Recovered/Located AL - Casey White, prisoner, & Vicky Sue White (Deceased), CO w/sher office, Lauderdale, 29 Apr'22 *Reward* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else find it odd that there was no discussion before Vicky killed herself? No declaration of love to the man she gave up everything for. No “it’s time” or “I can’t go to jail” or anything at all.

I apologize if this has been discussed. I tried to check the thread first.
I think they were caught so off guard and everything happened so fast they didn't have time to think. This was a very short pursuit. Jmo.

I live in rural Arkansas, and we are in the same boat regarding low pay for law enforcement. Starting cops here make below $20,000 a year, and it really limits the pool of desirable applicants. Most of the people who have better qualifications commute over an hour away to larger areas with better pay and benefits rather than work locally. I would not expect rural Alabama to pay any better.
O/T, but how on earth can anyone expect a police force or sheriff's department to keep it's citizens safe when they are paying those rates? I am not doubting you at all, but found that very eye-opening. I pray for your safety, and for the safety of your neighbors and community.

Last edited:
Does anyone else find it odd that there was no discussion before Vicky killed herself? No declaration of love to the man she gave up everything for. No “it’s time” or “I can’t go to jail” or anything at all.

Not really for me. It was happening fast, the thoughts in their mind was the air bags going off for Vicki. CW, IMO, was focused on out-running LE, then suddenly being rammed. The car being turned on it's side and the air bags going off could have stunned them.

We don't know what was being discussed between the two of them when the chase first began. All I heard was what audio picked up at the end of the chase. I believe the vehicle dialed 911 after being hit by LE vehicles, which was only a few seconds.

Some of what you state could have been discussed once VW and CW realized they were discovered and decided to outrun LE.

I may very well be confused about the timeline, but isn’t it that Vicky has been in whatever relationship with Casey for two years, and all that time he was either in state prison or Vicky’s county jail? Which is where they met and where he wanted to be transferred back?

Therefore, unless his mother willfully overlooked it, wouldn’t she wonder where Casey could’ve met a woman to be his “girlfriend?” If she bothered to think it through, she’d have to have known the only women he’d be able to come across would have to be in prison or in a courtroom? All of whom would be off-limits?

I suppose she either preferred not to think it through, or is not being exactly truthful with the media and public now. I personally think she knew exactly who Vicky was.

JMO
No. People in prison have lots of ways of "meeting" new people. Inmates will "help" others by introducing them to people they know on the outside. For example, an inmate might ask his gf/wife to get one of her friends to write his cellmate.There are programs online for making pen pals with prisoners. There are Facebook groups for women who date prisoners to post who they talk to because many inmates have several ongoing relationships with people on the outside and these women want to make sure they aren't being "cheated on" or lied to.

Even before the internet, there were classified ads and newsletters for those seeking someone to write to.

When you're in prison, it is like time stands still and you're repeating every day over and over. Getting letters, making calls, etc is one of the few things that keeps them in touch with the outside and the real world, so they always find a way.

No. People in prison have lots of ways of "meeting" new people. Inmates will "help" others by introducing them to people they know on the outside. For example, an inmate might ask his gf/wife to get one of her friends to write his cellmate.There are programs online for making pen pals with prisoners. There are Facebook groups for women who date prisoners to post who they talk to because many inmates have several ongoing relationships with people on the outside and these women want to make sure they aren't being "cheated on" or lied to.

Even before the internet, there were classified ads and newsletters for those seeking someone to write to.

When you're in prison, it is like time stands still and you're repeating every day over and over. Getting letters, making calls, etc is one of the few things that keeps them in touch with the outside and the real world, so they always find a way.
Reminds me. We used to have a free paper called the advertiser. They had alot personal ads. I had to crack up at the institutional ads. They always put will relocate. I'm thinking I bet you would.

I have to say, I see why there is so much confusion by a few about what is said and when on the audio surrounding the capture of CW and VW. The audio accompanying this article replays the capture of the fugitives, and decides to caption the comments. At :15 seconds in, VW very, very clearly, says "Casey", but The Independent captioned it as her saying "HELP ME". Sorry, but that sounds NOTHING like "Help me". Maybe the British press should give up on trying to understand rural southern American dialect, and stick to reporting facts they do not have to try to interpret. JMO

Last edited:
O/T, but how on earth can anyone expect a police force or sheriff's department to keep it's citizens safe when they are paying those rates? I am not doubting you at all, but found that very eye-opening. I pray for your safety, and for the safety of your neighbors and community.
I personally know a town marshal(police chief), that as of 3 years ago makes $12 an hour. Granted his job is pretty mundane but I find it sickening that someone risk their lives forthe same amount you can flip burgers for,

Lauderdale County District Attorney Chris Connolly said he was stunned that Vicky White may have been romantically involved with an inmate. “I never would have thought that in a million years,” said Connolly, who spoke with Vicky White almost every day for 17 years.

He said Vicky White was “the most solid person at the jail.”

“I would have trusted her with my life,” he said.

[..]

Shortly before her disappearance, Vicky White sold her home for $95,550 – less than half the current market value. County records list the total parcel value of the property at $235,600.

[..]

“Clearly lots of planning went into this,” Connolly said.

During her time on the run, Vicky White became a fugitive with an arrest warrant in her name. She was accused of permitting or facilitating escape in the first degree, identity theft and forgery.

Singleton said he believes Vicky White “was basically the mastermind behind the whole plan.”

[..]

But former FBI Assistant Director Chris Swecker said he believes Casey White may have manipulated Vicky White. “This is not terribly unusual, that you have this guard falling in love with a prisoner who’s probably groomed her over a period of time,” Swecker said.

“So he obviously needed her. You would think someone with law enforcement experience – an assistant director of corrections in that county – would have thought a little bit farther down the line,” he said.

“She obviously lost all judgment over the last few months or so.”

I don't believe Mr. Stinson will qualify, as he provided no tips. IMO
Isn't he the person who reported the truck as being abandoned. Didn't LE proceed from there? Also wasn't there video of CW at the car wash and video of the Gray Cadillac picking CW up. Those sound like tips to me, but maybe they don't meet the requirements for some reason.

Makes sense there would be a review by USMS. Reportedly, it wasn't until the US Marshall contacted Stinson to seek any surveillance video from the car wash that he bothered to look at the video for the first time. Before that, he seemed more troubled that LE did not remove the abandoned vehicle and the burden was on him to have it towed. The vehicle was left on private property -- that's usually how it works.

Very odd. Seems to me most finding a vehicle on their property would first look at their surveillance versus wait a week, after being prompted, and long after the vehicle has already been towed??

Regardless, I think the manager will fare just fine. A money fund already started for him by a friend of murder victim Ridgeway.

I think it makes sense because the car was on its side, being surrounded by LE , and they were stunned — she had seconds to act, or she’d be arrested. There was no time for goodbyes and they probably had discussed their eternal love in the beginning of the trip on April 29.

Isn't he the person who reported the truck as being abandoned. Didn't LE proceed from there? Also wasn't there video of CW at the car wash and video of the Gray Cadillac picking CW up. Those sound like tips to me, but maybe they don't meet the requirements for some reason.
On May 4th, Mr. Stinson called the local police about an abandoned truck at his car wash and he wanted police to tow it. Nothing was mentioned about the fugitives from Alabama. He just wanted the truck towed. The police ran the VIN and it came back clean, so it was not a police matter. They told Mr. Stinson as the car wash was private property he would have to arrange the tow himself. So he did. End of story.

On May 8th there was a match in the database - investigators had the VIN from the man in TN who sold the F-150 to them. Then the police report from the car wash (containing the VIN) hit the database as well. Marshals then descended on the car wash, found the surveillance video (which Mr. Stinson hadn't even seen), identified the Cadillac from the video and proceeded to track them down at the motel. We all know the story from there. Details can be found here:

ETA: Arguably, the tow truck driver in TN deserves some kind of reward. When the Ford Edge (orange car) hit the news he realized he had towed that car days earlier. He tipped off his boss, who tipped off the feds. The feds then canvassed the area, discovered the man who sold the fugitives the F-150 and provided the VIN. That was a CRUCIAL tip that, in my opinion, should qualify for some portion of the reward money.

Last edited:
I personally know a town marshal(police chief), that as of 3 years ago makes $12 an hour. Granted his job is pretty mundane but I find it sickening that someone risk their lives forthe same amount you can flip burgers for,
I'm speechless.

Granted, I've lived all my life on the other end of the spectrum from a rural Southern town, (NYC). I've visited many rural areas, though, in every state except Arkansas and Alaska, (and I am sure I have more people living in my high-rise than there are in some of the rural towns), but a police chief! Getting paid practically nothing?

We can see from this Casey/Vicky case that at any moment, a mundane day can turn apocalyptic.

Who would want a job that, as you said, pays what a fast-food place would pay, but comes with so much risk and responsibility?

I also grant that the cost of living in these towns is much less than in NYC, but still it seems so demeaning to me. Anyone IMO with this title and authority should get paid an amount that is commensurate with the duties involved.

Jmo

You think the pay is bad? Things are bad on both sides of the bars. At least something is being done to stop this practice.

So, let's put the 12$ an hour to rest. A just starting Lauderdale Corrections co. starts at $31,000.00 (with Benefits) That comes out to about 16.00 an hour for 40 hours per week. Then, there's always overtime , especially these days.
She had 17 years in ,in a much higher position. She most likely worked a lot of overtime. I can probably guess she made about 25-30 $ an hour before overtime.
Pay during this career is not that low, but, retirement pay sucks.
I know this from first hand knowledge , my husband had 22 years in this field.
It is not a job for the faint at heart.
Here is a job opening there for a completely new hire.
Corrections Deputy – Lauderdale County Government

So, let's put the 12$ an hour to rest. A just starting Lauderdale Corrections co. starts at $31,000.00 (with Benefits) That comes out to about 16.00 an hour for 40 hours per week. Then, there's always overtime , especially these days.
She had 17 years in ,in a much higher position. She most likely worked a lot of overtime. I can probably guess she made about 25-30 $ an hour before overtime.
Pay during this career is not that low, but, retirement pay sucks.
I know this from first hand knowledge , my husband had 22 years in this field.
It is not a job for the faint at heart.
Here is a job opening there for a completely new hire.
Corrections Deputy – Lauderdale County Government
An that’s the starting pay….I assume there is a pay grid as well.

Definitely sound like tips to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member