LA - Lacey Fletcher 36, GRAPHIC, disabled, found dead, on couch for years, Jan'22 *Parents arrested*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I can't totally understand is the "why" of this? I am sure most of us here feel the same. Was there absolutely no other family on either side, even remote family members who wondered where she was or came for a surprise visit, or even a neighbor? Someone must have had some sort of inkling that she had not been seen. What about the church people, did none ever ask. There had to be people in that town who know they had a daughter and never cared to ask about her or invite her somewhere? Did the parents just lie? What was the motive to keep her like this? I am an intelligent person, (kind of!!) and I cannot come up with one possible idea of what not one but two people could be thinking in this ordeal. Thanks, Katt
This ^
I believe Sheila has three siblings two of whom live within a 10-15 mile radius

I just want us to remember what evil looks like. I agree that Lacey was dead to them years ago. This article says she died while they were away for a weekend! Also that the parents went to a doctor without Lacey in 2010 asking what to do since she wouldn't leave the couch and that doctor said to get her to the hospital. Which they never did. MHO is that the mom told the dad what to do and he was one of those weak men that did not/would not stand up to her. They are both to be blamed but there has to be a dynamic of power/control for neither of them to seek help. They probably put a blanket over her. SMDH

"Home schooling" in this case caused that Lacey lost contact with professionals/ counsellors at school depriving her of adequate treatment.

From the age of 14/15 she was at the mercy of her parents, cut off from others.

Her misery started from this decision in my opinion.
I doubt these predators ever worried about actually educating her at home. Some say that just to keep outsiders out of their affairs.

Sorry for multiple posts. I only logged on to see any update. Having followed true crime for years, I believe they are investigating everyone around them - coworkers, family, friends, neighbors, etc. to get an accurate timeline of what happened. Also making sure no doctors ever saw her and gave them medical advice. I know this seems minor, but I once had a coworker that would leave wet clothes in the dryer for too long, then throw them in the dryer. All her clothes would smell moldy/mildewy. I think you know what I mean. Another coworker bought a salvage car that had been flooded. He reeked of that same smell. In both cases everyone whispered about it but no one would confront them because it was embarrassing. I can imagine that especially if she was in a position of power, people were reluctant to confront it. I think while we will never, ever understand how things got to this, but I feel we will learn more details once the investigation is complete. . If the parents are being evaluated for mental issues, they may try mental issues as a defense. My feeling is that they are negotiating a plea deal. Nobody, nobody would want this horrific story to be blasted in a trial. I just really pray they serve time. Mom seemed to have siblings nearby. If it were my sibling, I would tell them to accept whatever their fate is (as it is surely deserved) and get this over with for everyone's sake.

This article says a neighbor came over and saw Lacey, and told the parents they had to call 911.

Apparently, it’s still just a rumor about the neighbor telling the parents to call 911. Have we seen that in MSM? This blog has some unreliable info…still talking about “locked in” syndrome.

Here’s what the linked blog post said…
On January 3, 2022 around 2am, Sheila Fletcher called 911 to report that Lacey was not breathing. It is unclear why she decided to call at that time, but some reports say that a neighbor was present in the home and told her she had to call authorities.

Robert Blades said ‘There was one neighbor here, we don’t know who it was, had supposedly seen Lacey on the couch like that and told the parents they had to call the police,’ he said. ‘And that’s what we were told. I don’t know how much truth there is in that.’

Apparently, it’s still just a rumor about the neighbor telling the parents to call 911. Have we seen that in MSM? This blog has some unreliable info…still talking about “locked in” syndrome.

Here’s what the linked blog post said…
On January 3, 2022 around 2am, Sheila Fletcher called 911 to report that Lacey was not breathing. It is unclear why she decided to call at that time, but some reports say that a neighbor was present in the home and told her she had to call authorities.

Robert Blades said ‘There was one neighbor here, we don’t know who it was, had supposedly seen Lacey on the couch like that and told the parents they had to call the police,’ he said. ‘And that’s what we were told. I don’t know how much truth there is in that.’
That's exactly why I don't care for blogs and podcasts. Their business is to get lots of views and listeners. I believe they strive to sensationalize and add tidbits that aren't actual facts. But that's how they make money.

It’s a small house - under 1800sqft. The stench! I wonder if they ever ordered pizza…perhaps there’s an adult who remembers that weird place he delivered to back in high school. Or trick-or-treaters? I wonder if they had landscapers, gutter-cleaners, power-washers, painters. The exterior looks well-maintained. Did anyone even get a peek, or were the curtains always drawn?

The father was not employed?
Clay resigned from the Baton Rouge Civil War Roundtable in the wake of the disturbing news while Sheila, a former town alderman, is reportedly on leave from a job as an assistant to the Zachary city prosecutor.

State business filings show Clay Fletcher is an officer of the nonprofit Baton Rouge Civil War Roundtable, which has a mission “to educate and foster an appreciation for the sacrifices made by all during the Civil War.”

Both parents are 64 so the father may have had other jobs prior to his work in the non-profit. It's amazing that both held jobs requiring much interaction with the public and yet chose to keep their ill child from prying eyes. They might as well have kept Lacey chained in the basement all these decades.

I can't imagine the nightmare Lacey lived. I have no sympathy for her parents; IMO they are heartless monsters just like the other parents we read about in threads here who have murdered their kids.

Her starvation would have been painful. Her pressure sores were probably excruciating. Maggots living in her hair. The swelling from osteomyelitis - infection in her bones, caused by fungus and bacteria, was extremely painful. And of course, her ultimate cause of death - sepsis - well, not only painful but treatable if caught early. Lacey's parents did not treat it but instead left her to sit in her own **** on a disgusting couch.

How dare they blame Lacey by saying it was her choice and stubbornness that kept her fused to that couch. IMO it was their responsibility to pick up the dang phone and call for help!

P.S. Are there any other pictures of Lacey as an adult besides the single one posted in various msm?

Clay resigned from the Baton Rouge Civil War Roundtable in the wake of the disturbing news while Sheila, a former town alderman, is reportedly on leave from a job as an assistant to the Zachary city prosecutor.

State business filings show Clay Fletcher is an officer of the nonprofit Baton Rouge Civil War Roundtable, which has a mission “to educate and foster an appreciation for the sacrifices made by all during the Civil War.”

Both parents are 64 so the father may have had other jobs prior to his work in the non-profit. It's amazing that both held jobs requiring much interaction with the public and yet chose to keep their ill child from prying eyes. They might as well have kept Lacey chained in the basement all these decades.

I can't imagine the nightmare Lacey lived. I have no sympathy for her parents; IMO they are heartless monsters just like the other parents we read about in threads here who have murdered their kids.

Her starvation would have been painful. Her pressure sores were probably excruciating. Maggots living in her hair. The swelling from osteomyelitis - infection in her bones, caused by fungus and bacteria, was extremely painful. And of course, her ultimate cause of death - sepsis - well, not only painful but treatable if caught early. Lacey's parents did not treat it but instead left her to sit in her own **** on a disgusting couch.

How dare they blame Lacey by saying it was her choice and stubbornness that kept her fused to that couch. IMO it was their responsibility to pick up the dang phone and call for help!

P.S. Are there any other pictures of Lacey as an adult besides the single one posted in various msm?
I thought this Baton Rouge..... was a kind of hobby, not a regular job.

I thought this Baton Rouge..... was a kind of hobby, not a regular job.
Yeah, it's not clear if he received a salary as an officer in the organization. No mention of his previous employment that I can find but it appears he invested much time in the Baton Rouge Civil War Roundtable, hobby or not.

The Red Cross, for example, pays its officers. Other non-profits are strictly voluntary. I was once a board member of a huge astronomy club and received no pay.

I suspect Clay Fletcher held other jobs but I can't find the info.

Clay Fletcher’s parents died in 2007 and 2021.

https://obits.theadvocate.com/us/obituaries/theadvocate/name/donald-fletcher-obituary?id=25895465

https://obits.theadvocate.com/us/obituaries/theadvocate/name/rita-fletcher-obituary?id=21041435

You can see all the surviving relatives. Clay had a lot of siblings and Lacey only had one cousin on her dad’s side who was ten years older.

Sheila’s father died in 2009 and I think her mother is still living.

https://obits.theadvocate.com/us/obituaries/theadvocate/name/amos-mcculloch-obituary?id=24436370

Sheila also has several siblings and the obit lists many, many grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

One of Sheila’s sisters is Mona Almond who is an alderman for the town of Slaughter just like Sheila was.

Government | Town of Slaughter, Louisiana

So they had plenty of family, surely they weren’t all close but Sheila and Clay had more than enough opportunity and I would think some of these people knew exactly what was happening but still nothing was done.

Sheila also had a Twitter that has been deleted.

You can see the only archived link from several years ago but if you search sfletcher57 on Twitter in replies to her she was tweeting up until the first news articles came out in April.

https://web.archive.org/web/20190528021220/Twitter.com/sfletcher57

Clay Fletcher’s parents died in 2007 and 2021.

https://obits.theadvocate.com/us/obituaries/theadvocate/name/donald-fletcher-obituary?id=25895465

https://obits.theadvocate.com/us/obituaries/theadvocate/name/rita-fletcher-obituary?id=21041435

You can see all the surviving relatives. Clay had a lot of siblings and Lacey only had one cousin on her dad’s side who was ten years older.

Sheila’s father died in 2009 and I think her mother is still living.

https://obits.theadvocate.com/us/obituaries/theadvocate/name/amos-mcculloch-obituary?id=24436370

Sheila also has several siblings and the obit lists many, many grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

One of Sheila’s sisters is Mona Almond who is an alderman for the town of Slaughter just like Sheila was.

Government | Town of Slaughter, Louisiana

So they had plenty of family, surely they weren’t all close but Sheila and Clay had more than enough opportunity and I would think some of these people knew exactly what was happening but still nothing was done.

Sheila also had a Twitter that has been deleted.

You can see the only archived link from several years ago but if you search sfletcher57 on Twitter in replies to her she was tweeting up until the first news articles came out in April.

https://web.archive.org/web/20190528021220/Twitter.com/sfletcher57
Thank you esm3! So good to get a fuller picture of the situation. Seems the more we learn, the more questions we have. I assume they will make a plea deal. I mean, who in the world would want this to go to trial? There is no defense whatsoever that any juror would hear to explain this madness. But I do hope the DA or Prosecutor requires full disclosure and timeline.

Not sure if this has been brought up, but what did Lacey do for the entirety of her time on the couch? Did her parents provide her with any form of entertainment? The mental decline of her situation would have been a nightmare, especially without anything to do.

Not sure if this has been brought up, but what did Lacey do for the entirety of her time on the couch? Did her parents provide her with any form of entertainment? The mental decline of her situation would have been a nightmare, especially without anything to do.
I thought I read there were Disney movies on a table next to her. I don't remember what else was nearby or what the parents said she did all day.

If only they had taken action many years ago! I don't understand it.

I thought I read there were Disney movies on a table next to her. I don't remember what else was nearby or what the parents said she did all day.

If only they had taken action many years ago! I don't understand it.
"On a table next to her" but yet she apparently couldn't/wouldn't get off the couch. Her parents are assholes.

Also, sorry for the double post. I'm new here and didn't quote MsBetsy when I meant to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam