GUILTY SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 *ARREST in 2022* #21

Last edited:
This is exactly what I thought. There was no way it was a coincidence that they arrested this guy, and the body was found as fast as it was.

This ends all doubt as to his involvement.
It will be interesting to learn why he confessed now after, seemingly, he had gotten away with this crime. I wonder if there is a trade of some sort in the works.

It will be interesting to learn why he confessed now after, seemingly, he had gotten away with this crime. I wonder if there is a trade of some sort in the works.
Well, he's at retirement age, so maybe he just wants to settle down for prison life with no responsibilities for the rest of his days. I would imagine for some people it beats the hustle, especially once you already have convictions.

Moody doesn't have anything to lose now. Wonder if there are other victims, and if he'll cooperate?

Pondering how he buried BD in very dark rural place? Meaning very little light to find his way. Where did he get the vehicle? The owner of the property, where BD was unearthed, must be horrified.
I had been thinking about that and what I think is possible is that he already had the hole dug. It's hard digging a shallow hole around a bunch of trees as you run into all kinds of roots. This hole apparently was four feet deep which makes it that much harder. Add the darkness and paranoia of having a body to dispose of and it makes much more sense to already have it dug. I always thought OJ Simpson had a hole dug for his ex-wife but that things went sideways fast when her friend showed up. I remember seeing a picture of a shovel and a heavy-duty piece of plastic sheeting in a photo during the Grand Jury phase but then it never was shown during the trial. I'll always believe he had a hole dug somewhere and then just needed to shovel in the dirt -- which is much easier than digging the hole, and he would be done. Just my opinion though. And it goes without saying that, these are all such heartbreaking things to think about, but our minds are always trying to fill in the blanks.

I thought about that but why would he turn himself in and admit to BD and not the others?
A confession doesn't mean that he suddenly grew a conscience and walked into a police station intent on penance.

They could have been openly surveilling him, making life impossible, stumbled across new evidence, used bits and pieces to make up evidence (totally legal) and pressured him into confessing. They could have dangled the death penalty in front of him and claimed that leading them to the body was the only way to avoid it. It may be on temporary hold in South Carolina, but unlike California, it is still very much a real thing.

Psychopaths are usually narcissists. Self gratification and power are their only intents in life. Nothing scares those people more than the finality of death. This sicko would rather live inside of a jail cell reliving these gratifying moments than dying under someone elses power.

I think he’s probably terminally ill. He either suddenly felt the need to clear his conscience OR he wanted to “get credit” for it before he dies. The latter being the more likely of the two.

But that’s just my opinion.

Fifteenth Circuit Solicitor Jimmy Richardson said Moody turned himself into his lawyer’s office on that day and from that point, Moody was taken into custody.

WMBF News also obtained records that show Moody signed over Power of Attorney to a man named Bryan Cooper on May 2, just two days before he turned himself in to his attorney. We are working to learn more about Cooper.

Wow. So glad the family will finally get some closure on this one. RIP to this beautiful girl.

Gives me a sliver of hope Heather Elvis will eventually be found.
Amen! I live in MB. Now that BD was found it gives hope to finding Heather Elvis!

I'm not sure if this has been posted or not (there has been a lot of information posted today -- thank you all), but it states that Moody took Brittanee to the Santee River (probably the Poleyard boat landing) where he raped and strangled her. Then he transported her body to the site where it was buried. If he was transporting her body around after he killed her, then I think its pretty safe to assume he was not on his motorcycle that night, and he had switched vehicles by the time he was pulled over the next afternoon in Surfside. It seems like Moody knew exactly where he wanted to take her, since he made a beeline for the landing after taking her off the street. I bet he had also previously scoped out the location he ended up burying her, and I assume he had a shovel with him that night, knowing full well that he intended to murder a girl and bury her body. So while his encounter with Brittanee was apparently random, to me the rest of what happened that night shows some degree of planning. Personally, I believe the gf is involved, possibly through the entire sequence of events, but definitely beyond simply providing an alibi in 2011. Also, I see people online expressing some confusion about statements about her being buried on the 26th. I think this refers to the fact that it was after midnight by the time he had buried her, not that there was some long delay between the murder and her burial. As always, JMO.
Thanks for the info. Seems like he had a plan. JMO Hopefully, they will look at other missing persons that he may have had something to do with

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back