OK - 4 people killed at a medical complex, shooter is dead, Tulsa, 1 Jun 2022

According to this story: "Since January, there have been 12 shootings where four or more people have been killed, according to The Associated Press/USA TODAY/Northeastern University mass killing database. Those shootings have left 76 dead, including 31 adults and children in Buffalo and Texas, the database says. The death toll does not include the suspects in the shootings." BBM

I can attest to the fact that pain following back surgery can be excruciating. I had a fusion surgery in January. I was given narcotics for pain. I could not have managed my pain without the narcotics. So I wonder if this man was given any pain medication. If not, why not?

I’m not excusing his actions at all. We may find out the shooter had anger management issues prior to this incident. My condolences to the families of these innocent victims.

I am a receptionist in an ancillary building at a hospital, I have a panic button, but I just called security over to answer some questions and train me, I guess we all have to be prepared.

I am guessing if the weapons were purchased day of as this article states they mean they were picked up day of... there is a waiting period right?

I can attest to the fact that pain following back surgery can be excruciating. I had a fusion surgery in January. I was given narcotics for pain. I could not have managed my pain without the narcotics. So I wonder if this man was given any pain medication. If not, why not?

I’m not excusing his actions at all. We may find out the shooter had anger management issues prior to this incident. My condolences to the families of these innocent victims.

We don't know yet if he had anger issues, but in this article the picture of him looks to me like a mug shot---weird expression on his face and what look to me like those height lines behind him. Which, if true, would indicate he had ongoing issues prior to this.

I feel for you with the back pain, but unfortunately that is typical with back surgery. One of my friends had back surgery twice, which was excruciating both times. He wouldn't have killed his surgeon though, and neither would you, I'm sure.

Perhaps he couldn't tolerate the pain and maybe wanted too many narcotics from Dr. Phillips? Which the doctor had to refuse? Just speculating.

But this murderer was able to get himself over to the hospital to wreak havoc, so he wasn't immobilized by pain.

Jmo and speculation.

This article also has info and pix on all four victims. Dr. Phillips was apparently doing the work of a saint, traveling the world to provide medical care for the underprivileged.

In a touching tribute posted early Thursday, a colleague who went on medical missions with Phillips to Africa said the late doctor was an inspiration to him.

“Dr. Phillips, I thought we were preparing to go on a surgical mission in Togo, but I found out yesterday during a shooting at work that a gunman took you away from me, our mission team, your family, your patients and the Togolese people,” Dr. Komi Folly posted on Facebook.

“You told me last week at work during lunchtime to not stop this project in Togo in case something happens to you,” Folly’s post continued. “I did not know that you were giving me the last advice for our journey.”

We don't know yet if he had anger issues, but in this article the picture of him looks to me like a mug shot---weird expression on his face and what look to me like those height lines behind him. Which, if true, would indicate he had ongoing issues prior to this.

I feel for you with the back pain, but unfortunately that is typical with back surgery. One of my friends had back surgery twice, which was excruciating both times. He wouldn't have killed his surgeon though, and neither would you, I'm sure.

Perhaps he couldn't tolerate the pain and maybe wanted too many narcotics from Dr. Phillips? Which the doctor had to refuse? Just speculating.

But this murderer was able to get himself over to the hospital to wreak havoc, so he wasn't immobilized by pain.

Jmo and speculation.

This article also has info and pix on all four victims. Dr. Phillips was apparently doing the work of a saint, traveling the world to provide medical care for the underprivileged.

I’ve had 2 back surgeries also. So yeah you are right, if he was in that much pain, he could not have withstood the agony of moving around with a gun. He would have ripped open his incision.
JMO

Tulsa doctor was targeted by patient in ongoing pain after back surgery. Nurse, receptionist and another patient were also killed in shooting that took the doctor’s life and the life of the shooter as well.

Last edited:

Mass Shooting In Tulsa, Oklahoma Leaves Gunman, 4 Dead

YTulsa is a great town with a very professional town government and police force.
its also a very clean and well maintained city. Lots of pretty trees.

Last edited:
Looks likes a targeted killing. Michael Louis is likely an injustice collector or grudge hoarder. Similar to Salvador Ramos, Payton Gendron, Vester Flanagan, Elliot Rodger, Adam Lanza, Eric Harris, Seung-Hui Cho, Nikolas Cruz, Stephen Paddock, Bum-Kon Woo, Anders Breivik, and Osama bin Laden.

“Phillips was found dead in an exam room in the Warren Clinic Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine on the second floor, according to Franklin. He said cops rescued an elderly woman hiding under a desk at the feet of Louis’ body.”

I can’t get this out of my head. Any of this actually.

Unfortunately a lot of folks don't realize the danger a receptionist is often in, it was her job to keep people from getting back and she was shot . So very sad for all involved.
I've done reception many times for a few different government offices and I'm always very anxious about this type of situation happening at work.

Many of the mass killings recently have a higher number of casualties and include young children. MSM seems not to devote as much news coverage to this recent slaughter of 4 people of Tulsa's medical community. Is it less newsworthy? My opinion.

I am a receptionist in an ancillary building at a hospital, I have a panic button, but I just called security over to answer some questions and train me, I guess we all have to be prepared.

I am guessing if the weapons were purchased day of as this article states they mean they were picked up day of... there is a waiting period right?
Oklahoma has no law mandating a waiting period, but some Democratic lawmakers called for a special session of the Legislature to address it among other gun violence measures after the Tulsa shooting.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back