UT - Kylen Schulte, 24, & Crystal Beck, 38, newlywed couple found dead, Grand County, 18 Aug 2021

Bridget Calvert (KS aunt) told the Salt Lake Tribune (Family of two women found dead in Moab mourns the loss of young couple) "Calvert<...> knew the situation was serious when their Harley Davidson motorcycle was found in the town. <...>” Calvert said. “That was like the big trigger that they were missing.

We don't really know what "normal" was for them and to what degree their actions on 8/13/21 were unusual. But KS aunt found it alarming.

Establishing the ownership of the vehicles has been difficult. CSH mentioned the Van was not in the victims name, for example;, and that the owner was simply letting them use it. We know the van was searched (with a warrant), we even have an inventory of the contents (curious that information got out so early). We also have an inventory of the storage unit, which was searched by permission of SPS (Kylen's father). But the bike is someplace unknown, and we do not have an equally detailed inventory of the Kia seized at the camp site. We also don't know who owned *any* of these vehicles.

But back to the bike-- it *is* mentioned in this curious story:
The Justice Files: Another possible encounter with ‘creepy’ man in Moab murders | ABC4 Utah

"But new information revealed to Jensen indicated the two women were seen on their motorcycle that Saturday morning, hours before their murder.
“They pulled over,” said Jensen. “They had a light-hearted conversation. They were bragging that Kylen learned how to drive the motorcycle.”
<...>
But according to Jensen, that same Saturday morning Schulte and Turner talked with a friend near the Chevron service station and learned the “creeper man” paid them another visit.
"

So there's the bike! So they rode it from (where?) to the Chevron (assumed to be the one at 817 S Main St, Moab, UT 84532) . So they must have parked it and then driven the Kia (back?) to their campsite.

And we also, finally, 7mos later, have an explanation of where and when and, (most importantly) *how* the story about the *second* visit of the creeper man originated. They told it, in person, to a friend at the Chevron in Moab on the morning of 8/14/21. Saturday.

The bike, and possibly the level of gasoline in the tank, are very important. The victims were riding it hours before their murder.

R.st.J

I hope that LE has more info than we do because what we do know is confusing. I feel like we are missing big pieces. I have to wonder if this was a random killing since we don't seem to hear anything about potential suspects who were friends or known to either women.

Random, yes. But I can't imagine this horrific crime being perpetrated by someone who has never murdered before.
This is why I fear there will be more innocent victims by a perp who roams the country.

Dog the...wait a minute. Wasn't he going out there in Dec 2021/Jan 2022?

(and many others)

Maybe those were prelim discussions and now Dog's show is headed to Moab. We will see...

R.st.J

Although Pinkusiewicz was found, officials say the case is not closed and authorities are still processing “critical and newly discovered evidence in this case.” Authorities have also seized Pinkusiewicz’s vehicle at this time, a 2007 model Toyota Yaris hatchback.

Authorities are still asking anyone who may have information about the case to contact authorities at (435) 259-8115.

Pinkusiewicz died by suicide in September, a month after the bodies of Schulte and Turner were found in the La Sal mountains. White said his office received information that prior to committing suicide, Pinkusiewicz "told another party that he had killed two women in Utah and provided specific details that were known only to investigators."

A motive for the murders is still under investigation, White said, and there's no word on a relationship between Pinkusiewicz and the two women, particularly Turner.

"They both worked at McDonald’s. The indications we have is we don’t know if they worked shifts together. It doesn’t seem like it," White said. "But they were both employees at McDonald’s."

Outside the sheriff's office, Sean-Paul Schulte, Kylen's father, became emotional after learning the news and hugged White.

Later, speaking to reporters, he said he was "elated" and "very happy."

"Grand County Sheriff’s Office was right. The case is very solvable," Schulte said. "I hope they can process the evidence and close the case."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back