GUILTY WI - Bart, 50, and Krista Halderson, 53, found deceased, Windsor, 1 Jul 2021 *son arrested*

So that was pretty interesting watching the animated cell phone tower pings. It's something I know exists but never really put a visual to it in my head. It's one of those things that just "is".

As far as him testifying? I couldn't honestly say that idk that he does realize the gig is up. I'll give him credit that he damn sure put some work in with inventing imaginary people, created imaginary emails for them, the burner phones? But truthfully? He could be so dissociated from reality that he feels like they are talking about "that chandler guy, not me, I can clear this all up".

I don't think CH will take the stand. I don't even think he could come up with anything to refute the prosecution's case. I look at his eyes and think of what he saw. I look at his hands and think of what they did. His attorneys have nothing to work with. It's all a big shame. No winners.

I don't think CH will take the stand. I don't even think he could come up with anything to refute the prosecution's case. I look at his eyes and think of what he saw. I look at his hands and think of what they did. His attorneys have nothing to work with. It's all a big shame. No winners.

I go to that same place. It's there in his head and it was his hands that murdered and dismembered them. But at the same time the mind has a way of shutting down (or closing) memories that are beyond horrendous.

Which doesn't change the fact that his eyes saw it and his hands did it.

Analysts say cell tower records place the phone belonging to Chandler Halderson near where both of his parents’ remains were later found, linking him to both crime scenes.

Why take the phone with?? I mean these gadgets track everything.

In the case of Barry Morphew, even in airplane mode, it tracked all his steps and at which speed.

Stupid is as stupid does.

Chandler later sent another message to his mother saying he had an extra hour of work and asking/telling her to stop to get soda. Wow gutsy...

At 11:04 a.m., a message was sent from Krista’s phone back to Chandler’s phone, saying they made it safely to the cabin and were planning on going to a parade in White Lake that day. Krista’s phone was then turned off at about 11:09 a.m.

Cell tower data showed those messages to and from Krista’s phone came from the same area as Chandler’s phone at that time — the Halderson home in Windsor. Bam! Busted...again and again busted!

Halderson father's call exposed school deceit before killings | News | wkow.com

So the prosecution plans to rest this morning and the defense isn't going to call any witnesses and Chandler will not testify according to the guy on Channel3000.

Any bets on how long the jury takes to come up with a guilty verdict?

I think with the gravity of these crimes a guilty plea wasn't likely to mitigate. It's not really the type of actions where one would feel genuine remorse either. I think he's just going with what he's entitled to, a trial of the evidence. I don't think there's anything his lawyers could have presented and I think he may not even have talked to them.

JMO

Are his defense attorneys going to “no thank you!” when asked if they’re giving a closing?

It’s not a strong argument, but they do have a few things they can argue with some of what the State is saying now (like how they briefly touched upon on the cellphone data does not = knowing where a person actually was, it is only the device). There isn’t much they can argue but there are some small things, but judging by the little they’ve done so far I can’t imagine their closing is going to be that long or detailed.

The Defense is really trying to stress (as they should be) the pieces that the State did not prove beyond a reasonable doubt. Some of those pieces so far -
The evidence doesn't show that his parents knew about this SpaceX job, and this isn't one of the lies that "matters" with regards to the charges. She is also focusing on how Chandler does lie, he has lied, many many times....but that lying itself is not the crime here, except for how it relates to two of the charges. She is trying to separate the concept of someone who lies so much from someone who commits murders.

They are also mentioning the possibility that his parents knew of his lies, that they didn't really believe the crazy stories for months, but they just kept going with it until one day when they were finally going to confront him. That they were going to still try to set him on the right path, and to support him. Defense is trying to explain how the State makes his parents finding out his lies as the motives for these crimes but that they did not present any evidence of what his parents were going to do with his lies. The State did not show anything saying his parents were going to kick him out, that they were going to cut him off financially, etc. Beyond the story of him being "grounded", the State did not present evidence to show that his parents finding out about his lies was when Chandler's world came crashing down - so the Defense says at least.

Probably one of the most important things the defense stressed in closing - "I want you to spend time on the homicides"....basically conceding that their client very likely is guilty of some of these charges, and the State proved those beyond a reasonable doubt, but as they've asked the jury - have they proved the same for the homicides?
Will be interesting to see what they decide.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back