TX TX - Kathy Brownfield Goad, 20, Fort Worth, 11 Nov 1982

Thank you, Maze. I couldn't find it either although I know it was there when the paper was published because I subscribed to the "Park City Daily News" at the time.

Many involved in this case have passed away: her parents (iirc, Kathy didn't have any brothers or sisters), Detective Wood who went to Texas to investigate, perhaps others.

Glen Wood, Commonwealth Detective, believed he knew who her killer was and he suspected she was dumped in a lake near the town where Kathy was abducted. Her husband was cleared.

At this point, it would be wonderful just to know where she is, however, after all these years, if she was in one of the local lakes that is not likely a possibility.

Thank you for bumping this.

Kathy has four siblings living. A half-sister (78), a brother (70), a brother (66), a brother (57). One brother died in the early 1950's.

Have the siblings considered submitting DNA?

I apologize for not responding until now. I don't know if they have considered it or not. As far as I know, there are no new details about Kathy. It is a sad situation.

I don't believe any of the sibling have thought of submitting DNA, I am A relative of the family and we don't talk much about it anymore unless one of the smaller kids bring it up to my grandfather

I don't believe any of the sibling have thought of submitting DNA, I am A relative of the family and we don't talk much about it anymore unless one of the smaller kids bring it up to my grandfather

A DNA sample might help match Kathy to a "Jane Doe."

Sometimes it is easier to just block stuff out of our minds and only Kathy's relatives have the right to make that decision. I think about her fairly often (we both used to work in banking) and I thought a lot of her.

If someone does decide to submit a DNA sample, it can be done by calling the local police department, sheriff's office or even the KSP and telling them who you are what you want to do.

God Bless.

Still no DNA

There is a guide for submitting DNA found at the finthemissing link you noted above. Anyone can click the link, then scroll down and on the left side of the page is a link for "DNA." There's a guideline listed for who/what/how to handle a DNA submission.

It could be that it is just too upsetting for the family to revisit the investigation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Houston Mom. Kathy was about 5'4" or 5'5" best I remember. The entry above says 5'8". She was a small person.

Based on what I've been told it was believed that Kathy was in one of the lakes in the area but she was never recovered. I do appreciate you posting this and hope you will continue to do so if other young ladies are reported as found. Thanks again for caring.
What lake is rumored?

So disappointing that after all these years Kathy's remains have not been found. Her thread on Websleuths has been locked.

See

TX - Kathy Mae Brownfield Goad (20) - Fort Worth TX, 1982
This is very random, but I have a memory that has haunted me for years and this case seems to have some similarities. I was stopped at a light that was near Six Flags in Arlington Texas about the date that Kathy went missing. I was behind a small pickup, brown and cream colored, with a cover on the bed that made it like a wagon. There was a man on his knees,straddled something or someone and seemed to be beating the hell out of who or whatever. He suddenly looked up and made eye contact with me, then the light changed and they were gone. The highway he got on was headed in the direction of Joe Pool Lake and coming from DFW airport.what do you think.

This is very random, but I have a memory that has haunted me for years and this case seems to have some similarities. I was stopped at a light that was near Six Flags in Arlington Texas about the date that Kathy went missing. I was behind a small pickup, brown and cream colored, with a cover on the bed that made it like a wagon. There was a man on his knees,straddled something or someone and seemed to be beating the hell out of who or whatever. He suddenly looked up and made eye contact with me, then the light changed and they were gone. The highway he got on was headed in the direction of Joe Pool Lake and coming from DFW airport.what do you think.
Could have been.There is so many cold cases in that area if not her it could have been someone else.Did you get a look at him?

Could have been.There is so many cold cases in that area if not her it could have been someone else.Did you get a look at him?
Yes. Assuredly, it has been many years but I can still see him in my mind. He was really excited and enjoying what he was doing.

I listened to the podcast today. It broke my heart to hear how TX authorities didn’t take her disappearance seriously. Her story was only really publicized in Kentucky where she was from. Both of her parents died without ever knowing what really happened. :( I’m shocked there isn’t more traffic here.

Details of Disappearance​

Kathy was employed at a bank in Fort Worth, Texas in 1982. She took the day off of work on November 11, 1982 and planned to go shopping. Kathy has never been heard from again. Her husband Steve, who reported her missing on November 12, found her vehicle abandoned in the parking lot of Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport on November 15, four days after her disappearance. There was no sign of her at the scene.

Authorities initially believed Kathy took an American Airlines flight to Los Angeles, but they later discounted this possibility. Steve was initially considered a suspect in her disappearance, but he passed a lie detector test and was cleared within a short time.

Steve stated that, a few days before her disappearance, he and Kathy purchased a truck from a Hurst, Texas car dealership and the salesman had made sexual advances to her. The salesman had a criminal history for assault, sex crimes and criminal mischief.

When police went to the dealership to talk to him, they learned he had been fired after being arrested: he had allegedly caused $1,000 in damage to a woman's vehicle after she refused his advances.

Authorities interviewed the salesman and believe he was deceptive when answering their questions. He initially agreed to take a lie detector test, then changed his mind and refused.

A confidential informant told the police the salesman had told him he murdered Kathy and dumped her body in a lake. When investigators searched the car the salesman was driving the day of Goad's disappearance, they found strands of hair in the trunk that matched samples taken from Goad's hairbrush.

All this information was brought before a grand jury in February 1983, but the prosecutor refused to bring a case against the salesman because Kathy's body had not been located.

Kathy was born and raised in Kentucky and, during high school and for a time following graduation, worked for the Warren County, Kentucky Clerk's Office. She had an excellent employment record there. After she and Steve moved to Texas she maintained weekly phone contact with her parents in Kentucky.

The case salesman remains the prime suspect in her disappearance, but no one has been charged in her case. It remains unsolved.

Last edited:
Kathy has been missing for 40 years today.
Kathy deserves justice. The man got away with murder in 1983. This should be prosecuted today. There may even be more evidence to be tested beyond the hair sample. If anyone knows the name of the suspect who confessed and had Kathy's hair please PM me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back