't have been texting. But I honestly think he thought he would get away with it. IMO he asked his friends to drive him to the car because he didn't want to be alone when he discovered the body. (Mr Crime Buff, that's usually a suspicious thing to the police) I think he honestly expected Cooper to be dead when he came by after lunch and he could hear him when he opened the door which is why he quickly tossed in the light bulbs and shut the door.

I think this is also why he drove to a public place to be seen because in his mind that was part of the staging.

Also some people were defending him saying that the night before he was looking up cruise ships that accepted small children. IMO that was a last ditch investigation into another alternative. "Accidentally dropping your child overboard" (this would allow them to sue the cruise ship and get a settlement and get rid of baby instantly) But he probably realized that with all the cameras on the cruise ship he'd not likely get away with it.

The only thing I wonder is if the mother was in on it. I can see the argument that she's defending him so much so he won't rat her out. And there's really no way for him to incriminate her without admitting to premeditated murder since he is the one who did the act.

A Cobb County father who was convicted of murder for leaving his 22-month-old son inside a car for hours on a hot day, resulting in the child's death in 2014, will have his appeal heard next week by the Georgia Supreme Court.
According to an overview of the case provided by the Georgia Supreme Court, lawyers for Harris are arguing the trial court made "errors related to its evidentiary decisions."
A Cobb County judge denied Harris a new trial in May 2021. The state Supreme Court will hear oral arguments in the case on Tuesday, Jan. 18.
Justin Ross Harris murder appeal to Georgia Supreme Court | 11alive.com
IMO the Supreme Court will turn him down too.

@cathyrusson

Prosecutor Linda Dunikoski from the McMichael, et al, trial is arguing for the state in the Justin Ross Harris hearing. https://gasupreme.us/live/
Just a heads up. I clicked on that link there and got a 'you have been blocked' message. Due to the action I performed, which was simply clicking the link. It states you can email the site owner, not possible when blocked. Weird.

Delighted to hear she is involved. She was immense in that trial.

Just a heads up. I clicked on that link there and got a 'you have been blocked' message. Due to the action I performed, which was simply clicking the link. It states you can email the site owner, not possible when blocked. Weird.

Delighted to hear she is involved. She was immense in that trial.
I didn't have any problems with the link. I'm in Washington State. Are you in Scotland? If so then maybe it's blocked for non-US, perhaps on the UK side?

The state's argument IMO was compelling but I guess we'll have to wait for the GA Supreme Court's decision.

I didn't have any problems with the link. I'm in Washington State. Are you in Scotland? If so then maybe it's blocked for non-US, perhaps on the UK side?

The state's argument IMO was compelling but I guess we'll have to wait for the GA Supreme Court's decision.

Ahh, you're probably right! I am, yes. Usually there's just a 'this is unavailable in the EU' type thing & I get round it another way. This is an in-your-face message, I'll try adding it here. Thank you!

upload_2022-1-20_17-55-34.png

@Chewy “Also some people were defending him saying that the night before he was looking up cruise ships that accepted small children. IMO that was a last ditch investigation into another alternative. "Accidentally dropping your child overboard" (this would allow them to sue the cruise ship and get a settlement and get rid of baby instantly) But he probably realized that with all the cameras on the cruise ship he'd not likely get away with it.”

This was likely Ross pre-staging the scene. For the same reasons he stopped by Chic-Fil-a that morning so he could be seen on camera playing and holding his son. How could Ross intentionally kill his son if he was making plans to take his son on a cruise vacation the night before?

A Cobb County father who was convicted of murder for leaving his 22-month-old son inside a car for hours on a hot day, resulting in the child's death in 2014, will have his appeal heard next week by the Georgia Supreme Court.
According to an overview of the case provided by the Georgia Supreme Court, lawyers for Harris are arguing the trial court made "errors related to its evidentiary decisions."
A Cobb County judge denied Harris a new trial in May 2021. The state Supreme Court will hear oral arguments in the case on Tuesday, Jan. 18.
Justin Ross Harris murder appeal to Georgia Supreme Court | 11alive.com
IMO the Supreme Court will turn him down too.
So, it's past Jan. 18th. What was the outcome? Have they not decided yet because I'm sure we would all have heard by now if they decided to overturn his conviction.

The Supreme Court may make a decision by March. The link below is the transcribed oral arguments from that hearing. You may want to scroll down to read Linda Dunikoski's presentation. I almost felt sorry for her, because she inherited a real mess from the former prosecutors. I think Ross Harris has a chance of winning this appeal. And he should.
Georgia Supreme Court Oral Arguments 1/18/2022 - The Justin Ross Harris Case

The Supreme Court may make a decision by March. The link below is the transcribed oral arguments from that hearing. You may want to scroll down to read Linda Dunikoski's presentation. I almost felt sorry for her, because she inherited a real mess from the former prosecutors. I think Ross Harris has a chance of winning this appeal. And he should.
Georgia Supreme Court Oral Arguments 1/18/2022 - The Justin Ross Harris Case
I wouldn't worry about her. She's used to cleaning up messes from former prosecutors as evidenced in the Ahmaud Arbery trial, and she's very good.

I wouldn't worry about her. She's used to cleaning up messes from former prosecutors as evidenced in the Ahmaud Arbery trial, and she's very good.

I'm not worried about her at all. I think she did a good job in the Arbery trial. Her defense of Ross Harris's conviction before the S.C., though - not so much.

Georgia Supreme Court overturns Ross Harris’ murder conviction in son’s hot car death

The Georgia Supreme Court has overturned the Ross Harris’ murder in the hot car death of his son Cooper.

The court released its opinion Wednesday morning. The court upheld Harris’ conviction for sexual crimes committed against a teen.

“The Supreme Court has reversed Justin Ross Harris’s convictions for murder and other crimes related to the death of his toddler son, Cooper, in a hot car, because the jury ‘heard and saw an extensive amount of improperly admitted evidence,’” according to the release.

More at link.

I can only say RH is as guilty as anyone I've ever followed that was accused of murder. CH's death was intentional, premeditated and performed with malice aforethought.

Leave out the prior dalliances and desire to continue sexual escapades and retry him.

I can only say RH is as guilty as anyone I've ever followed that was accused of murder. CH's death was intentional, premeditated and performed with malice aforethought.

Leave out the prior dalliances and desire to continue sexual escapades and retry him.
I am with you 100%. He is guilty and it’s not even close.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back