Found Deceased AZ - Benjamin Anderson, 41, Car found burned, Phoenix, 31 Dec 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not sure. At least in terms of releasing the ID. Ben was found at 1:45 PM Dec. 31st. Missing Person filed by PHX PD at 7:45PM Dec. 31st. Car found burned at roughly 2:00 AM Jan. 1 . Missing Person hits media on Jan.2. MCSO announces Ben ID Monday Jan. 3, with media starting to report at 8:30 pm or so IIRC.

As far as searching for phone, IMOO it is dumped in desert not directly at recovery site...near impossible to locate if thrown from car...hence my suggestion for the friends to do a search fanned out from Table Mesa Rd. Video link to area terrain.

Benjamin Area.mp4

@JJRay:

Thanks again for putting so much of your personal time & energy into this case.

We do not always agree (who does?) ;-) , but having your boots on the ground has been extraordinarily helpful.

With my young family, it is difficult for me to get out there in the field to even attempt to do the types of leg work and research tasks you are so expertly able to perform.

I would imagine the out-of-state folks also find it super beneficial to see your videos, maps, etc.

We are grateful for you, and we appreciate all you have done (& continue to do) to aid in moving Ben’s case forward. Additionally, I notice you contributing toward the impactful development of other cases. We speak on behalf of those who cannot speak for themselves (as well). THANK YOU, JJRay. ♥️

Last edited:
Oh boy. We are back to dismantling Dan.
Well, we know there were “friends” so we now know his husband was there. Ok makes sense that he spends time with his husband, right? So we have four confirmed in the car now. His friend aimee spoke to fox 10 previously.
We know there are camera footage at the Sheraton, it’s already been mentioned that security at the hotel said they have shots and others spoke to the front desk.
As we know with so many cases in MSM, every single sliver of fact is not aired in a 30 second clip. I’ve been on camera, and a 30 min interview has to be drilled down to 30 seconds to a minute of audio and video of the best parts. An open window now being aired could mean anything and it could also mean it was previously cut. What’s the insinuation in all of this? Dan goes on media and lies, changes his story, lies again, for what? The skepticism does not add up whatsoever.
@Another friend of Ben has been in contact with him and his family. Per the news, Dan has been in contact with his family, colleagues, and friends.
If Dan and his friends were involved, this would be an open and shut case. I saw “involved” because there’s no other implication that can be made by the constant ripping apart of every facet.

again, having seen much of this in other cases , the cops don’t just throw photos out there and ask for help especially if they might know who they are, because why would they? It’s possible they already know and are working on closing loops. There are a lot of cases that don’t go to wanted posters.

Well, we know there were “friends” so we now know his husband was there. Ok makes sense that he spends time with his husband, right? So we have four confirmed in the car now. His friend aimee spoke to fox 10 previously.
We know there are camera footage at the Sheraton, it’s already been mentioned that security at the hotel said they have shots and others spoke to the front desk.
As we know with so many cases in MSM, every single sliver of fact is not aired in a 30 second clip. I’ve been on camera, and a 30 min interview has to be drilled down to 30 seconds to a minute of audio and video of the best parts. An open window now being aired could mean anything and it could also mean it was previously cut. What’s the insinuation in all of this? Dan goes on media and lies, changes his story, lies again, for what? The skepticism does not add up whatsoever.
@Another friend of Ben has been in contact with him and his family. Per the news, Dan has been in contact with his family, colleagues, and friends.
If Dan and his friends were involved, this would be an open and shut case. I saw “involved” because there’s no other implication that can be made by the constant ripping apart of every facet.

again, having seen much of this in other cases , the cops don’t just throw photos out there and ask for help especially if they might know who they are, because why would they? It’s possible they already know and are working on closing loops. There are a lot of cases that don’t go to wanted posters.
Adding to this, I just reread what @Another friend of Ben said as they spoke to Dan, in that the media took some editorial liberty or something like that.

It's not unusual for law enforcement to withhold information on cases from the public in order to create logic traps for suspects or to surveil them. I agree that not circulating any information about the "trio" seems unusual and might lead me to speculate on a number of things. Perhaps those three were only car thieves but they're expected to lead police to the killers. They may already be in custody on charges that are not obviously related to this case but sufficient to hold them. That's also fairly common.

A lot of times cases that seem the quietest are actually the ones in which police are doing the most work because they already have everything they need that the public could possibly contribute.
This is my experience as well. The post info to ask for the publics help, no other reason. So I can assume it’s not posted because they don’t need the help or they don’t have photos. But with camera footage, they have something to refer to.

“Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.”

I mentioned before that I had found it odd Ben hadn’t mentioned anything to me about having been up in northern Arizona visiting friends/driving home the 30th of December because he hadn’t mentioned anything about it to me during our text message exchange that night. Previously, this had been the reason, per Dan, Ben had given for cancellation of the 12/31/21 morning brunch as he was too tired from the driving associated with those activities.

Now, in this latest story it states that in the 8am phone call, Ben made to Dan calling off said brunch it was because he was tired from a long day of work the day before!? WHAT?!

There is no mention of having been up in northern Arizona visiting friends and/or the long drive at all.

I also find it odd Chris is never mentioned anywhere, in any MSM report to this point, and now, here he is, front & center in this, the latest, MSM news story (he is both featured on camera, and he mentioned in the written article).

I was interested to learn, in this article, Chris was supposedly the driver of “the friends’” vehicle. It had not previously been divulged in MSM that he had even been present during the 12/31/21 events that transpired.

I’m listening to this story, and I am literally voicing aloud to myself, “WWWHHAAT!?!?” as we learn the bathroom window in Ben’s residence was open (a minor detail possibly of extreme importance omitted from all previous reports).

In the case of the “Sheraton footage,” though many have been quick to jump to criticism & attempt to put the kibosh on my expressed opinions/my theories, could there be a chance it is because there exists none, or the quality is so poor it may not be beneficial/useful?

One would think LE would be putting that out (by now) so the public would be able to assist in identifying the suspect(s) if they had not already done so with some level of confidence - especially in such a high profile case.

If LE felt they had good id/intell on the suspect(s) (from all the camera footage @BradSleuth1 reminds us is potentially available + possibly any DNA they may have been able to collect at the scene(s) of the crime) they would have likely brought him/her/them in for an initial interrogation and/or made an arrest by now, I would expect.

I don’t buy into the argument that LE doesn’t want to release the suspect(s) sketches/faces/video for public to view for fear that would cause their potential flight.

LE can even utilize collected DNA technology to build a sketch of the suspect (see screenshot to view Mesa Police example).

Remember our “serial shooter” who was firing at unsuspecting drivers along the I-10 a few years ago? The sketch of that suspect is still burned into my memory as though it was yesterday.

There have been many instances when sketches, images, and wanted posters have aided in bringing violent offenders to justice.

Of course the FBI has their infamous “Most Wanted List.” Remember AZ’s own Robert Fisher? His photos are still up w/age enhanced photos added beside them.

I have been waiting patiently, as have all of you, but I have still seen no concrete evidence nor been made aware of any evidence to date validating the existence of the mystery trio nor that the alleged car pursuit took place.

With yesterday’s news story, as well as today’s story, we have another major adjustment in the recounting of events … Now, rather than the Lexus/police communication identifying the Lexus and/or mystery trio at the motel, we’ve got “the friends” allegedly being the ones tracking the Lexus/trio to the motel and then to the Sheraton in these reports.

**smh**

The only thing consistent about “the friends” story is that the story, itself, is consistently altered, continuously transformed, & changed.

Though this is the case, many seem to turn a blind eye to it, “follow the sheep,” and just accept whatever is stated as fact.

While I do accept some do not agree with me or support my opinions, I still have a voice and a choice (as well as a right to share both). I will not be bullied into being censored to the point that I will no longer post to this website.

I do understand that the media can twist things as well as lose things in translation sometimes.

That said, there are so many inconsistencies, there are multiple components that do not fit/don’t make sense. My opinions are heavily weighted on my most recent communications with Ben and on my experience (including, but not limited to, my knowledge of privacy law & disclosure restrictions).

As an aside, when I last checked, there had been $10,555 raised by the Go Fund Me campaign. “The friends” have not yet raised the full $25,000. Yet, the 2 most recent news stories state they have raised the $25,000.

Am I missing something?

Why try to alter perceptions when what they have managed to raise is awesome (more than respectable)?

The combination of these factors cause me and others to look at “the friends” with increased scrutiny & suspicion.

This doesn’t mean we are “accusing” them of a crime, but it certainly is alarming that it seems with many of the reports coming out, as of late, there seems to be something “off,” or some new piece of withheld information comes to light. It certainly doesn’t make me feel good.

Also, recent homicide victims from early December - January 1st have victims’ photos/posters on the Silent Witness website with “up to $2,000” rewards for information. There are several homicide victims’ posters there, but I only included one screenshot example in my collection below as I have many/multiple screenshots in this post.

Ben’s case/photo/poster is missing. WHY?!?

Something is amiss. This case is different. I don’t know why. I have no idea why LE is treating it so atypically. I do not know what is going on, but it is making me super uncomfortable, I cannot sleep, and I, like all of you, of course want/need answers.

Most everyone has the mindset, “Justice for Ben.” Well, yes.

HOWEVER, my Ben, would be say’n, “Honey, I’m already gone, get these guys off the streets so they can NEVER EVER - EEEVVEER HURT ANYONE like they hurt me ever again.” That would be his concern. That’s the kind of person he was. Even in death, Ben would be putting others first.

If these events that allegedly transpired did occur, as stated (and I still hope so), it is my hope that, ultimately, evidence to that effect will be produced. Until then, we wait.

**Tried to edit and add more supporting documentation in the form of screenshots from the various articles, but the system would not allow/stated not permitted to add any additional screenshots**
I can’t agree with this more!!!!!! ♥️

What I find interesting or confusing about these new updates is that the article has been shared by the social media page that his family/friends made. The comments from the article on MSM question the author and facts (as do I). Do you assume that this means that the admin of the page agrees with what the article from MSM says?? It even has the wrong day his body was found!!! I would find this unacceptable, especially that part, since we know that the day and time he was found is a FACT!
(((I don’t know if this is allowed to be said so I’m not going to say specific site, if it is allowed then it can be edited to site. All quotes below are found in the MSM links listed)))
REWARD-

abc-Benjamin's friends and family have raised$25,000 for anyone who has information leading to an arrest.

<modsnip: Fundraising discussion is not allowed>

FRIENDSHIP

abc-DS and his friend of 20 years,

AZ-DS said he and Benjamin have been friends for 24 years.

BRUNCH CANCELED

abc-On New Year’s Eve, DS said they all had plans with Ben to all go to brunch in Scottsdale that morning.

abc-Ben called around 8 a.m. to cancel, saying he was tired from a long day of work the day before.

AZ-In an interview just a few hours prior, DS said Anderson had called to cancel brunch plans at around 8 a.m. the morning of Dec. 31, but he didn’t think much of it at the time.

Anderson told DS that he was tired after driving back home to Phoenix from northern Arizona, where he’d been visiting friends. It seemed like a perfectly normal reason to DS.

P-Anderson had planned to have brunch with his friend, DS. He canceled the plans at the last minute, saying that he was fatigued. "Ben called me at 8 a.m. and told me that he was feeling tired, and that he wasn't able to make brunch," Stahoviak told the station. "He had been driving a lot the night before and he was tired. So, I just said 'OK, we'll talk later' and he said he would call me later in the day. That was the last I heard from him."

Local12-Anderson was supposed to meet his friend DS, but he canceled right before they planned on meeting, according to AZcentral.com.

DB-In an interview just a few hours prior, Stahoviak said Anderson had called to cancel brunch plans at around 8 a.m. the morning of Dec. 31, but he didn’t think much of it at the time.

Anderson told DS that he was tired after driving back home to Phoenix from northern Arizona, where he’d been visiting friends. It seemed like a perfectly normal reason to DS.

REASON TO LOOK-

abc-DS, however, said that he and his friends started looking for Benjamin when he didn't show up to his parent's house to watch their dog on New Year's Eve.

abc-"He loved that dog, and he was supposed to be there New Year's Eve, and when he didn't show up, that's when we absolutely knew," DS explained.

BENS CONDO

abc-DS said it was unusual to see his bathroom window open.

DB-“His work laptop was still on his desk, the screensaver was on, nothing was awry,” said DS,

abc-DS and his husband grew worried and filed a missing person’s report. The two went through what they describe as a very frustrating process of getting the manufacturer of the car Ben was driving to help track it to a hotel on I-17.

When Ben’s car wasn’t there, the pair drove to other hotels along the highway until they found Ben’s white 2020 Lexus UX at the top floor of the parking garage at the Sheraton off I-17 and Dunlap Avenue.

While CH-S was behind the wheel, DS said three unknown people were inside Ben's car.

DB-DS said he and a carload of Anderson’s friends “decided to just go hotel to hotel, and in the parking garage at the Sheraton Crescent, there’s the car—with three people in it.”

THE CHASE

abc-They said they followed Ben’s car over curbs, into gravel fields, and eventually stopped when the car started driving the wrong way down an access road, no longer feeling safe.

DB-The car, which was parked on the fourth level, took off, and DS gave chase. But when the car began driving the wrong way down one of the streets, things felt like they were getting too dangerous. So DS backed off, and the car drove off into the night.

AZ-Before they could confront the trio, friends say they took off, and they tried to follow them before ultimately losing sight of them.

abc-As the couple is calling 911 from their car, they notice a video on the Citizen App of a burning car in the UEI college parking lot next to the Sheraton where they started the chase

FOX-While Aimee was among the group of friends that eventually received the location of Anderson's Lexus, it was too late. Anderson's body would eventually be found 30 miles north of where the burnt car was found.

DB-“We’d been on the Citizen app, but completely missed that somebody had uploaded a video of the car burning at 1:58 in the morning,” said DS. “The Fire Department put it out and then they left. The doors were melted, it looked like an accelerant was used.”

abc-As the sun came up the next day, the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office found a body in New River.

A couple of days later, that body was identified as Ben Anderson.

”I lost it... that’s when I lost it,” said DS.

NBC 12 TIMELINE- Event timeline of missing Benjamin Anderson | 12news.com

Daily Beast-Missing Phoenix Man Found Dead After Car Was Spotted With Mystery Trio and Then Torched

Most recent abc article that has “different facts”abc15-Friends, family hope for clarity amid Valley man's death

Friends of man found killed in New River plead for answers

Ariz. Man Canceled Friday Brunch with Friend Before Vanishing, and Car Was Just Found Burned

Missing man's body found – his car was discovered burned in north Phoenix on New Year's Day

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything you said is absolutely what I am thinking @BenjaminJAndersonAlly you are not alone with your thoughts! Thank you for speaking out in honour of your friend Ben, you have every right to question these inconsistencies as IMO the circumstances have been questionable since day 1. The story seems so bizarre that it’s bound to be questioned, I’m sure LE will be looking deeply into it aswell to verify every part of the friends story. As I always say ‘the truth doesn’t change’, you can tell a story 1000 times over and if it is true it will more or less stay the same. Details suddenly emerging or changing is suspicious IMO. The good news is that LE do not just take a story as truth without investigating and looking for evidence to back it up. If we are seeing these inconsistencies then I can only imagine what the police are thinking MOO. Perfectly worded post, thank you for being here and sharing with us.

What I find interesting or confusing about these new updates is that the article has been shared by the social media page that his family/friends made. The comments from the article on MSM question the author and facts (as do I). Do you assume that this means that the admin of the page agrees with what the article from MSM says?? It even has the wrong day his body was found!!! I would find this unacceptable, especially that part, since we know that the day and time he was found is a FACT!
(((I don’t know if this is allowed to be said so I’m not going to say specific site, if it is allowed then it can be edited to site. All quotes below are found in the MSM links listed)))
REWARD-

abc-Benjamin's friends and family have raised$25,000 for anyone who has information leading to an arrest.

<modsnip: Fundraising discussion is not allowed>

FRIENDSHIP

abc-DS and his friend of 20 years,

AZ-DS said he and Benjamin have been friends for 24 years.

BRUNCH CANCELED

abc-On New Year’s Eve, DS said they all had plans with Ben to all go to brunch in Scottsdale that morning.

abc-Ben called around 8 a.m. to cancel, saying he was tired from a long day of work the day before.

AZ-In an interview just a few hours prior, DS said Anderson had called to cancel brunch plans at around 8 a.m. the morning of Dec. 31, but he didn’t think much of it at the time.

P-Anderson had planned to have brunch with his friend, DS. He canceled the plans at the last minute, saying that he was fatigued. "Ben called me at 8 a.m. and told me that he was feeling tired, and that he wasn't able to make brunch," Stahoviak told the station. "He had been driving a lot the night before and he was tired. So, I just said 'OK, we'll talk later' and he said he would call me later in the day. That was the last I heard from him."

Local12-Anderson was supposed to meet his friend DS, but he canceled right before they planned on meeting, according to AZcentral.com.

DB-In an interview just a few hours prior, Stahoviak said Anderson had called to cancel brunch plans at around 8 a.m. the morning of Dec. 31, but he didn’t think much of it at the time.

REASON TO LOOK-

abc-DS, however, said that he and his friends started looking for Benjamin when he didn't show up to his parent's house to watch their dog on New Year's Eve.

abc-"He loved that dog, and he was supposed to be there New Year's Eve, and when he didn't show up, that's when we absolutely knew," DS explained.

BENS CONDO

abc-DS said it was unusual to see his bathroom window open.

DB-“His work laptop was still on his desk, the screensaver was on, nothing was awry,” said DS,

abc-DS and his husband grew worried and filed a missing person’s report. The two went through what they describe as a very frustrating process of getting the manufacturer of the car Ben was driving to help track it to a hotel on I-17.

When Ben’s car wasn’t there, the pair drove to other hotels along the highway until they found Ben’s white 2020 Lexus UX at the top floor of the parking garage at the Sheraton off I-17 and Dunlap Avenue.

While CH-S was behind the wheel, DS said three unknown people were inside Ben's car.

DB-DS said he and a carload of Anderson’s friends “decided to just go hotel to hotel, and in the parking garage at the Sheraton Crescent, there’s the car—with three people in it.”

THE CHASE

abc-They said they followed Ben’s car over curbs, into gravel fields, and eventually stopped when the car started driving the wrong way down an access road, no longer feeling safe.

DB-The car, which was parked on the fourth level, took off, and DS gave chase. But when the car began driving the wrong way down one of the streets, things felt like they were getting too dangerous. So DS backed off, and the car drove off into the night.

AZ-Before they could confront the trio, friends say they took off, and they tried to follow them before ultimately losing sight of them.

abc-As the couple is calling 911 from their car, they notice a video on the Citizen App of a burning car in the UEI college parking lot next to the Sheraton where they started the chase

FOX-While Aimee was among the group of friends that eventually received the location of Anderson's Lexus, it was too late. Anderson's body would eventually be found 30 miles north of where the burnt car was found.

DB-“We’d been on the Citizen app, but completely missed that somebody had uploaded a video of the car burning at 1:58 in the morning,” said DS. “The Fire Department put it out and then they left. The doors were melted, it looked like an accelerant was used.”

abc-As the sun came up the next day, the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office found a body in New River.

A couple of days later, that body was identified as Ben Anderson.

”I lost it... that’s when I lost it,” said DS.

NBC 12 TIMELINE- Event timeline of missing Benjamin Anderson | 12news.com

Daily Beast-Missing Phoenix Man Found Dead After Car Was Spotted With Mystery Trio and Then Torched

Most recent abc article that has “different facts”abc15-Friends, family hope for clarity amid Valley man's death

Friends of man found killed in New River plead for answers

Ariz. Man Canceled Friday Brunch with Friend Before Vanishing, and Car Was Just Found Burned

Missing man's body found – his car was discovered burned in north Phoenix on New Year's Day
I follow that page as well. They’ve posted every single article but most come with the line about looking for information. See attached.

<modsnip: Sleuthing the social media of someone not named a POI is not allowed. Please review WS social media rules>

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything you said is absolutely what I am thinking @BenjaminJAndersonAlly you are not alone with your thoughts! Thank you for speaking out in honour of your friend Ben, you have every right to question these inconsistencies as IMO the circumstances have been questionable since day 1. The story seems so bizarre that it’s bound to be questioned, I’m sure LE will be looking deeply into it aswell to verify every part of the friends story. As I always say ‘the truth doesn’t change’, you can tell a story 1000 times over and if it is true it will more or less stay the same. Details suddenly emerging or changing is suspicious IMO. The good news is that LE do not just take a story as truth without investigating and looking for evidence to back it up. If we are seeing these inconsistencies then I can only imagine what the police are thinking MOO. Perfectly worded post, thank you for being here and sharing with us.

Fortunately for Dan, and anyone else who enjoys having their due process right, the police aren’t basing their investigation on inconsistent reporting from a plethora of media sources.

Thank you so much for your validation, support, and your thoughtful comments. ♥️ Grateful for u.

I am still confused as to how “the friends” were able to determine the approximate height of the female suspect (allegedly 5’11” ) if multiple accounts state that the members of the mystery trio were all inside the car when “the friends” located the Lexus.

Attachments

• 82C0A256-EA9B-482E-855B-DE1960A02789.jpeg
    82C0A256-EA9B-482E-855B-DE1960A02789.jpeg
    156 KB · Views: 23
  • EE5B5BAE-3832-4088-BB4D-6D71E7369F8C.jpeg
    EE5B5BAE-3832-4088-BB4D-6D71E7369F8C.jpeg
    140.6 KB · Views: 21
Fortunately for Dan, and anyone else who enjoys having their due process right, the police aren’t basing their investigation on inconsistent reporting from a plethora of media sources.
I was thinking this too. They likely have interviewed his friends already. They encountered police multiple times and called 911 multiple times. So they will at least refer to PD reports, 911 recordings, and body cams plus phone records and other surveillance footage. Certainly not a 30 second clip on Fox 10.

Thank you so much for your validation, support, and your thoughtful comments. ♥️ Grateful for u.

I am still confused as to how “the friends” were able to determine the approximate height of the female suspect (allegedly 5’11” ) if multiple accounts state that the members of the mystery trio were all inside the car when “the friends” located the Lexus.

Based on what’s out there, they were not all inside the car. More than one media source reported that 2 of the parties were standing outside of the vehicle and entered it once spotted. All that said, we are basing everything here on media reports that have time and again proven to be less than trustworthy.

I was thinking this too. They likely have interviewed his friends already. They encountered police multiple times and called 911 multiple times. So they will at least refer to PD reports, 911 recordings, and body cams plus phone records and other surveillance footage. Certainly not a 30 second clip on Fox 10.

I can only imagine at the first major briefing, the lead detective asks everyone to drop what they were previously doing and start playing “find 10 differences in these two pictures” with local news stories. Lol

I know they don’t, but LE always start from the inside out when investigating. Those closest to the victim are always first on the list of people to clear before moving further out. One of the first things to ask is ‘who reported this person missing?’ And once they can clear that person they will move out to Ben’s many friends, any ex partners, his neighbours, and acquaintances. The fact that the large majority of homicides are committed by someone close to the victim cannot be ignored here. I am not accusing anyone by the way, just discussing how unusual the circumstances are in this case. The possibility of a stranger being involved will most likely be investigated only after everyone known to Ben can be eliminated. MOO

Images of the possible suspects not being released is something we can speculate about, usually you get an image with a message from LE stating they are looking for this person(s) as they may have information relating to a case, usually they say that this person is not a suspect but may have witnessed something important in order to encourage them to come forward. Of course every case is different and I am just going off what I’ve seen in other cases, there may be a reason that LE aren’t releasing much, but all we can do is wonder right now. MOO

When I follow a case, I’m a stickler for gathering and remembering details. I didn’t recall any mention of the window, so I searched prior articles and came up empty. I must have missed it. Can you please post it if you happen to find it? Thanks so much!
@Kpossible44 Mea Culpa! Can't find....media overload....probably read Tuesday but short term memory put in longer term slot so when I saw comment Wednesday...ppppssfftttt!o_O

There is no value in spending so much energy questioning the motives and pressures and goals of reporters of these types of stories...Yes, lets all just trust LE is competent and not a bunch of nattering naboobs....

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amosbuggin
Back