Australia - JS, 32 y.o. man, charged w/ murder of 9 y.o. girl , Mt Wilson, 13 January 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if police would legally be able to put a listening device in KMs hospital room?

To record conversations with psychiatrists, nurses or say a family member granted special permission to visit?

Police stated listening devices were placed in Greg Lynn's home in the lead up to his arrest for the murders of Russell Hill and Carol Clay but by that stage they had CCTV footage and other evidence.

Would psychiatrists/ medical staff be obliged to brief police without a subpoena?

Just thinking of other options which might be available to police while they still cannot access KM

Angleterre, who has experiencing running murder investigations, or lawyer members could probably answer this but I don't know how to tag members.

Edited to say "allowed" rather than "obliged" might be a better way to put it

^ Does Australia have an equivalent of HIPAA?

(The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) is a federal law that required the creation of national standards to protect sensitive patient health information from being disclosed without the patient's consent or knowledge.)

What is HIPAA

^ Does Australia have an equivalent of HIPAA?

(The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) is a federal law that required the creation of national standards to protect sensitive patient health information from being disclosed without the patient's consent or knowledge.)

What is HIPAA

Yes, we do. There is a Federal Privacy Act that covers our health information.

Health service providers

Another thought. Would anyone know if KM and JS would have to pay Child Support for CM even if she’s not in their custody?
Would it go on the mother’s income or on joint income with JS?
Presumably CM bio father would have been paying child support for CM to the grandmother.

Grandmother could have claimed CS if she wanted to, then yes, they would both have to pay. Lots of grandparents dont.

I wonder why JS and CM were on the ferry. I am not seeing why they were on the other side of the river (just from looking at Google maps) - unless maybe he drove CM down from Qld and needed to use the ferry then.

Is there some other reason they would have been on the other side of the river?

I don't know SA.... maybe some one local can better explain???

But there is a map here at the link that seems to imply you have to cross the river to get to the Caravan Park from the Mt Wilson area... i.e. It's the Caravan Park that is on the opposite side of the river IYKWIM???

Map Here: Police claim C M’s mum was living in caravan before alleged murder | Daily Telegraph

imo ....

I wonder why JS and CM were on the ferry. I am not seeing why they were on the other side of the river (just from looking at Google maps) - unless maybe he drove CM down from Qld and needed to use the ferry then.

According to Google maps, the fastest route from the park to Wildenstein, includes a ferry ride.

upload_2022-1-22_14-6-18.png

Google Maps

There is more than one way. It really depends where you are coming from. There are several river crossings, some involve small car ferries and some bridges.

Scouting…

Riveira van park is on the other side of the Hawkesbury river to Mt Wilson.

So if the reports are correct that KM was staying at the caravan park, and assuming that after the 000 phone call on the Friday there was no one staying at the Wilderstein let alone any children, why were there plain clothes child protection officers at Wilderstein on the Monday as reported in MSM?

"Dramatic footage captured by Daily Mail Australia showed police cars and a large number of detectives on foot swoop on the retreat at 11.30am on Monday.

Investigators ordered the media to 'leave, now!' from outside the gates on Monday morning - moments after plain clothes child protection squad officers drove into the property.

A police bus followed by unmarked police cars rolled through the gates as a uniformed officer stood guard.

They stayed at the property for five hours before leaving that afternoon."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10412073/Huge-twist-search-C-M-Mount-Wilson.html
Confusing, in light of new info.

Confusing, in light of new info.
Perhaps acting on the information from CMs grandparents who must’ve thought that’s where she was staying when in the care of KM and JS? The police would be responding also to KM claims that CM was lost in the Bush? But LE are astute enough to pounce quickly as they would always consider many scenarios in the reporting of a missing child.. all agencies involved I expect?

So if the reports are correct that KM was staying at the caravan park, and assuming that after the 000 phone call on the Friday there was no one staying at the Wilderstein let alone any children, why were there plain clothes child protection officers at Wilderstein on the Monday as reported in MSM?

"Dramatic footage captured by Daily Mail Australia showed police cars and a large number of detectives on foot swoop on the retreat at 11.30am on Monday.

Investigators ordered the media to 'leave, now!' from outside the gates on Monday morning - moments after plain clothes child protection squad officers drove into the property.

A police bus followed by unmarked police cars rolled through the gates as a uniformed officer stood guard.

They stayed at the property for five hours before leaving that afternoon."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10412073/Huge-twist-search-C-M-Mount-Wilson.html

In my opinion this event was particularly relevant to the subsequent finding of CM.
I also believe that Police may have found the pink top and black skirt during this visit ......????? as it was at the search the next day when it was announced they no longer knew what CM was wearing when she was last seen....

Or the other alternative is that they had been able to speak to GM about what clothes were packed in CM's bag for the holiday, and what may have been missing?.....imo

'It's day five. She's not going to be mobile,' a police officer told the Rural Fire Service and SES searchers.
The officer warned them that CM would need water from a 'bottle, puddle or dam'.

He couldn't provide them with a description of what clothes she might be wearing as 'we don't have clothing unfortunately. We don't know what she is wearing'.

C M search: Missing girl's stepdad | Daily Mail Online

I have also read that Police were possibly able to speak to relatives during this visit...... Perhaps the mother and father of JS was taken to the estate to answer questions about the property and CCTV etc ??

A convoy of detectives and uniformed police drove every day to Wildenstein, inside which they are believe to have interviews relatives of Justin Stein.
C M: Mum is pregnant with alleged baby | Daily Mail Online

Also possible, in my opinion, that CM's GParents was taken to the Estate in the Police Van that day to identify what may have belonged to CM, or KM, to establish if she was living at the estate or not??? and media were told leave for privacy of the victim's relatives...

All IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member