VA - Johnny Depp's defamation case against ex Amber Heard, who countersued #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were okayed not to show up by judicial motion; he had a concert tour in the UK; and as of yesterday, they were also saying she wouldn’t show up either. Today’s appearance on her part was a huge about-face.

Plus, that was his mulleted local security guy behind Camille and Ben outside. Clearly someone had been worried about any or all participants’ safety, IMO.
That’s what my thoughts are. Could be there were safety concerns.

I am so relieved that justice prevailed, despite so many blatantly damning things (against AH) being kept out of the trial. Thank goodness the jury saw through the lies and the manipulation.

While I am a bit disappointed that one of Waldman's statements was found as defamatory, I concede that perhaps the evidence presented didn't support that one statement about AH's friends also being part of the hoax. I think that ended up being the sticking point, because the other two statements she lost were about HER hoax. My takeaway is that the jury believe SHE alone is responsible for the false allegations, and that maybe her friends believed her stories.

I notice that some media outlets are trying to sell headlines that it was a draw. That is not the case. JD won his defamation case on ALL COUNTS. And now AH owes him $8.35 million in damages. Even though the punitive damages is capped, the jury wanted to give him $5 million, but AH? Nothing. That is very telling. It shows that she had the malice in the eyes of the jury.

Thank goodness the trial was publicly televised. Can you imagine the narratives that would have been spun with MSM as the only arbiters of "what happened".

Yes, WH looked totally angry. Who was in the back of the truck and placed his arm around AH's back when she scooted into the truck?
Who is WH? Anyway, I thought AH handled the verdict with a degree of dignity, and in the video I saw of her leaving the court house, she was expressionless, certainly not angry.

Her lies and her 'mountain full of evidence' with no medical records to back her up didn't get her anywhere with this trial. If it were me I would be so embarrassed that I was exposed as a manipulating woman. so many things she said, did and even her body language and facial expressions gave her away, I would not want to appeal. I think I would want to hide for a long time but she is a different breed of woman. Does she believe her lies?
For someone who looked at that jury everyday trying to garner sympathy and get them to side with her, she sure could not, did not look at them today.

The first time I read your post, I misread it. I actually think it sums it up best in the way that I misread it:
her "MOUTH full of evidence". She kept touting mountains of evidence, but all she had was words, an act, an ever-growing story that doesn't match previous stories. The evidence presented actually backed up NO abuse by Johnny.

Thank you everyone here for allowing me to follow along with you. I have a few people in my close circle that although they do not proclaim AH as a saint, they still believe she was abused. I refuse to spar with them, so it was nice to come here an talk amongst like minded people!

Last edited:
Frankly, I agree. Depp should have been in court for the verdict. Amber Heard was there. Even though Depp won, he let Amber win the parting shot in the court of public perception. Maybe by showing up, Amber showed herself not to be a the completely detestable person the verdict reflected--at least she had the decency to be there for the verdict, unlike Depp. IMO. And his excuse--playing guitar with Jeff Beck?? I mean, come on! He should have been there,

I appreciate that you have a different opinion than I do. I will explain why I am okay with him not being there today. IMVHO, Johnny Depp wanted to be done with AH. He had had it with her abuse - verbal, physical, possibly financial - and he wanted to be done. He didn't contest her TRO or her statements in the divorce. He wanted to move forward and move on from the toxicity that was their relationship. BUT, she didn't!! She couldn't let go, so she published the op-ed even after the TMZ and other publications. This is where she crossed the line. Johnny couldn't let it go at this point because now it was affecting not just him, but it affected his family, his kids especially! She destroyed his career with lies in one fail swoop - luckily it may prove to be only a short lived destroy. Booooo to Disney!!

He struck back and told the world his truth! He was able to set the record straight and he kept his promise to never let her see his eyes again. Now, he can FINALLY move forward and move on. Hopefully! I have a feeling this little evil monster will not go quietly in to the night. I fear she will raiser her ugly head yet a gain. She CAN'T leave him alone. Her personality disorders and her need for attention won't let her. I am proud of JD and very proud of his team. Again, it really touched me to see his attorney Ben choke up when talking about the hurt to JD's kids.

Last edited:
I am glad that JD didnt show up for the verdict. He had a longstanding commitment to play with the band and it was more important, at THIS point in time, for him to do that. Music is his future, this verdict is his past. JMO

Last edited:
Idk… If I were Waldman, I think I’d be holding myself responsible for my own words. He’s the attorney and knew better, IMO.
True, but at the time, Depp was feeling a tsunami of backlash against him from Amber's false accusations. He was blindsided.

Waldman knew that it would take an extreme statement from them to get any attention to try and fight back somehow. It was risky bit I think it was worth it in the end.

I appreciate that you have a different opinion than I do. I will explain why I am okay with him not being there today. IMVHO, Johnny Depp wanted to be done with AH. He had had it with her abuse - verbal, physical, possibly financial - and he wanted to be done. He didn't contest her TRO or her statements in the divorce. He wanted to move forward and move on from the toxicity that was their relationship. BUT, she didn't!! She couldn't let go, so she published the op-ed even after the TMZ and other publications. This is where she crossed the line. Johnny couldn't let it go at this point because now it was affecting not just him, but it affected his family, his kids especially! He struck back and told the world his truth! He was able to set the record straight and he kept his promise to never let her see his eyes again. Now, he can FINALLY move forward and move on. Hopefully! I have a feeling this little evil monster will not go quietly in to the night. I fear she will raiser her ugly head yet a gain. She CAN'T leave him alone. Her personality disorders and her need for attention won't let her. I am proud of JD and very proud of his team. Again, it really touched me to see his attorney Ben choke up when talking about the hurt to JD's kids.

THIS, especially

He was able to set the record straight and he kept his promise to never let her see his eyes again.

I am very happy that he has done what he set out to do.

Although we all loved the Jack Sparrow character, I feel it is Depp's turn to determine how the rest of his life plays out, especially with his family. We don't need to make him jump through hoops like that.

I hope some day he'll turn up on screen in a surprise scene, with a twinkle in his eye, to let us in on the joke.

But right now he has 6 years of his life to get back. Well done, sir.

Hi @carlymichelle,

I can't see an Appeal happening in this case and certainly not brought by her group of lawyers now who likely won't be receiving any payment soon - if what A.H. asserts is true (about already paying millions out to her lawyers).

At 0.25 of the following video, 2 of the lawyers confirm that "defamation civil cases" can be appealed.

It is up to the Appellant Court as to whether or not there is enough "legal merit" in the case for them to accept the appeal case and put it on the docket.

So, nothing about the facts of the case - only the "rule of law" in the case .

I noticed throughout the trial that the Judge seemed absolutely fair to both sides.
(This is only my opinion after legal research, and I am not a lawyer.)
I have seen several attorneys discussing how fair and unbiased this judge was. And they said she really protected this case from having many appealable decisions because she ALWAYS denied hearsay evidence and was very conservative with evidence admissions.

So if AH tries to appeal, there might not be a lot of winnable appeal points. One attorney did mention the possibility of appealing upon the grounds that the judges time constraints prevented them from adequately presenting all of their case---but to do so they would have to show what important evidence they had to hold out---and that might be hard to do.

The " Mountains of Evidence" claim by AH needs to be retired.
The jury has spoken, and it is obvious that there was none of that evidence available or allowed to be accepted as evidence.
Ms Heard needs to move on

Frankly, I agree. Depp should have been in court for the verdict. Amber Heard was there. Even though Depp won, he let Amber win the parting shot in the court of public perception. Maybe by showing up, Amber showed herself not to be a the completely detestable person the verdict reflected--at least she had the decency to be there for the verdict, unlike Depp. IMO. And his excuse--playing guitar with Jeff Beck?? I mean, come on! He should have been there,
I see your point but I disagree.

In effect, he did show what his priorities were. His priority was to have the chance to tell his side of the horror story, in public. And to offer evidence proving his claims. He did so.

He always said that the damages were not important to him, it was most important to share his story so he could get back on with his life. So that is what he is doing now.

Playing guitar onstage with Jeff Beck is his life long dream. It was something that was set up a year ago. So now he has the chance to fulfil that dream. And it is especially fulfilling after the last 6 weeks of emotional turbulence.

So his priority has been upheld in my opinion. He told his story, set forth his case----then left it to the attorneys and the jury to rule on the evidence. There was nothing left for him to do in VA at that point. Sitting at that table was not a priority because it was his past, not his future.

Playing music with the best musicians in the world--that is his future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member