Australia - JS, 32 y.o. man, charged w/ murder of 9 y.o. girl , Mt Wilson, 13 January 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi Marg - have you watched the specific discussion?

Around 12:13 - it really doesn't seem like a matter of having bugged him prior to the reporting of her disappearance. If they had, surely they would have 'pounced' much sooner than an entire week after she was potentially killed.

If you watched the press, it is very clear that they moved to look into him as a suspect after his version of events did not corroborate what they were able to track by "electronic means", which includes:

* Logs of phonecalls between JS and KM
* GPS data of movement to various locations and shops
* CCTV at shops/petrol stations purchasing certain items, and shop records of what was purchased

I don't think it is helpful to suggest that the police were across this a full day before she was reported missing. I would urge you to watch the specific discussion which does not suggest at all that KM and JS discussed the sandbags - it is clear that they are aware only that there were discussions.
Hi there! Thank you for your input. I would say that Homicide attending this case the very next day after CM was reported missing is a very clear indication that they were onto JS immediately, or as you say "pounced". Who knows what was discussed on the telephone calls that the LE would have heard... just because someone mentions they are buying sand wouldn't necessarily ring alarm bells. So, the Homicide Squad obviously had to put more pieces together, and then it only took them one day to become involved. Great work by our NSW Police!

i notice in the police presser and various news articles police are referencing "other cases"where they have learnt its best to conduct a side by side investigation, where its treated as a missing persons case but also as possibly suspicious, so they no longer lose vital information in those first few days, and luckily they did,
im thinking they have learnt a lot from william tyrrells case

i belie
I personally think that it is possible that:

*Grandmother last spoke to CM on Monday or Tuesday and she may have requested to talk to her from then on and been given excuses. That might be how they are getting idea of possible time the incident occurred?
*Then from then on they were able to track where he had been by looking retrospectively at the GPS signal and CCTV of his car and boat, saw he had been to Bunnings and petrol station, saw he went to Hawksbury River (which I believe they searched within a day of CM reported missing)
*They would have checked the CCTV at Bunnings and petrol station and seen him making the purchases there, they likely could have even checked what he had purchased through the register logs. Seeing that he bought so much sand would have been suss.
*Perhaps he was seen on phone whilst in Bunnings and the call logs might show that he was on phone to KM at that point? Likely their stories had been that they were both at the house on those days, with CM, so the location of him on CCTV elsewhere, and calls between them when their story was that they were together was further suss.
*The final Colo destination would have been evident via GPS/CCTV, thus how they found the barrel

Questions:
*Do we know for sure who alerted LE? I saw last night somewhere that "a family member phoned Triple O" I wondered if it was actually Grandma.
*If a person is regularly using ice, is it possible that they haven't been able to be interviewed/questioned/approached due to them having withdrawals and thus being dangerous/violent? Have I seen too many movies
*I hope that KM doesn't have access to internet to be working out their story. Someone here said that saw her Facebook status had changed.
*If both KM and JS were involved I think that they would not have said they couldn't remember what she was wearing. I don't know what to think about it. I guess a possibility is that they said what they thought she was wearing but Grandma said she didn't have anything like that packed.

i believe from following the releases over the last week that KM left Elise with JS on the Tuesday night at around 7 pm and possibly returned the next day at 10 am Wednesday hence the report that the Tuesday at 7 pm time was the last time KM saw her.

According to reports also it was KM who phoned 000 on the Friday

when the police interview of JS was concluded it was reported he gave conflicting statements and after they then seized the vehicle and the boat and proceeded to investigate his claims by the means already discussed and announced by the Commissioner .

The reports have already stated JS left the property on Thursday and went through those reported motions to try to hide the crime .

we are only yet to know the how and why and who was involved .

IMO it is pretty straight forward and the rest so far remains to be solved .

i belie

i believe from following the releases over the last week that KM left Elise with JS on the Tuesday night at around 7 pm and possibly returned the next day at 10 am Wednesday hence the report that the Tuesday at 7 pm time was the last time KM saw her.

when the police interview of JS was concluded it was reported he gave conflicting statements and after they then seized the vehicle and the boat and proceeded to investigate his claims by the means already discussed and announced by the Commissioner .

The reports have already stated JS left the property on Thursday and went through those reported motions to try to hide the crime .

So, do you have any idea why the mother would wait until Friday to report her missing?

i belie

So when KM returns on Wed morning, and her child is not there ---then what? Why wasn't the call to 000 made at that time? That is a crucial period of time, from Wed morning until Friday morning. Where did mum think her child was during that time period?

i notice in the police presser and various news articles police are referencing "other cases"where they have learnt its best to conduct a side by side investigation, where its treated as a missing persons case but also as possibly suspicious, so they no longer lose vital information in those first few days, and luckily they did,
im thinking they have learnt a lot from william tyrrells case

I concur bear they are not going to make that mistake again and yes should definitely be standard procedure and most likely it is , as was done in the case of the little boy lost (and found ) more recently .

If a person has been convicted of trafficking a commercial quantity of drugs previously it is possible that they could be under surveillance and have their phone tapped if they were suspected of being up to no good again. I wondered about this as well. The Police were very quick to pounce on him.
Now MSM media is reporting that they know what the phone conversations were about....
How the CM tragedy unfolded

Last edited by a moderator:
So when KM returns on Wed morning, and her child is not there ---then what? Why wasn't the call to 000 made at that time? That is a crucial period of time, from Wed morning until Friday morning. Where did mum think her child was during that time period?

i cant help you there Katy because that IMO still remains to be known .

Although suffice to say that when LE do get another chance to talk with KM
they may get the full details

That NewsCorp timeline seems different. Yesterday they were reporting the accused drove around Sydney for 5 hours while the body was under a tarpaulin in the boat in the Blue Mountains. Today they are saying he drove around Sydney for 5 hours with the body in the boot looking for a place to dump the body at inner-Sydney boat ramps?

Last edited by a moderator:
That NewsCorp timeline seems different. Yesterday they were reporting the accused drove around Sydney for 5 hours while the body was under a tarpaulin in the boat in the Blue Mountains. Today they are saying he drove around Sydney for 5 hours with the body in the boot looking for a place to dump the body at inner-Sydney boat ramps?

Welcome to the world of MSM misreporting - happens all the time, you have to judge for yourself which one you believe. :rolleyes:

Welcome to the world of MSM misreporting - happens all the time, you have to judge for yourself which one you believe. :rolleyes:
Exactly right! I can't see how the accused would be driving in Sydney with the barrel looking for somewhere to dump it, only to then take it to Colo River where it is reported that the barrel was found. I suppose it's possible... but unlikely. He had a ute (was there a canopy? a canopy would give more privacy), that would mean he would need to get barrel+sand+body into ute, drive to Sydney, drive for 5 hours around, give up, drive to Colo River, only to give up on his way there as it was too heavy. All MOO.

Exactly right! I can't see how the accused would be driving in Sydney with the barrel looking for somewhere to dump it, only to then take it to Colo River where it is reported that the barrel was found. I suppose it's possible... but unlikely. He had a ute (was there a canopy? a canopy would give more privacy), that would mean he would need to get barrel+sand+body into ute, drive to Sydney, drive for 5 hours around, give up, drive to Colo River, only to give up on his way there as it was too heavy. All MOO.
I think that her body and the barrel was in the boat which was covered by a tarp.

Hi there! Thank you for your input. I would say that Homicide attending this case the very next day after CM was reported missing is a very clear indication that they were onto JS immediately, or as you say "pounced". Who knows what was discussed on the telephone calls that the LE would have heard... just because someone mentions they are buying sand wouldn't necessarily ring alarm bells. So, the Homicide Squad obviously had to put more pieces together, and then it only took them one day to become involved. Great work by our NSW Police!

They did not hear any phonecalls. As the police stated, JS gave 2 x different reports of events of the previous days. Neither of these reports aligned with his actions according to GPS data they would have been able to quickly access. The very fact that no one could say when she was last seen would have been alarm bells enough to bring in a homicide team let alone misleading information from possible suspects.

LE didn't hear the phonecalls they refer to in their press conference. Perhaps there was surveillance on him after CM was reported missing, however it certainly wasn't taking place prior.

IMO.

there are lots of reports of him driving around sydney for 5 hrs with the body in the back of the boat he was towing, covered by a tarpaulin, but not sure if the body was already in the drum and sand at that stage or not, maybe he was hoping to just drop her deep out at sea but because the boat wouldnt start, he went to plan b and stopped at bunnings and picked up the drum on his way back to colo river?
its reported the tarpaulin was found in the boat when police confiscated it

Mod Reminder:

To ensure that factual information is discussed on WS, links to MSM reports or LE statements are required for statements made as fact. The exception to this rule is when we have a Verified Insider that is a family member or friend to the victim or missing person.

The Verified Insider process is completely confidential and details can be found here: Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

To adhere to the standards WS has in place and best support families any posts stated as fact when someone is not a VI will be removed. Upon completion of the VI process, these posts may be reinstated.

Thanks for your understanding and feel free to use the report feature on this post or PM a Mod/Admin if you have any questions on the VI process.

Thanks for helping keep Websleuths amazing!

- Mad

i belie

They are now saying that JS reported her missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member