CANADA Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why were the « howling dogs » never noticed before PK got there? Why wasn’t PK alerted by them when he did get there? After calling 911, did PK go inside to quiet the dogs down? Did PK tell the 911 person about howling dogs? Maybe the killer was inside harming the dogs?

I don't recall any mention that the dogs were injured or howling, just very upset.

I couldn't really find anything about the dogs howling, but I finally found this; it was the first responders who had mentioned hearing the dogs 'barking furiously':

(Gleave's two German Shepherds, who were barking furiously inside the house when emergency responders arrived at the garage where her body was found

Not sure if this link still works, sorry. In any case, with someone dead like that, with presumably blood all over the place since she'd been stabbed, and apparently according to PK, her pants were ripped.... so I'm assuming he must've thought from that, that she'd been sexually assaulted, not sure?? In any case, there's no way he should've been anywhere near anywhere to do with AG, until LE had come to gather evidence and investigate, imo. If he didn't mention the barking dogs to the 911 operator, I would think that would be odd........... I wonder why they haven't released the 911 call, or don't they do that here in Canada?
https://www.thespec.com/news-story/5809219-who-killed-audrey-gleave-/

I just googled 911 calls and it seems LE have to give permission for them to be released in Canada . There must be a reason they/it was not released. Wouldn’t the media have asked for the 911 call?
If LE don’t give permission to release the tapes, it’s because it might prejudice the case.

I didn’t put the link here because it’s a long article about NS, the RCMP and local LE.

Last edited:
I just googled 911 calls and it seems LE have to give permission for them to be released in Canada . There must be a reason they/it was not released. Wouldn’t the media have asked for the 911 call?
If LE don’t give permission to release the tapes, it’s because it might prejudice the case.

I didn’t put the link here because it’s a long article about NS, the RCMP and local LE.

From what I've seen, 911 calls are not commonly released to the public in Canada. It does happen in public inquiries, like the current Nova Scotia shooting inquiry.

And why wouldn’t PK ask the 911 people if he could go inside to get or see the dogs? Or at least tell 911 that something seems to be going on inside the house.

The article from John Wells mentions « howling dogs ».
The dogs didn't respect him very much, afaik. PK wouldn't have wanted to go inside, I'm sure. IMO

Did PK tell us that the dogs didn’t take to him? My memory is bad but I thought he said something about them liking him. I certainly could be wrong in that. :oops:
Yes, they never warmed up to him, even after all the years he knew AG. Weird, huh?

After 5 years I was able to work outside with the dogs running freely but only with AG close at my side . They were exceptionally protective and were always waiting for a moment of inattentiveness from AG so they could have a little nip at me.

Haha, even if the dogs knew the scent I would expect them to bark up a storm… every time I arrived they went wild
CANADA - Canada - Audrey Gleave, 73, Ancaster ON, 30 Dec 2010 #2

FWIW, noting that this 74 year old woman was also viciously attacked in her garage..

GOOGLE MAPS
Map from Newmarket to Hamilton
1 hr 13 min (118.1 km) via ON-407

i still think we have to « look young and look close ». This guy is an illegal immigrant who entered Canada through Roxton from the USA. It’s still a good idea to post all similar cases. Not criticizing here. Just adding info. :)

i still think we have to « look young and look close ». This guy is an illegal immigrant who entered Canada through Roxton from the USA. It’s still a good idea to post all similar cases. Not criticizing here. Just adding info. :)
Just started thread, the words "sexual component" in relation to both Audrey's murder and this attack rang a bell.. fwiw.

rbbm.
''Hamilton police were in the vicinity of Barton Street East near Victoria Avenue just before 3 a.m. when they were flagged down by a witness and alerted to the presence of a woman in nearby alleyway, who was suffering from serious injuries following an apparent assault.

Police say that investigators have since determined that the assault “contained a sexual component” and are therefore treating the incident as a sexual assault investigation.''

''Shortly after the murder, police said Gleave was the victim of “a horrendous, vicious attack.”

Investigators at the time also said the crime was committed at the hands of one or more assailants unknown to the victim. Gleave suffered stab wounds, among other injuries, and police indicated that there was a “sexual component” to the attack.''

Last edited:
“One or more assailants “. Is this new, did it get dropped? I recall LE talking about how vicious her attack was. Horrible.

One or more *might be* someone to lure AG to the garage and someone to do the attack? Thinking out loud here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member