VERDICT WATCH VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel hearing this reflection of who she is and how others actually see her could be a trigger to real tears. A look in the mirror is tough.

Unfortunately, I think it could take some time for her to come to this realisation, if ever.

I do hope for her and her daughter's sake she will one day.

ETA: "her daughter"

Unfortunately, I think it could take some time for her to come to this realisation, if ever.

I do hope for her sake she will one day.

I agree with this. I feel that she’s not a good person, but I don’t wish harm on her. I hope she’s able to find some sort of emotional peace and raises her child decently. Ideally out of the public eye forever.

Sky News

'Imagine that was Mr Depp saying that to Ms Heard'

Johnny Depp's lawyer Camille Vasquez now takes the jury through testimony from previous witnesses, including Amber Heard's former PA Kate James - who told the court Heard would send her "barrages" of abusive messages and once spat in her face.

Another witness testified to hearing Heard call Depp "washed up", a "*advertiser censored***** c***" and a "deadbeat dad", Ms Vasquez says. She hit Depp where it hurts - "his children", the lawyer tells the court.

Ms Vasquez says witnesses saw Heard "clawing and grabbing" at Depp on one occasion.

But most importantly, she says, there are audio recordings of Heard "admitting to being physically violent with Mr Depp".

One of these is played now, and Heard can be heard saying she remembers hitting him.

"I'm sorry I hit you... I just reacted in response to my foot," she can be heard saying. In another, she can be heard saying she was "hitting" Depp rather than punching him. "I did not *advertiser censored***** deck you. I was hitting you... you're fine... you're a *advertiser censored***** baby... I did start a physical fight."

Ms Vasquez urges the jury to take a minute to think about what they have just heard. "Imagine that was Mr Depp saying that to Ms Heard."

"This is the real Ms Heard," says the lawyer. Not the Ms Heard jurors have seen in the courtroom.

Ms Vasquez says that in no recordings does Depp ever admit hitting Heard. "It doesn't exist. It didn't happen."

She also says that despite the fact the couple speak about many of the alleged incidents discussed during the trial, "you never hear Ms Heard accuse Mr Depp of sexual assault."

While Depp has owned up to past "mistakes and struggles, particularly with drugs and alcohol", Ms Vasquez says, Heard "will not admit that she has ever done anything wrong".

She later says Heard's "narrative" is "lies upon lies".

I feel hearing this reflection of who she is and how others actually see her could be a trigger to real tears. A look in the mirror is tough.
Yes... which is why she put on the homeliest glasses she could dig out of the the back of her armoire and started writing on a legal pad, lol.

I loved Camille clearly involuntarily (IMO) tightening her little jaw in anger, as the audio got nastier and nastier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member