VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be fine for JD if he never did another pirate film for Disney. But he could do some very good Indie films with some depth to them. And he could get more involved in writing/producing and make some creative choices while making some cash for his family.

I am pretty sure his priorities have changed in the past few years. He is not interested in having a compound of penthouses on Melrose Avenue anymore. He probably would rather have some nice investment properties in a quiet upscale suburb where his kids could come and stay with him, etc.

He probably doesn't feel the need to make 350 million anymore. He just wants stability and respect and some creative jobs he can enjoy and build upon. JMO

I've been re-listening to the audios to prepare for court to resume. Something which jumps out at me now is how she keeps trying to give him a Xanax or remind him to take one. I thought she was trying to help him stay sober?? There's some weird gaslighting going on and I do sometimes entertain the disturbing thought that she was deliberately pushing him slowly towards overdose or suicide. I know that sounds harsh and a bit of a reach, but it's just this vibe I get from her. Like she preferred to have him compliant, disoriented. That she knew exactly what she was doing, but then when he lost all of that money, a messy divorce seemed a better option. I remember she went ballistic over not being in his will. And the Australian incident happened because he wanted a Post-nup. Plus there's the weird conspiratorial actions of her closest friends. I believe without a doubt they tried to set him up during the May 21st 2016 incident, but luckily his two security guys waiting outside rushed in as soon as they heard a commotion and got him out of there.

Hi, very longtime lurker but I'm like you Zoriah. I think she realised that she could keep him stoned/drunk so she could carry on affairs, party with her pals and not have to have sex with JD. She was the one pouring his drink for him every time he got home and said when he got clean "he wanted sex a lot". I also think she's had it planned for a long time but had to speed things along after Australia but just couldn't get him angry enough on camera, therefore had to think of some other way to ruin him and make sure she came out the hero.

Among other things that bug me about her testimony is her lack of pain. It's always about what the room/carpet/decor looks like and inevitably she says she "didn't feel any pain" or "I wasn't hurt". The only time I've heard her mention anything about pain was when she was describing the bottle incident. Even a little acknowledgement of the pain feeling sharp, intense, burning, throbbing etc, yet she constantly discounts the pain she had to have felt if we're to believe her testimony.

I do wonder if we'll get to see any cross examination as it's possible she'll come up with some illness after finishing her direct testimony.

Me too. Actually, there are SO MANY things AH and her legal team have stated that JD's team can hammer and poke holes in but knowing they are limited on time it will be difficult to get it all in. I'll be officially fretting for them as the trial progresses. :eek:

I'm so worried about the time limitation and wonder if JD's team is too. If so, maybe they can do what Baez did during the Husel trial and take the issue to the VA Supreme court. Could make the jury mad if it's extended though. Ugh, it's so wrong.

I think it would be fine for JD if he never did another pirate film for Disney. But he could do some very good Indie films with some depth to them. And he could get more involved in writing/producing and make some creative choices while making some cash for his family.

I am pretty sure his priorities have changed in the past few years. He is not interested in having a compound of penthouses on Melrose Avenue anymore. He probably would rather have some nice investment properties in a quiet upscale suburb where his kids could come and stay with him, etc.

He probably doesn't feel the need to make 350 million anymore. He just wants stability and respect and some creative jobs he can enjoy and build upon. JMO
I’m not entirely convinced he ever wanted the penthouses.

I haven’t done the math re: dates but my impression has been, she wanted to live in DTLA (I could of course be wrong).

One of the Eastern Columbia workers deposed in the UK said that after the night the police were called, to the best of her knowledge (and, oh, I’m sure the whole building staff was on internal gossip tenterhooks checking), JD never returned to the building (although, could you blame him, considering he left her in it until the end of the year?).

just came across this tweet from Kathleen Zellner from 14 May 2022:

Kathleen Zellner
@ZellnerLaw
·
May 14

One of my clients was raped by a serial rapist in Chicago in 1999.Her powerful testimony was the polar opposite of a histrionic rant even tho’ she was an actress. She was consistent, low key and controlled—because of that she won a record verdict. #TruthWins

Hi, very longtime lurker but I'm like you Zoriah. I think she realised that she could keep him stoned/drunk so she could carry on affairs, party with her pals and not have to have sex with JD. She was the one pouring his drink for him every time he got home and said when he got clean "he wanted sex a lot". I also think she's had it planned for a long time but had to speed things along after Australia but just couldn't get him angry enough on camera, therefore had to think of some other way to ruin him and make sure she came out the hero.

Among other things that bug me about her testimony is her lack of pain. It's always about what the room/carpet/decor looks like and inevitably she says she "didn't feel any pain" or "I wasn't hurt". The only time I've heard her mention anything about pain was when she was describing the bottle incident. Even a little acknowledgement of the pain feeling sharp, intense, burning, throbbing etc, yet she constantly discounts the pain she had to have felt if we're to believe her testimony.

I do wonder if we'll get to see any cross examination as it's possible she'll come up with some illness after finishing her direct testimony.

She still has at least two more stories of "violence" to talk about today (the Birthday Party and the May 2016 debacle) .. so we will see if she talks about the pain today since she has had the last 10 days to learn what is not working for her on the stand. It will be interesting to see how she changes.

Listen closely to the May 2016 incident .. Her and her friends couldn't seem to get their story straight on this one. ;)

She can’t have it both ways. Is he a drunk druggie who can’t function or a raging bull dragging her by her hair. Is he a passed out loser not interested in being intimate or a rapist. I don’t believe her va jj story. I think that one is to redirect any (or all) broken bottles back to being in his hand, inflicting violence on her.
She is indeed gaslighting the jury.
It does tell me the defense team is really, really afraid of JD’s sliced finger.

All JMO

She can’t have it both ways. Is he a drunk druggie who can’t function or a raging bull dragging her by her hair. Is he a passed out loser not interested in being intimate or a rapist. I don’t believe her va jj story. I think that one is to redirect any (or all) broken bottles back to being in his hand, inflicting violence on her.
She is indeed gaslighting the jury.
It does tell me the defense team is really, really afraid of JD’s sliced finger.

All JMO
Well, then that should be an easy sell, IMO; and a doctor’s testimony might be saved till the end of his rebuttal (one of the CourtTV anchors keeps reminding us of the twin trial pillars, primacy (first information out into jury minds) and recency (last information out)).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson