Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #52

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I’m wondering why it takes a Lawyer AND a Social Worker to fly to South Carolina to collect these records.

Um….FedEx? UPS?

I also wonder why those records weren’t secured at the start of the mental health evaluation. Seems to me that her complete mental health records should have accompanied Tee to the State Hospital.

I hate this woman.

I was thinking the same thing. I mean they had their 3/17 hearing & could have started the process then to secure the records. How come they always wait until the next hearing - say - oh we need to do this & that - when they had time to do that for a month.... And yeah - UPS or FedEx would be a lot cheaper too.

I was thinking the same thing. I mean they had their 3/17 hearing & could have started the process then to secure the records. How come they always wait until the next hearing - say - oh we need to do this & that - when they had time to do that for a month.... And yeah - UPS or FedEx would be a lot cheaper too.

It seems such a slap dash way of doing things. Mind you, this lot aren't the only clan to be dragging their heels, playing for time, arghhhhhh, and breath.

It seems such a slap dash way of doing things. Mind you, this lot aren't the only clan to be dragging their heels, playing for time, arghhhhhh, and breath.

Yes, following a few of those... dragging their heels... It sure gets frustrating for us - waiting... and waiting...
impatient1.gif
for justice for the victims!

I guess I’m wondering why it takes a Lawyer AND a Social Worker to fly to South Carolina to collect these records.

Um….FedEx? UPS?

I also wonder why those records weren’t secured at the start of the mental health evaluation. Seems to me that her complete mental health records should have accompanied Tee to the State Hospital.

I hate this woman.

Yes, this exactly. What, did they just find out yesterday that they need these records??

And if the judge subpoenas them, can't they just be over-nighted? They are taking the longest possible way of doing anything, but only delaying the inevitable.

Unbelievable, this woman...

Um….FedEx? UPS?

I hate this woman.
https://twitter.com/nataliechuck/status/1517226029869199361?s=21&t=6tS24Hn9jQoI47aLSakKrA

Defense says they are heading to South Carolina soon to get Stauch's records. These records are needed for a mental health report from the state hospital, which they think they can have done by the end of May.
IMO, I'd say we have a defense that wants to control the narrative by personally having the "first dig" at clarifying and/or questioning the defendant's reports with the author/creator in advance of allowing the prosecutor to do the same.

Its taking so long for justice for Gannon. At least that's monster is in jail. I really don't care how long it takes, as long as they do it right so she can get nothing on appeal.
LS will never have a day as a free person again I have not doubt, but I do want to see her sit her azz in a courtroom and face a jury of her peers. No more hiding by this evil person.

Gannon deserves justice.

Thursday, June 9th:
*Status Conference Hearing (murder) & Review Hearing (escape) (@ 1:30pm MT) – CO – Gannon Stauch (11) (missing Jan. 27, 2020, Colorado Springs; found Mar. 17, 2020 in Pace, FL., Santa Rosa County) – *Letecia Lynn (or Leann) Stauch (36/now 38) aka Letecia “Tecia” Lynn Hardin (maiden name) & Letecia Lynn Hunt (1st married name) Tiffany Taylor Stauch & Taylor Swift arrested (in Myrtle Beach, S.C. 3/2/20) & advised of charges (3/5/20) & formally charged & arraigned (3/11/20) with 1st degree murder of a child under 12, child abuse resulting in death, tampering with deceased human body & tampering with physical evidence. No plea entered. Held without bond. [see below for re-filed charges].
Charged (re-filed 3/20/20) & arraigned (11/4/21) with 2 counts of 1st degree felony murder (after intent & deliberation), 2nd degree felony child abuse resulting in death, 3rd degree felony tampering with deceased human body, 6th degree felony tampering with physical evidence & 8 counts of crime of violence (special enhancer: firearm, blunt instrument, knife or sharp instrument & causing the death of Gannon). Held without bond. Plead not guilty. On 2/11/22 changed plea to not guilty by reason of insanity.
Charged (filed 5/20/20) & charged (6/5/20) with solicitation to commit escape. $2K bond. Plead not guilty.
Trial was set to begin on 3/28/22 was vacated.
Case & court info from 3/2/20 to 2/11/22 reference post #707 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...o-county-27-jan-2020-arrest-51.585803/page-36

3/17/22 Update: Status conference hearing for murder & the review hearing for escape attempt have been moved to 4/14/22 @ 3pm. 3/17/22 Update: Now status conference hearing for murder & the review hearing for escape attempt have been moved to 4/21/22 @ 1:30pm.
4/21/22 Update: Stauch needs more time for medical professionals to complete a mental health evaluation, causing another delay in her trial. Evaluators found Stauch competent to stand trial twice, which means medical professionals believe she is aware of what's going on in trial & capable of assisting her attorneys with her defense. However, her attorneys are now alleging that she was not capable of understanding what was going on at the time of the murder. In court Thursday, Stauch's attorneys communicated to Judge Gregory Werner that those evaluators need more time to complete their report, possibly through May. Stauch's court-appointed defense counsel, Josh Tolini, told Judge Werner that he's planning to go to South Carolina next week to get access to some records for her evaluation. It appears the medical professionals want to complete a follow-up interview with Stauch after they receive access to those records. Stauch's next court appearance is scheduled for 6/9/22, to give evaluators enough time to complete their reports.

COLORADO SPRINGS — An El Paso County judge could make a ruling in the Letecia Stauch murder trial Thursday.

Stauch was arrested on murder charges in connection with her 11-year-old stepson, Gannon Stauch, after she reported him missing in January 2020.

[. ]

Stauch inititally pled “not guilty”, but later changed it to “not guilty by reason of insanity” and her defense lawyers filed a motion to waive a jury trial.

A judge said he would not make a ruling on that motion without a report on her mental status. The results of Stauch’s mental evaluation are expected to be released by the state hospital on Thursday.

This article will be updated.

Can the Court not force her to be present? It makes me sick that she continues to defy procedure.

I imagine it matters if you have a strong judge. Then again, he may feel she would present some problems. There should be security for that,

LS tried several varieties of "no show" last year using the excuse that she couldn't use her hands to go to the library and wasn't prepared. Then it was that she was denied her meds and this would prevent her from entering the courtroom, but maybe she might be able to "listen" outside the courtroom! It was ridiculous and Judge Werner had enough. Since then, LS actually has a strict decorum and process she's required to follow to request an excused absence from the court. I don't recall the exact number of days (not hours) notice she has to provide the court if she needs to be excused from attending her hearing but I recall it's significant. MOO

ETA: In response to LS antics last year, I recall she had her Law Library privileges revoked for 90 days. I don't recall if her name was ever reinstated to be on the list after the suspension was completed.

Last edited:
@Cindizzi -- our wizard and archivist of all courtroom drama ;)-- Do you recall how many days notice the Judge ordered LS to give the court for an excused absence from court after she repeatedly played her manipulation game and would refuse to attend in person or didn't want to enter but instead, wanted to listen from behind the door?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member