VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
this witness is actually putting himself in litigious TMZ's crosshair.

then scolds Elaine for talking on AH as a client. I am going to pee my pants on this cross. :D :D :D

EB may have met her match with this guy. I’m not a huge fan of TMZ and the paparazzi tactics but he’s laying out exactly what happened with this video in a way that paints AH very badly.

Elaine, up. " How did you know what video was shown in the trial?"

I was told the TMZ video was in it

E:" So you watched some of it?"

Yes

E: so you get your 15 minutes of fame

I am putting myself as a target for TMZ a litigious company, I stand to gain nothing

[it got very snarly between then quickly]

E:[she is trying to say tips might have come from Depp's side]

"

Sky is a bit behind!

Sky News

Johnny Depp leaves the witness stand after denying ever abusing Amber Heard

Asked about the "I Need. I Want. I Take" messages which were also read by Amber Heard's lawyer in court not long ago, Johnny Depp again denies writing these (see 19.35 post).

He describes them as "grotesque".

The actor is now being asked about the honeymoon photograph, of which two versions were shown in court earlier - one in which Depp looks more bruised under his eye than the other.

Depp says he can see a "pretty decent shiner" in the photo and that this was caused by Heard after she had a "brief freak-out" in their cabin - they were travelling on the Orient Express. "I can't remember why, there were many," he says.

It feels so desperate that EB’s only real tactic o cross with some of these witnesses is to claim they’re looking for their 15 minutes of fame. It doesn’t actually make sense, because these aren’t public facing folks who stand to gain anything, versus - as the witness said - EB herself, who stands to gain a nice payout for taking on AH as a client.

Norbert "Bryan" Neumeister is now on the stand. He works in photography and owns USA forensic. Digital forensic company. Work with varied clients because data is data it doesn't have a side, we work with plaintiffs and defendants we've worked with DOJ and various governmental departments. He is the CEO and founder.

We do audio forensics and clarify audio to remove background sounds (interruption with objection) police cameras clean up those video that are lowlight and clarify their cameras. Cell phone forensics and cell tower forensics.

Cases: fortune 500, pro per (repping themselves in small case) clients, defamation, criminal, civil cases, dept of defense to identify a voice etc.) in federal and various state courts, we just finished a one overseas.

I believe the attorneys said during the lunch break that JD's team couldn't ask questions during the UK trial. Which seems very unfair.

They could. It was weird. How it worked was JD's lawyers introduced a witness, entered their statement into evidence and then they were immediately crossed on that statement, adversarial. After that, JD's lawyer could question them and clear things up.

But the judge would interrupt and the judge would tell them to move on from a witness. The questioning is antagonistic.

You can find transcripts to read here:

I wasn't used to it because with ours (USA), we testify from memory and get impeached if our testimony doesn't line up with the statement we made earlier. I felt they could not expand if being held to their statement out the gate.

I'd be interested if some of you read a witness being questioned and then respond with your experience with it.

Last edited:
Sky News

Former TMZ employee Morgan Tremaine takes the stand

Morgan Tremaine is now giving evidence following US entertainment TMZ's unsuccessful motion to intervene earlier today.

In 2016, he was a field assignment manager for TMZ, he tells the court, which means a go-between between news editors in the office and paparazzi. He was responsible for dispatching paparazzi to various locations based on tips and celebrity hot-spots.

Tips were received through a tip line or directly through news producers, he tells the court.

TMZ often received tips from people such as publicists, managers, B-list celebrities and lawyers, he says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni