GUILTY SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 *ARREST in 2022* #21

I'm confused now. I thought this case was more pointing in the direction that Angel was with him the night Britt dissappeared.

This article makes it sound like (or Angel makes it sound like) she knew nothing about this "side" of him and couldn't possibly have been with him, Through tears she went on: "I'm shocked, I'm stunned, but I don't really know that side of him. I know the person he was with me. He was fantastic to me."

Just curiosity here, do you think the confession will make the trial faster and does the confession make it easier on the family?
I'm just wondering how likely a trial would even be. He confessed to everything. Would some type of plea deal be more likely if offered to him?
With Moody coming forward and admitting to his crimes against Brittanie I do not see a trial. He could withdraw his guilty plea but his providing the location of her remains I think would me enough for a jury to convict.

There will be a future sentencing court date where the prosecutor will articulate the evidence and extent of the crime. Probably the maximum allowed by the law.
I watched the video with the solicitor for a 2nd time. Not trying to split hairs here but the solicitor would not come out and say that Moody did confess. Moody definitely did not say he pleads "guilty" yet as they are not even in the arraignment stage yet. If he did, it is not official.

The way I understand this process from Richardson is that they are still in the "discovery" process. After that concludes, there will be an arraignment where Moody plead guilty or not guilty. If he pleads guilty, he then goes on a plea sheet for a week or so. Then if Moody wants a trial (which I am guessing he was referring to the not guilty plea) which he said would take a bit longer.

He said the next stage the public will see is the arraignment. The 2 reporters did say the sheriff's office did say there was a guilty plea but the solicitor would not confirm or deny that and cut the reporter off before she even finished that statement.

Anyone have any solid info about this woman?

I looked up her name and found a woman with a respectable career and education to that area but I will not post the link with her info in case it is not the same woman. It seems very odd to me that a person can be so deceived and know nothing about a person's past.

The woman I found with the same name was attending HG Technical College at the same time Moody considered going to cosmetology school in 2012. So, it's either a big coincidence or a solid point the 2 could have been having conversations about him doing something different career wise.

*EDIT*
It is the woman I found as this article states her career. This could be a huge benefit to Moody if she chooses to support him. She has a good career making great money. So he could have a great lawyer. Hoping the prosecutors have all their ducks in a row or this guy could be walking free again.

She also did find out about his past as she is quoted from the article saying, "But she says she decided to stay with him because he was a different man in their relationship and refused to comment further on his past or Britannee’s murder."

It honestly blows me away that a person could stay with someone after they know the person they are dating was convicted of raping little girls. At this point, I would not put it past her that she knows about this incident and is not being as honest as she should be. Very sad and sick.

Last edited:
I really hope LE is taking a serious look at this woman. IMO there is something seriously wrong with anyone who says they’re “standing by their man” after he raped and murdered a child.
It's honestly scary that this woman is responsible for people's health and well-being as a nurse with the lack of common sense and poor judgement that she is displaying.

Do we know who owns the property where she was buried?
I looked into your question:

There's 2 properties that it looks like law enforcement were focused on from the aerial pictures and videos that were shown in various news reports:

Property 1 - 15 acres and owned by a couple and my guess is they use the property as second property for pleasure use as it has structures on it.

Property 2 - 185 acres which is in a trust and is only land with no building structures. This property surrounds Property #1.

My guess is there is ZERO ties to the owners of these properties and Moody. I think it just more follows Moody's m.o. Moody knows the area well as he grew up in Georgetown and that he was living right down the road from the burial location. From a past referenced case in California, he forced Kerri Harding into the car and took her to an empty cul-de-sac. This property is acres and acres of woods and would give him the perfect opportunity to bury her.

I watched the video with the solicitor for a 2nd time. Not trying to split hairs here but the solicitor would not come out and say that Moody did confess. Moody definitely did not say he pleads "guilty" yet as they are not even in the arraignment stage yet. If he did, it is not official.

The way I understand this process from Richardson is that they are still in the "discovery" process. After that concludes, there will be an arraignment where Moody plead guilty or not guilty. If he pleads guilty, he then goes on a plea sheet for a week or so. Then if Moody wants a trial (which I am guessing he was referring to the not guilty plea) which he said would take a bit longer.

He said the next stage the public will see is the arraignment. The 2 reporters did say the sheriff's office did say there was a guilty plea but the solicitor would not confirm or deny that and cut the reporter off before she even finished that statement.

BBM for focus.

I also watched the interview and I agree that Jimmy stops short of confirming a confession. However, I have since read a number of articles that quote him as seemingly confirming a confession.

I think during the long 45 minute interview we saw he was not sure how much he could comment on it, but has since determined he can. See below for examples:

““You take a confession and it’s great but you also have to verify that confession,” says Richardson. “You have to make sure it’s valid, especially in a case where you’ve had multiple people of interest.””

Source: GCSO: Moody confessed to Drexel murder, led investigators to body

“On Tuesday, the sheriff’s office confirmed that Moody confessed after he was charged on May 4 with obstruction of justice. Fifteenth Circuit Solicitor Jimmy Richardson said Moody turned himself into his lawyer’s office on that day and from that point, Moody was taken into custody.”

Source: Sheriff’s office: Brittanee Drexel murder suspect confessed following arrest, provided info on location of remains

Last edited:
Just thinking about a few things here. I'd really like to know what kind of car it was. Did Brittanee get into the back seat? I have a feeling Moody may have gotten out and let Brittanee in to the front seat where she sat in the middle. This would explain not being able to conveniently use her phone or get out of the car. I also believe the sexual battery would have begun almost immediately in this case. That creep wouldn't have been able to last very long without touching her. And whoever was driving saw everything. I know they are saying that the kidnapping actually occurred later but I don't know..

Anyone have any solid info about this woman?

I looked up her name and found a woman with a respectable career and education to that area but I will not post the link with her info in case it is not the same woman. It seems very odd to me that a person can be so deceived and know nothing about a person's past.

The woman I found with the same name was attending HG Technical College at the same time Moody considered going to cosmetology school in 2012. So, it's either a big coincidence or a solid point the 2 could have been having conversations about him doing something different career wise.

*EDIT*
It is the woman I found as this article states her career. This could be a huge benefit to Moody if she chooses to support him. She has a good career making great money. So he could have a great lawyer. Hoping the prosecutors have all their ducks in a row or this guy could be walking free again.

She also did find out about his past as she is quoted from the article saying, "But she says she decided to stay with him because he was a different man in their relationship and refused to comment further on his past or Britannee’s murder."

It honestly blows me away that a person could stay with someone after they know the person they are dating was convicted of raping little girls. At this point, I would not put it past her that she knows about this incident and is not being as honest as she should be. Very sad and sick.
Walk free? I thought he admitted it and lead police to the body

Walk free? I thought he admitted it and lead police to the body
Sorry - I was basing my response on the video I watched with Richardson and the reporter and Richardson not coming out and saying that Moody confessed in that video. The article that LLLindsayy posted seems to be more recent.

The article states "Richardson says because Moody waived a bond hearing and arraignment, the next thing is deciding whether there will be a plea deal or jury trial. If it heads to court, Moody faces 30 years to life in prison for each charge."

It seems like lots of details are known by law enforcement and I guess we will have to wait for them to tell us the details of what happened that night.

“One of the previous victims of Brittanee Drexel's alleged killer - a sex offender who was previously convicted for raping seven underage girls - has stepped forward to describe the horror she suffered after being kidnapped and sexually abused by him back in 1983.

Kerri Harding, now 48, also expressed her outrage that Raymond Moody - who raped her when she was just eight years old - was allowed out of prison after serving just under half of the 42-year sentence he received for sexually assaulting her and six other girls in Vallejo, California.”

I am so sorry about the traumatic attack Kerri suffered at just eight years old and the six other girls who were sexually assaulted by him. It is very distressing to read the details of the monster’s horrific attack on Kerri. Why on earth was he released after serving just under half of his 42 year sentence? It Is absolutely baffling how anyone could think releasing a child sexual predator, who brutally attacked an eight year old girl, and six other girls back into society was a sensible decision. How were the people who approved his early release not deeply concerned he would attack again and the significant danger he posed? They should have been making sure he served every second of his 42 year sentence instead of granting early release after serving less than half his sentence.

There is no hope of rehabilitating a monster like him who has attacked multiple young victims. He should have been locked up for the rest of his life. He absolutely deserves to be sentenced to the death penalty after being found guilty of Brittanee’s kidnapp, rape and murder. But it will be a relief if he gets sentenced to life without parole because it means he cannot murder or harm any other young women and girls.

Sincere condolences to Brittanee‘s loved ones I so sorry for their loss. I cannot imagine how much her family have suffered since she disappeared and the severe distress and grief they are feeling.

Thank you to everyone here who has cared about finding Brittanee and that she gets justice. I know how long you have all waited for Brittanee to be found and for an arrest to be made.

Last edited:
I've been following Brittanee's case for several years but until now I haven't posted in threads regarding her disappearance. Like many others here I'm very glad the Drexel family has at least some closure and is beginning to find out the actual details of what happened to Brittanee.

I agree with many WS members who are expressing disbelief/outrage that Moody would be released early after being convicted for raping seven underage girls. He should never have been released after serving only half of his original sentence.

Why would ANYONE release someone like this from prison? I for one would like to hear the parole board members explain their justification for his release. MOO

SUPPORTING 'MURDERER' Raymond Moody’s girlfriend says she’s standing by him – even though they were together when he ‘killed’ Brittanee Drexel

[...]
In a shocking twist, the suspect appears to have been living a double life, as he has a long-term partner of "almost 15 years", Angel Vause, 54, who lives at their shared home. Asked if she's still supporting him, she exclusively told The Sun: "Well, of course I will." Through tears she went on: "I'm shocked, I'm stunned, but I don't really know that side of him. I know the person he was with me. He was fantastic to me."
[...]

No idea what to think about this person. As others have said, how she could possibly stay with Moody, even if she claims that she didn't know all of the details about his background? It makes no logical sense. AV said "I don't really know that side of him." How could that possibly be true? MOO

Just for clarification purposes, do we know whether AV was actually in Moody's vehicle when Brittanee was picked up?

I think she's standing by her man now because he's going away for a very long time and she wants the assets. I can't imagine staying with someone capable of doing what he's done and is accused of. JMO
Totally. You can say that he’s innocent until proven guilty in this case but the other 4 he was proven guilty!
ETA: Not if she was in the car! Oh my gosh - I missed that! Wow.

Last edited:
I've been following Brittanee's case for several years but until now I haven't posted in threads regarding her disappearance. Like many others here I'm very glad the Drexel family has at least some closure and is beginning to find out the actual details of what happened to Brittanee.

I agree with many WS members who are expressing disbelief/outrage that Moody would be released early after being convicted for raping seven underage girls. He should never have been released after serving only half of his original sentence.

Why would ANYONE release someone like this from prison? I for one would like to hear the parole board members explain their justification for his release. MOO

SUPPORTING 'MURDERER' Raymond Moody’s girlfriend says she’s standing by him – even though they were together when he ‘killed’ Brittanee Drexel

[...]
In a shocking twist, the suspect appears to have been living a double life, as he has a long-term partner of "almost 15 years", Angel Vause, 54, who lives at their shared home. Asked if she's still supporting him, she exclusively told The Sun: "Well, of course I will." Through tears she went on: "I'm shocked, I'm stunned, but I don't really know that side of him. I know the person he was with me. He was fantastic to me."
[...]

No idea what to think about this person. As others have said, how she could possibly stay with Moody, even if she claims that she didn't know all of the details about his background? It makes no logical sense. AV said "I don't really know that side of him." How could that possibly be true? MOO

Just for clarification purposes, do we know whether AV was actually in Moody's vehicle when Brittanee was picked up?
Well, if was said she was in the car, and the only people that would know that are Moody and Angel so if LE was releasing that, it was in his confession, and if she was in that car and saw Brittanee she held that secret for a long time.... I just get queasy over this whole thing.

“On May 2, Moody signed over power of attorney to a man named Bryan Cooper, according to records obtained by WMBF.”
Kind of curious about Bryan Cooper & what his connection is to Moody &/or the girlfriend roommate. Wonder why he gave a POA to him instead of her?
Also any information about Moody’s first wife and family, it has been posted that he had three small children when he was arrested in California in 1983.

MOO, but I have the same thoughts. I know nothing about AV, but it makes no sense how she could be Moody's GF for that many years and NOT know the details of his past, what he's done, and what kind of man you were dealing with. Again, MOO.

Imo It's plausible she didn't know about his crimes. I doubt that there would be no charges against her if she was there when this all happened.
It all depends on what kind of evidence they’ve got putting her in the vehicle or in contact with Moody that night. Unfortunately that’s 13 years ago. IMO when LE started genuinely closing in over the last month or so, I think it’s possible Moody and AV (the gf) concocted a story that he was alone and she knew nothing, in an attempt to spare her. She tried to alibi him back in 2011, claiming they were “nowhere near Myrtle Beach.” She also claims she didn’t know about his past (highly unlikely.) I guess we’ll see what story Moody creates for the initial taking of Brittanee from the street, but I’m still not buying he was alone and somehow convinced Brittanee to go someplace with him. I think there could still be charges coming if they can find what they need. JMO.

It all depends on what kind of evidence they’ve got putting her in the vehicle or in contact with Moody that night. Unfortunately that’s 13 years ago. IMO when LE started genuinely closing in over the last month or so, I think it’s possible Moody and AV (the gf) concocted a story that he was alone and she knew nothing, in an attempt to spare her. She tried to alibi him back in 2011, claiming they were “nowhere near Myrtle Beach.” She also claims she didn’t know about his past (highly unlikely.) I guess we’ll see what story Moody creates for the initial taking of Brittanee from the street, but I’m still not buying he was alone and somehow convinced Brittanee to go someplace with him. I think there could still be charges coming if they can find what they need. JMO.
Agree- highly unlikely she would get in his car without a women in there as well to make her feel safer. MOO- she was there and she knew all these years what happened.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back