Found Deceased AZ - Benjamin Anderson, 41, Car found burned, Phoenix, 31 Dec 2021

I had written a post long ago in response to some pushback on questioning the original story by Ben's friends (by that I mean Dan etc.) but it was deleted because a post I quoted got deleted. So I'm going to bring this up again in light of the recent revelations and in support of @BenjaminJAndersonAlly thoughts.

First, I have been reading here since the very beginning. I admit that when I first read the news stories about this case, the disappearance, and the stories of the friends and their actions on that day, my eyebrows were more than just a little raised. I have been following true crime stories (especially missing persons cases), often from the first moment they are reported missing, and I honestly cannot remember one single case where a missing persons family, let alone friends, went to such extraordinary lengths to find them independently of LE so quickly and publicly. (Children are different, obviously). And I admit it made me highly suspicious.

But then we had our Verified insiders, obviously people who very deeply loved Ben, who were kind enough to share with us what kind of person he was, what effect he had on people, and what kind of friend he was. So I came to understand that such an extraordinary person would perhaps inspire extraordinary actions from those who cared about him if they believed he was in danger.

But still... I can't seem to quell those doubts about those accounts. They all seem so far fetched to me. I will say that complex cases with electronic data, surveillance, phone pings etc take longer and longer to make arrests. And while I do think it's odd that LE has not released the surveillance video from the Sheraton, and that fact could be used to call into question the veracity of that part of the story. I will however, note that in other cases, police will do their best to analyze video and identify the individuals in the video before they reach out to the public. They only seem to release that when they hit a dead end.

This is all just my opinion of course and I don't have the perspective and inside knowledge Ben's friends have. It just struck me all as very odd.

If this was a random crime, however I will opine that it all started outside of the apartment, and not in it. A carjacking gone wrong? And perhaps when Ben's friends spotted them they got nervous and decided to ditch and torch the car instead.

My heart really goes out to Ben's loved ones. What an amazing human being he seemed to be!

This is poorly written IMO....IIRC the bathroom window is not new, it was in one MSM article from Jan. 2nd (or the Daily Beast article) but correct, not widely mentioned.

The Citizen app fire video did not happen "as they were dialing 911" from the car chase it was 1.5 hours later when they were back at BA apt. Just to clarify for anyone new, and an illustration of media, not a critique of @Kpossible44 sharing.

When I follow a case, I’m a stickler for gathering and remembering details. I didn’t recall any mention of the window, so I searched prior articles and came up empty. I must have missed it. Can you please post it if you happen to find it? Thanks so much!

I would hope and think MCSO has checked DS, Dan's partner, etc. for where abouts, brunch took place, etc. If you know differently please contact MCSO immediately.
With the amount of time that has passed. LE has likely verified everything. I’m speculating.
I had written a post long ago in response to some pushback on questioning the original story by Ben's friends (by that I mean Dan etc.) but it was deleted because a post I quoted got deleted. So I'm going to bring this up again in light of the recent revelations and in support of @BenjaminJAndersonAlly thoughts.

First, I have been reading here since the very beginning. I admit that when I first read the news stories about this case, the disappearance, and the stories of the friends and their actions on that day, my eyebrows were more than just a little raised. I have been following true crime stories in specially missing persons cases, originally from the first moment they are reported missing, and I honestly cannot remember one single case where a missing persons family, let alone friends, went to such extraordinary lengths to find them independently of LE so quickly and publicly. (Children are different, obviously). And I admit it made me highly suspicious.

Then of course we had our Verified insiders, obviously people who very deeply loved Ben, who were kind enough to share with us what kind of person he was, what effect he had on people, and what kind of friend he was. So I could understand that such an extraordinary person would perhaps inspire extraordinary actions from those who cared about him if they believed he was in danger.

But still... I can't seem to quell those doubts about the truthfulness of those accounts. They all seem so far fetched to me. I will say that complex cases with electronic data, surveillance, phone pings etc take longer and longer to make arrests. And while I do think it's odd that LE has not released the surveillance video from the Sheraton, and that fact could be used to call junto question the veracity of that part of the story. I will however, note that in other cases, police will do their best to analyze video and identify the individuals in the video before they reach out to the public. They only seem to release that when they hit a dead end.

This is all just my opinion of course and I don't have the perspective and inside knowledge Ben's friends have. It just struck me all as very odd.

If this was a random crime, however I will opine that it all started outside of the apartment, and not in it. A carjacking gone wrong? And perhaps when Ben's friends spotted them they got nervous and decided to ditch and torch the car instead.

My heart really goes out to Ben's loved ones. What an amazing human being he seemed to be!
Ben was truly a wonderful person. And my heart is hurting it took me a while to say anything online. My mourning was reserved to our mutual friends. At least 1 is here and verified. That person knows me very well and know I couldn’t do much openly. And though I don’t know all of the verified people I know we all loved him. Let’s hope the truth is know soon. The wait is grueling.

“Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.”

I mentioned before that I had found it odd Ben hadn’t mentioned anything to me about having been up in northern Arizona visiting friends/driving home the 30th of December because he hadn’t mentioned anything about it to me during our text message exchange that night. Previously, this had been the reason, per Dan, Ben had given for cancellation of the 12/31/21 morning brunch as he was too tired from the driving associated with those activities.

Now, in this latest story it states that in the 8am phone call, Ben made to Dan calling off said brunch it was because he was tired from a long day of work the day before!? WHAT?!

There is no mention of having been up in northern Arizona visiting friends and/or the long drive at all.

I also find it odd Chris is never mentioned anywhere, in any MSM report to this point, and now, here he is, front & center in this, the latest, MSM news story (he is both featured on camera, and he mentioned in the written article).

I was interested to learn, in this article, Chris was supposedly the driver of “the friends’” vehicle. It had not previously been divulged in MSM that he had even been present during the 12/31/21 events that transpired.

I’m listening to this story, and I am literally voicing aloud to myself, “WWWHHAAT!?!?” as we learn the bathroom window in Ben’s residence was open (a minor detail possibly of extreme importance omitted from all previous reports).

In the case of the “Sheraton footage,” though many have been quick to jump to criticism & attempt to put the kibosh on my expressed opinions/my theories, could there be a chance it is because there exists none, or the quality is so poor it may not be beneficial/useful?

One would think LE would be putting that out (by now) so the public would be able to assist in identifying the suspect(s) if they had not already done so with some level of confidence - especially in such a high profile case.

If LE felt they had good id/intell on the suspect(s) (from all the camera footage @BradSleuth1 reminds us is potentially available + possibly any DNA they may have been able to collect at the scene(s) of the crime) they would have likely brought him/her/them in for an initial interrogation and/or made an arrest by now, I would expect.

I don’t buy into the argument that LE doesn’t want to release the suspect(s) sketches/faces/video for public to view for fear that would cause their potential flight.

LE can even utilize collected DNA technology to build a sketch of the suspect (see screenshot to view Mesa Police example).

Remember our “serial shooter” who was firing at unsuspecting drivers along the I-10 a few years ago? The sketch of that suspect is still burned into my memory as though it was yesterday.

There have been many instances when sketches, images, and wanted posters have aided in bringing violent offenders to justice.

Of course the FBI has their infamous “Most Wanted List.” Remember AZ’s own Robert Fisher? His photos are still up w/age enhanced photos added beside them.

I have been waiting patiently, as have all of you, but I have still seen no concrete evidence nor been made aware of any evidence to date validating the existence of the mystery trio nor that the alleged car pursuit took place.

With yesterday’s news story, as well as today’s story, we have another major adjustment in the recounting of events … Now, rather than the Lexus/police communication identifying the Lexus and/or mystery trio at the motel, we’ve got “the friends” allegedly being the ones tracking the Lexus/trio to the motel and then to the Sheraton in these reports.

**smh**

The only thing consistent about “the friends” story is that the story, itself, is consistently altered, continuously transformed, & changed.

Though this is the case, many seem to turn a blind eye to it, “follow the sheep,” and just accept whatever is stated as fact.

While I do accept some do not agree with me or support my opinions, I still have a voice and a choice (as well as a right to share both). I will not be bullied into being censored to the point that I will no longer post to this website.

I do understand that the media can twist things as well as lose things in translation sometimes.

That said, there are so many inconsistencies, there are multiple components that do not fit/don’t make sense. My opinions are heavily weighted on my most recent communications with Ben and on my experience (including, but not limited to, my knowledge of privacy law & disclosure restrictions).

As an aside, when I last checked, there had been $10,555 raised by the Go Fund Me campaign. “The friends” have not yet raised the full $25,000. Yet, the 2 most recent news stories state they have raised the $25,000.

Am I missing something?

Why try to alter perceptions when what they have managed to raise is awesome (more than respectable)?

The combination of these factors cause me and others to look at “the friends” with increased scrutiny & suspicion.

This doesn’t mean we are “accusing” them of a crime, but it certainly is alarming that it seems with many of the reports coming out, as of late, there seems to be something “off,” or some new piece of withheld information comes to light. It certainly doesn’t make me feel good.

Also, recent homicide victims from early December - January 1st have victims’ photos/posters on the Silent Witness website with “up to $2,000” rewards for information. There are several homicide victims’ posters there, but I only included one screenshot example in my collection below as I have many/multiple screenshots in this post.

Ben’s case/photo/poster is missing. WHY?!?

Something is amiss. This case is different. I don’t know why. I have no idea why LE is treating it so atypically. I do not know what is going on, but it is making me super uncomfortable, I cannot sleep, and I, like all of you, of course want/need answers.

Most everyone has the mindset, “Justice for Ben.” Well, yes.

HOWEVER, my Ben, would be say’n, “Honey, I’m already gone, get these guys off the streets so they can NEVER EVER - EEEVVEER HURT ANYONE like they hurt me ever again.” That would be his concern. That’s the kind of person he was. Even in death, Ben would be putting others first.

If these events that allegedly transpired did occur, as stated (and I still hope so), it is my hope that, ultimately, evidence to that effect will be produced. Until then, we wait.

**Tried to edit and add more supporting documentation in the form of screenshots from the various articles, but the system would not allow/stated not permitted to add any additional screenshots**

DNA has to exist. DNA has to be in a database to compare.

Interestingly, I just back into Robert Fisher before this came up, too!

I feel your pain. I really do. Since you seem to be a Shakespeare fan.... in reference to all of us; Dan, Chris, "the friends", you, me, and other posters....
  • All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man [woman] in his [her] time plays many parts, his [her] acts being seven ages.

When I follow a case, I’m a stickler for gathering and remembering details. I didn’t recall any mention of the window, so I searched prior articles and came up empty. I must have missed it. Can you please post it if you happen to find it? Thanks so much!
I didn't bookmark the early flood of missing persons...i'll try after dinner. To be honest it was IIRC thing.
Minor detail IMO though. His apt. building is older and may not have had a fan...structures in that area were built in early 50- mid 50s. I can't remember now what the windows were like when I walked the property.

Imagine not knowing what happened to one of your good friends. Suddenly find out he was brutally murdered and yiu trying to recall details all while dealing with the reality your friend was murdered. Then a couple weeks has passed and you’ve had a moment to process but still in shock. Details may become clearer or your perception of things may have changed. I’ve worked in front of a camera and know that how something is edited can piece together to paint a picture. He has zero control on how something is piece together in a news report or article.
And if the mate is like me a very low key and would have opted to avoid being on camera. I’m a emotional person but 2 weeks later he may have a push to share more and get on camera. It’s been 2 weeks I will assume they’ve spoken with LE multiple times and feel speaking up again may help. I’m not telling you how to feel but being someone who has dealt with people who have lost people through tragedy what you find questionable is not that uncommon
Well stated....

With the amount of time that has passed. LE has likely verified everything. I’m speculating.

Ben was truly a wonderful person. And my heart is hurting it took me a while to say anything online. My mourning was reserved to our mutual friends. At least 1 is here and verified. That person knows me very well and know I couldn’t do much openly. And though I don’t know all of the verified people I know we all loved him. Let’s hope the truth is know soon. The wait is grueling.
Yes. Glad you are here with us, and we welcome you.

My spouse’s birthday was earlier this week. There was an empty seat at our table (reserved for him), and a huge void in our hearts. My little boy made a place card for him.

Sitting there, teary-eyed … looking at his empty chair , my thoughts turned to watching the movie My Best Friend’s Wedding together.

After we saw that movie, Ben & I agreed that if we reached the age of 40, and neither of us were married, we would marry each other (platonic marriage).

Well, I am older, and I was the one to get married first & mess that up for us. Ha♥️ Not sure if we would have ever followed through with it or not, but we always joked about it with one another. It was fun.

I will never forget … when Ben came to my wedding, he told me, he was certain we would make it because he would never attend a wedding for a couple unless he had full confidence the marriage would last. :) (So far, he has been right.)

Attachments

• D1A5DE4F-8D6D-4922-9B25-9E079C833F51.jpeg
    D1A5DE4F-8D6D-4922-9B25-9E079C833F51.jpeg
    97.6 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

First, I have been reading here since the very beginning. I admit that when I first read the news stories about this case, the disappearance, and the stories of the friends and their actions on that day, my eyebrows were more than just a little raised. I have been following true crime stories (especially missing persons cases), often from the first moment they are reported missing, and I honestly cannot remember one single case where a missing persons family, let alone friends, went to such extraordinary lengths to find them independently of LE so quickly and publicly. (Children are different, obviously). And I admit it made me highly suspicious.

But then we had our Verified insiders, obviously people who very deeply loved Ben, who were kind enough to share with us what kind of person he was, what effect he had on people, and what kind of friend he was. So I came to understand that such an extraordinary person would perhaps inspire extraordinary actions from those who cared about him if they believed he was in danger.

But still... I can't seem to quell those doubts about those accounts. They all seem so far fetched to me. I will say that complex cases with electronic data, surveillance, phone pings etc take longer and longer to make arrests. And while I do think it's odd that LE has not released the surveillance video from the Sheraton, and that fact could be used to call into question the veracity of that part of the story. I will however, note that in other cases, police will do their best to analyze video and identify the individuals in the video before they reach out to the public. They only seem to release that when they hit a dead end.

IMO there is a major factor not known.

IMO I agree with something happened after leaving apt. BUT why did he leave apartment? Was it to start his day of errands and ran into carjacking, etc? Then, why leave wallet and credit cards if going to be gone all day? Did he run out to grab something quick then ran into trio? Why hang on to a car for 12 hours before ditching and burning?

MCSO and Phoenix PD are separate entities. The Sheriffs Office covers Maricopa County and unincorporated areas, Like New River, Anthem, Fountain Hills, etc. Ben lived in the City of Phoenix, car was located in City of Phoenix and burned in City of Phoenix. Body was found in New River. Quite a bit of coordination of info exchange between the two entities.

Thank and we'll put!!!
Yes. Glad you are here with us, and we welcome you.

My spouse’s birthday was earlier this week. There was an empty seat at our table (reserved for him), and a huge void in our hearts. My little boy made a place card for him.

Sitting there, teary-eyed … looking at his empty chair , my thoughts turned to watching the movie My Best Friend’s Wedding together.

After we saw that movie, Ben & I agreed that if we reached the age of 40, and neither of us were married, we would marry each other (platonic marriage).

Well, I am older, and I was the one to get married first & mess that up for us. Ha♥️ Not sure if we would have ever followed through with it or not, but we always joked about it with one another. It was fun.

I will never forget … when Ben came to my wedding, he told me, he was certain we would make it because he would never attend a wedding for a couple unless he had full confidence the marriage would last. :) (So far, he has been right.)

I mentioned before that I had found it odd Ben hadn’t mentioned anything to me about having been up in northern Arizona visiting friends/driving home the 30th of December because he hadn’t mentioned anything about it to me during our text message exchange that night. Previously, this had been the reason, per Dan, Ben had given for cancellation of the 12/31/21 morning brunch as he was too tired from the driving associated with those activities.

Now, in this latest story it states that in the 8am phone call, Ben made to Dan calling off said brunch it was because he was tired from a long day of work the day before!? WHAT?!

There is no mention of having been up in northern Arizona visiting friends and/or the long drive at all.

I also find it odd Chris is never mentioned anywhere, in any MSM report to this point, and now, here he is, front & center in this, the latest, MSM news story (he is both featured on camera, and he mentioned in the written article).

I was interested to learn, in this article, Chris was supposedly the driver of “the friends’” vehicle. It had not previously been divulged in MSM that he had even been present during the 12/31/21 events that transpired.

I’m listening to this story, and I am literally voicing aloud to myself, “WWWHHAAT!?!?” as we learn the bathroom window in Ben’s residence was open (a minor detail possibly of extreme importance omitted from all previous reports).

In the case of the “Sheraton footage,” though many have been quick to jump to criticism & attempt to put the kibosh on my expressed opinions/my theories, could there be a chance it is because there exists none, or the quality is so poor it may not be beneficial/useful?

One would think LE would be putting that out (by now) so the public would be able to assist in identifying the suspect(s) if they had not already done so with some level of confidence - especially in such a high profile case.

If LE felt they had good id/intell on the suspect(s) (from all the camera footage @BradSleuth1 reminds us is potentially available + possibly any DNA they may have been able to collect at the scene(s) of the crime) they would have likely brought him/her/them in for an initial interrogation and/or made an arrest by now, I would expect.

I don’t buy into the argument that LE doesn’t want to release the suspect(s) sketches/faces/video for public to view for fear that would cause their potential flight.

LE can even utilize collected DNA technology to build a sketch of the suspect (see screenshot to view Mesa Police example).

Remember our “serial shooter” who was firing at unsuspecting drivers along the I-10 a few years ago? The sketch of that suspect is still burned into my memory as though it was yesterday.

There have been many instances when sketches, images, and wanted posters have aided in bringing violent offenders to justice.

Of course the FBI has their infamous “Most Wanted List.” Remember AZ’s own Robert Fisher? His photos are still up w/age enhanced photos added beside them.

I have been waiting patiently, as have all of you, but I have still seen no concrete evidence nor been made aware of any evidence to date validating the existence of the mystery trio nor that the alleged car pursuit took place.

With yesterday’s news story, as well as today’s story, we have another major adjustment in the recounting of events … Now, rather than the Lexus/police communication identifying the Lexus and/or mystery trio at the motel, we’ve got “the friends” allegedly being the ones tracking the Lexus/trio to the motel and then to the Sheraton in these reports.

**smh**

The only thing consistent about “the friends” story is that the story, itself, is consistently altered, continuously transformed, & changed.

Though this is the case, many seem to turn a blind eye to it, “follow the sheep,” and just accept whatever is stated as fact.

While I do accept some do not agree with me or support my opinions, I still have a voice and a choice (as well as a right to share both). I will not be bullied into being censored to the point that I will no longer post to this website.

I do understand that the media can twist things as well as lose things in translation sometimes.

That said, there are so many inconsistencies, there are multiple components that do not fit/don’t make sense. My opinions are heavily weighted on my most recent communications with Ben and on my experience (including, but not limited to, my knowledge of privacy law & disclosure restrictions).

As an aside, when I last checked, there had been $10,555 raised by the Go Fund Me campaign. “The friends” have not yet raised the full $25,000. Yet, the 2 most recent news stories state they have raised the $25,000.

Am I missing something?

Why try to alter perceptions when what they have managed to raise is awesome (more than respectable)?

The combination of these factors cause me and others to look at “the friends” with increased scrutiny & suspicion.

This doesn’t mean we are “accusing” them of a crime, but it certainly is alarming that it seems with many of the reports coming out, as of late, there seems to be something “off,” or some new piece of withheld information comes to light. It certainly doesn’t make me feel good.

Also, recent homicide victims from early December - January 1st have victims’ photos/posters on the Silent Witness website with “up to $2,000” rewards for information. There are several homicide victims’ posters there, but I only included one screenshot example in my collection below as I have many/multiple screenshots in this post.

Something is amiss. This case is different. I don’t know why. I have no idea why LE is treating it so atypically. I do not know what is going on, but it is making me super uncomfortable, I cannot sleep, and I, like all of you, of course want/need answers.

HOWEVER, my Ben, would be say’n, “Honey, I’m already gone, get these guys off the streets so they can NEVER EVER - EEEVVEER HURT ANYONE like they hurt me ever again.” That would be his concern. That’s the kind of person he was. Even in death, Ben would be putting others first.

If these events that allegedly transpired did occur, as stated (and I still hope so), it is my hope that, ultimately, evidence to that effect will be produced. Until then, we wait.

**Tried to edit and add more supporting documentation in the form of screenshots from the various articles, but the system would not allow/stated not permitted to add any additional screenshots**

Amen !! Thank you!

IMO there is a major factor not known.

IMO I agree with something happened after leaving apt. BUT why did he leave apartment? Was it to start his day of errands and ran into carjacking, etc? Then, why leave wallet and credit cards if going to be gone all day? Did he run out to grab something quick then ran into trio? Why hang on to a car for 12 hours before ditching and burning?

MCSO and Phoenix PD are separate entities. The Sheriffs Office covers Maricopa County and unincorporated areas, Like New River, Anthem, Fountain Hills, etc. Ben lived in the City of Phoenix, car was located in City of Phoenix and burned in City of Phoenix. Body was found in New River. Quite a bit of coordination of info exchange between the two entities.
Your post just made me flash on something, it is odd that MCSO and Phoenix PD would have coordinated that quickly to connect the body in one area to a missing person/burning car in another. It makes me wonder if at some point Ben had his phone and tried to get help, which is why they found him so quickly and were able to connect the two cases. Since his phone is still missing, and wasn't found near his body, if he somehow tried to get help and the phone was thrown somewhere. I'm sure the police searched the surrounding area for any evidence carefully, if the phone were dumped with his body, it would have been found.

Yes. As far as I know, it is still missing (unless someone knows something I do not).
Something JJ posted made me wonder if maybe Ben had tried to phone the police for help. It would explain why two separate agencies were so quickly able to connect a body in one area, with a missing person in another over 30 miles away.

Something JJ posted made me wonder if maybe Ben had tried to phone the police for help. It would explain why two separate agencies were so quickly able to connect a body in one area, with a missing person in another over 30 miles away.
That had been something I had been thinking quite a bit about. I would like to believe he would have been trying (unless he was at gunpoint, knifepoint, or otherwise incapacitated), I cannot imagine him giving it anything other than his best/making a valiant effort on that front.

It's not unusual for law enforcement to withhold information on cases from the public in order to create logic traps for suspects or to surveil them. I agree that not circulating any information about the "trio" seems unusual and might lead me to speculate on a number of things. Perhaps those three were only car thieves but they're expected to lead police to the killers. They may already be in custody on charges that are not obviously related to this case but sufficient to hold them. That's also fairly common.

A lot of times cases that seem the quietest are actually the ones in which police are doing the most work because they already have everything they need that the public could possibly contribute.

I really don't understand why the video of the trio has not been released. The Sheraton had stated they had "very good video" and iirc, even with the trio unmasked. Plus they have a description of the very tall blond woman.

Here in LA on Jan 13 last week we had a horrific murder of a young woman working alone in a furniture store. She was stabbed by a random stranger who walked in. She was quickly discovered by a customer who came into the store 15 minutes after.

Police immediately scoured the CCTV in the area and saw him walking in a lane behind the store. He had left the store through the back door. The video was fuzzy and the man masked, tall, and wearing a dark hoodie. But the video was released regardless.

Yesterday they found a video with the man inside a 7/11 nearby. A "very good video" that showed his features, tinted glasses, hairstyle etc. Police identified the individual, and that he is homeless. The video was released yesterday afternoon, and a reward was offered for any info leading to his arrest.

This morning Wednesday less than 24 hours later, a citizen in a completely different part of the city called in to report a person matching the description.
Police arrived, and the killer was apprehended.
Suspect arrested in Brianna Kupfer's killing at Hancock Park furniture store

Goes to show that CCTV footage and publicity can definitely lead to an arrest, even quickly. There are many such cases.
Another I will not forget is the way that Chief Longo in Charlottesville handled the disappearance of student Hannah Graham. Massive publicity, immediately, releases of video from when she left her dorm to everywhere she went downtown, until she was seen getting into a vehicle. It was one of those videos of her wandering, that they determined she was being followed. He was identified. Though he himself disappeared, he was eventually apprehended on a beach in Texas.

I just don't get it. And by now these three individuals may have left town, or who knows what, three weeks later. Whether they are responsible for Ben's death, we do not know, but for heavens sakes they know something. They had Ben's Lexus.
Does the Phoenix public even know there was a murder? LE from what I gather has not said much. And people quickly forget.

**smh**

Am I missing something?

Have you spoken to LE about the Ben you knew. Your information may assist LE in having a better picture of Ben and his habits, etc. you may be able to provide a wealth of knowledge.

Your post just made me flash on something, it is odd that MCSO and Phoenix PD would have coordinated that quickly to connect the body in one area to a missing person/burning car in another. It makes me wonder if at some point Ben had his phone and tried to get help, which is why they found him so quickly and were able to connect the two cases. Since his phone is still missing, and wasn't found near his body, if he somehow tried to get help and the phone was thrown somewhere. I'm sure the police searched the surrounding area for any evidence carefully, if the phone were dumped with his body, it would have been found.
Not sure. At least in terms of releasing the ID. Ben was found at 1:45 PM Dec. 31st. Missing Person filed by PHX PD at 7:45PM Dec. 31st. Car found burned at roughly 2:00 AM Jan. 1 . Missing Person hits media on Jan.2. MCSO announces Ben ID Monday Jan. 3, with media starting to report at 8:30 pm or so IIRC.

As far as searching for phone, IMOO it is dumped in desert not directly at recovery site...near impossible to locate if thrown from car...hence my suggestion for the friends to do a search fanned out from Table Mesa Rd. Video link to area terrain.

Benjamin Area.mp4

I really don't understand why the video of the trio has not been released. The Sheraton had stated they had "very good video" and iirc, even with the trio unmasked. Plus they have a description of the very tall blond woman.

Here in LA on Jan 13 last week we had a horrific murder of a young woman working alone in a furniture store. She was stabbed by a random stranger who walked in. She was quickly discovered by a customer who came into the store 15 minutes after.

Police immediately scoured the CCTV in the area and saw him walking in a lane behind the store. He had left the store through the back door. The video was fuzzy and the man masked, tall, and wearing a dark hoodie. But the video was released regardless.

Yesterday they found a video with the man inside a 7/11 nearby. A "very good video" that showed his features, tinted glasses, hairstyle etc. Police identified the individual, and that he is homeless. The video was released yesterday afternoon, and a reward was offered for any info leading to his arrest.

This morning Wednesday less than 24 hours later, a citizen in a completely different part of the city called in to report a person matching the description.
Police arrived, and the killer was apprehended.
Suspect arrested in Brianna Kupfer's killing at Hancock Park furniture store

Goes to show that CCTV footage and publicity can definitely lead to an arrest, even quickly. There are many such cases.
Another I will not forget is the way that Chief Longo in Charlottesville handled the disappearance of student Hannah Graham. Massive publicity, immediately, releases of video from when she left her dorm to everywhere she went downtown, until she was seen getting into a vehicle. It was one of those videos of her wandering, that they determined she was being followed. He was identified. Though he himself disappeared, he was eventually apprehended on a beach in Texas.

I just don't get it. And by now these three individuals may have left town, or who knows what, three weeks later. Whether they are responsible for Ben's death, we do not know, but for heavens sakes they know something. They had Ben's Lexus.
Does the Phoenix public even know there was a murder? LE from what I gather has not said much. And people quickly forget.

Yes. I think the best bet is trying to get a hit on City of Phoenix Traffic cameras his car that morning and try to get a clear view into Driver and passenger seat....follow those images up i-17 but then the problem becomes north of New River where there is only 1 ranch for every 5 square miles ...it is BLM land).

Phx PD is aware there was a murder involved MCSO had to coordinate to get the initial reports from Dec. 31 night but that does involve extra coordination, and re-interviewing witnesses etc.

Just as a reminder, the "success" stories are highly publicized. the stories of unusable video, no coverage, number in the thousands and of course can't be discounted when analyzing this specific situation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back