SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is likely true. Difficult to accept.

Sickening. Remember the brothers being adamant about “an iron clad alibi” They must be in on it at least in knowledge of what was going to take place. They walked the property with LE and oddly one of them recovered Maggie’s phone. Combined with the GMA charade immediately after. Corruption of biblical proportions.

As the story goes AM took father to hospital (savannah) had been ill (heart disease/ lung cancer). He returns to moselle, took nap? and what ever else. He then goes back to see mother.

Why did he not stop and see Mother on way back from hospital when it was on the way home.

I’m probable over thinking.

Jmo

As the story goes AM took father to hospital (savannah) had LEbeen ill (heart disease/ lung cancer). He returns to moselle, took nap? and what ever else. He then goes back to see mother.

Why did he not stop and see Mother on way back from hospital when it was on the way home.

I’m probable over thinking.

Jmo
LE must have have corroborating statements from caregivers of his mother as to when he arrived and how long he was there etc. She is bedridden so if he visited her, someone else had to know the details. Does LE not believe their account of the visit? Due to her condition, his mother probably wouldn't have exact times but the staff should.

I'm really not sure if Alex does have millions stashed away somewhere. He seems to have gotten more and more brazen as time went on, and completely reckless towards the end of this.

Drugs don't explain this for me, but gambling would.

My thoughts from Day One, with this kind of money coming and going. Gambling heavies have probably been monitoring him all these years... and have called the shots. They do know how to stay on the right side of the law, so Alex had to satisfy them, while destroying so many others. moo.

RSBM
There is a recklessness, a craziness almost towards the end, that doesn't fit in to the quietly salting millions away theory in my mind. The unpaid property fees, the cheque that bounced for MM-there is an "out of control" element. I think some of the dodgy financial deals were robbing Peter to pay Paul too, which points to uncontrolled spending to me. […] I think AM's life must have been absolutely chaotic, for a long time.
I agree with this wholeheartedly. It seems like AM’s finances were unraveling towards the end, and the potential impending divorce plus the boating accident lawsuit were the two straws that broke the camel’s back.

Until we hear any official news that AM frequented gambling establishments (which would be easily verifiable), I am leaning towards the money having been wasted away almost as soon as it came in to pay for debts resulting from frivolous spending as well as unsustainable fixed costs (e.g., property taxes) to maintain a well-to-do lifestyle.

(There is also the potential drug trafficking connection looming in this case, which could lead to its own financial troubles as a result of poor money management, only with more dire consequences.)

Ultimately, I suspect AM was anxiously awaiting an inheritance from his father’s estate and may have used it as a rationalization for committing the fraud, telling himself that he would “get things squared away” once he had access.

All MOO.

Prosecutors have accused Murdaugh of illegally diverting the money to his accounts. They said he then paid off a $100,000 credit card bill, transferred more than $300,000 to his father and $735,000 to himself.

Judge to decide next week who controls Murdaugh's money

The lawsuits noted well over half the settlement money remained unaccounted for in the prosecution's presentation.

Lawyers in the other two cases said the Murdaugh family is also fighting hard against them. “What does your common sense tell you? If you had nothing to hide, you would turn it over,” said Eric Bland, a lawyer for the Satterfield family.

Meanwhile, on Oct. 28-29, Murdaugh’s brother, Randolph “Randy” Murdaugh, and his former law partner, John E. Parker, filed lawsuits in Hampton County. The lawsuits sought to force Murdaugh to pay back $567,000 in unpaid loans.

On Oct. 29, Murdaugh, who is being held without bond in the Richland County jail, signed a confession of judgment for the $90,000 he owed to his brother, Randy. The same day, Hall signed an order that froze Murdaugh’s assets and appointed receivers.

The order wasn’t filed until Tuesday. That same day, Murdaugh signed another confession of judgment for the $477,000 he owed to Parker.

“These actions show the height of arrogance in the face of last Friday’s hearing (in which Tinsley requested receivers) and the court’s order (appointing receivers),” Tinsley said.

https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article255508501.html

I guess we don’t have any dates yet for the earliest of these indictments to go to trial?

I’m mostly wondering about those around the Labor Day weekend alleged attempted “murder” with Cuz’n Eddy. I feel like Cuz’n Eddy has the potential to be singing as a trial nears and we might get some movement on the June 7 murders.

I guess we don’t have any dates yet for the earliest of these indictments to go to trial?

I’m mostly wondering about those around the Labor Day weekend alleged attempted “murder” with Cuz’n Eddy. I feel like Cuz’n Eddy has the potential to be singing as a trial nears and we might get some movement on the June 7 murders.
I wonder if Cousin Eddy has remembered where he stashed the gun.

RSBM

I agree with this wholeheartedly. It seems like AM’s finances were unraveling towards the end, and the potential impending divorce plus the boating accident lawsuit were the two straws that broke the camel’s back.

Until we hear any official news that AM frequented gambling establishments (which would be easily verifiable), I am leaning towards the money having been wasted away almost as soon as it came in to pay for debts resulting from frivolous spending as well as unsustainable fixed costs (e.g., property taxes) to maintain a well-to-do lifestyle.

(There is also the potential drug trafficking connection looming in this case, which could lead to its own financial troubles as a result of poor money management, only with more dire consequences.)

Ultimately, I suspect AM was anxiously awaiting an inheritance from his father’s estate and may have used it as a rationalization for committing the fraud, telling himself that he would “get things squared away” once he had access.

All MOO.

Oh..I think it is bigger than frequenting gambling establishments..that would be chump change really. it is the bigger drug trafficking... the Ozark stuff without the humor. moo.

Where are the Feds?

This from dec 9, on CS.

Bland also released this statement Thursday on the lawsuit on behalf of the Satterfield family:

As it appears through the investigation of the Satterfield claims to date that Curtis Edward Smith (aka “Cousin Eddie”) may have been recipient of a portion of the Satterfield settlement proceeds through the use of Alex Murdaugh’s fake BOA “Forge” account and/or his personal checking account, Mr. Smith has been added as a Defendant to the ongoing Satterfield lawsuit. The suit seeks to impose a constructive trust against any money or property in the possession of Mr. Smith that was obtained through use of the Satterfield money and seeks to explore Smith’s role in aiding and abetting Murdaugh’s fraud and breach of his fiduciary duties to the Satterfield sons. As the Second Amended Complaint provides, from approximately 2015 through 2021 Cousin Eddie received either personal checks from Alex Murdaugh’s individual account and cashier’s checks from the fake BOA two “Forge” accounts totaling approximately $2,000,000.00 some of which were issued between the time that Alex Murdaugh took approximately $3,400,000.00 from the Satterfield wrongful death settlement and deposited all of that money in the fake BOA “Forge” accounts. Through this action, the Satterfield family hopes to find the answer to the ultimate question: where’s the money?

SC AG issues new round of indictments on Alex Murdaugh; Curtis Smith named in lawsuit

Is CS in jail or out on bond?

Eta

He’s out.

Smith was later indicted on those charges by a Hampton County Grand Jury. He is currently out on bond.

Murdaugh case: Curtis Eddie Smith added to list of lawsuit defendants

Alex Murdaugh has millions in 'protected' assets, but who will be compensated?

Here is a snapshot of Murdaugh’s assets as outlined by Lay:

Murdaugh's current assets:

Three bank accounts, containing a total of $10,000 in cash.
A retirement account worth somewhere between $2.1 and $2.2 million
An IRA retirement fund worth somewhere between $350,000 and $400,000
Real estate that Murdaugh has an interest in, along with other individuals, but can’t liquidate without court action, including a hunting club and some “small islands” around Beaufort County. Some of this real estate is owned through LLCs, Lay said.

Murdaugh has millions in 'protected' assets; who could be compensated?

Murdaugh's future assets:

An estate trust that is expected to come to Murdaugh following the June 2021 death of his father, Randolph Murdaugh III. The amount of this trust and when it will transfer to Murdaugh isn’t known at this time, Lay said.
Probate assets that are expected to come to Murdaugh following the June 2021 death of his wife, Maggie Murdaugh, who was shot and killed at their Colleton County home along with their younger son, Paul.

These assets include a beach house on Edisto Island and the “Moselle” property where Murdaugh was living with his wife and younger son at the time of the double homicide. The Moselle property, which contains 11 parcels of land totaling 1,772.2 acres in both Colleton and Hampton counties, has a total appraised value of $934,800, according to Hampton and Colleton property tax records.

Snipped from above.

These assets include a beach house on Edisto Island and the “Moselle” property where Murdaugh was living with his wife and younger son at the time of the double homicide.

Interesting, this saying all three living at Edisto.

Alex Murdaugh has millions in 'protected' assets, but who will be compensated?

Here is a snapshot of Murdaugh’s assets as outlined by Lay:

Murdaugh's current assets:

Three bank accounts, containing a total of $10,000 in cash.
A retirement account worth somewhere between $2.1 and $2.2 million
An IRA retirement fund worth somewhere between $350,000 and $400,000
Real estate that Murdaugh has an interest in, along with other individuals, but can’t liquidate without court action, including a hunting club and some “small islands” around Beaufort County. Some of this real estate is owned through LLCs, Lay said.

Murdaugh has millions in 'protected' assets; who could be compensated?

Murdaugh's future assets:

An estate trust that is expected to come to Murdaugh following the June 2021 death of his father, Randolph Murdaugh III. The amount of this trust and when it will transfer to Murdaugh isn’t known at this time, Lay said.
Probate assets that are expected to come to Murdaugh following the June 2021 death of his wife, Maggie Murdaugh, who was shot and killed at their Colleton County home along with their younger son, Paul.

These assets include a beach house on Edisto Island and the “Moselle” property where Murdaugh was living with his wife and younger son at the time of the double homicide. The Moselle property, which contains 11 parcels of land totaling 1,772.2 acres in both Colleton and Hampton counties, has a total appraised value of $934,800, according to Hampton and Colleton property tax records.

Snipped from above.

These assets include a beach house on Edisto Island and the “Moselle” property where Murdaugh was living with his wife and younger son at the time of the double homicide.

Interesting, this saying all three living at Edisto.

What? Over 17 hundred acres is only worth $934,800? And that includes the house?

Moselle property is majority swamp. The two homes with out building is the money.

From what I have read and looked up I see nothing about it being a hunting lodge as in ppl paying to hunt. It appears to have been used by them and friends as a gathering place which makes sence since it’s not in town. I never expected cameras to be there.

Jmo

RSBM

All MOO.
Don’t forget they were traveling around in private planes, entertaining on a big scale, buying political influence, “living large,” etc. And my personal opinion is many people in legal and LE community were routinely influenced with cash. MOO. Then throw in some drug peddling, would it start adding up?

As my grandma would say, AM was living high on the hog, plus I think this is major organized crime. MOO. MOO. MOO!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member