UT UT - Dylan Rounds, 19, wkg on farm, “weird run-in” with a guy walking on gravel rd, no phone & CC activity, Lucin, Box Elder Co, 25 May 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADMIN NOTE

Welcome to the new members who have joined to discuss missing person Dylan Rounds.
We are glad you are here, and regret the difficult circumstances that brought you to this forum. Websleuths has intentionally established a set of comprehensive rules for this website in order to maintain it’s reputation as the gold standard in true crime discussion boards. Ir is expected of every member to review and adhere to the Terms of Service we all agreed to when we joined. The TOS are linked in my signature below.

Members who are close to the case and would like to share info without providing the REQUIRED links to the info you are posting must apply and be approved for Verified Insider status. Otherwise posts that violate that TOS will be removed, as will replies to those posts. The Verified Insider process is also linked below in my signature.

THANK YOU for your efforts to post respectfully and responsibly as valued members of Websleuths.

CocoChanel
Admin/Moderator

Last edited:

“An investigation into his disappearance and whereabouts is ongoing,” said a post from the Box Elder County Sheriff’s Department.
Anyone with information may contact them at 435-723-5227 or the Elko County Sheriff’s Department, which has also been advised about the missing person report.
“All the information we are getting leads us to believe he is still in Utah,” said Undersheriff Justin Ames.
BBM: That is certainly promising.

Nothing new. :(

Box Elder County Sheriff's Department
Update 6/3/22 - This continues to be an active missing person investigation. We are working diligently to locate Dylan and continue to follow up on tips that we receive. We currently have no updated information on new locations to search, but are still searching the Lucin area. We would like to thank all those who are and who have assisted us during this week, including Box Elder County Sheriff's Search And Rescue, Weber County Sheriff's Office Search and Rescue, Elko County Sheriff's Office, Utah Department of Public Safety, and Utah Search Dogs. This is a public post that any person, business, or government agency is encouraged to share.

284997644_325376433113939_2565249070869989358_n.jpg

Update 6/3/22 - This continues to be an active missing person investigation. We are working diligently to locate Dylan and continue to follow up on tips that we receive. We currently have no updated information on new locations to search, but are still searching the Lucin area. We would like to thank all those who are and who have assisted us during this week, including Box Elder County Sheriff's Search And Rescue, Weber County Sheriff's Office Search and Rescue, Elko County Sheriff's Office, Utah Department of Public Safety, and Utah Search Dogs. This is a public post that any person, business, or government agency is encouraged to share.
May be an image of 2 people and text that says 'MISSING PERSON DYLAN ROUNDS LAST SEEN IN LUCIN UTAH ON 5-25-22 19 YEARS OLD- 5'10 160 LBS BROWN HAIR & EYES An investigation into his disapperance and wherabouts is ongoing. If you have information please call the Box Elder County Sheriff's Office. 435-723-5227, 435-734-3894, 301-394-1601, 435-257-3131'

Something that I read on the 1st page has niggled at me:

“We don’t believe anything was ransacked,” Wells explains. “Dylan is missing, his phone is missing and his wallet.”

Noting Dylan’s age, Wells says some people seem to think Dylan ran off, but she suspects foul play.

He is an old soul, farm boy at heart. All he wants to do is get up and work all day every day. He isn’t interested in partying, he isn’t interested in travel. He never dated in high school. He’s not your typical 19-year-old,” Wells says.

Okay, I look hard at his picture and I find it hard to believe that the ONLY thing he ever wants to do is get up and work all day every day...

Maybe that is what his family believes and maybe that is what he was like as a child, but I think there might be more to his story that he hasn't shared with his family. Not anything bad necessarily, but maybe something sensitive or hard to discuss with them?

Something that I read on the 1st page has niggled at me:

“We don’t believe anything was ransacked,” Wells explains. “Dylan is missing, his phone is missing and his wallet.”

Noting Dylan’s age, Wells says some people seem to think Dylan ran off, but she suspects foul play.

He is an old soul, farm boy at heart. All he wants to do is get up and work all day every day. He isn’t interested in partying, he isn’t interested in travel. He never dated in high school. He’s not your typical 19-year-old,” Wells says.

Okay, I look hard at his picture and I find it hard to believe that the ONLY thing he ever wants to do is get up and work all day every day...

Maybe that is what his family believes and maybe that is what he was like as a child, but I think there might be more to his story that he hasn't shared with his family. Not anything bad necessarily, but maybe something sensitive or hard to discuss with
With all due respect , that’s an odd assumption to make of a person you’ve never met. Especially by just looking at a photograph.

With all due respect , that’s an odd assumption to make of a person you’ve never met. Especially by just looking at a photograph.
I don't think it's an assumption at all, much less an odd one, to state that most 19 year old boys want to do things besides work on a farm.

If that's truly the only thing a 19 year old wanted to do, with no interest in ever dating or having friends, I would wonder if they perhaps had special needs.

Welcome to Websleuths, @Idahofarmer !

Most of us try some out-of-the-box thinking at different points in the threads we read & post within.

We don't know Mr. Rounds, or his family of course, but many of us think of people we know who might be similar & sometimes post ideas that later prove to be off-course.

In other threads, many of us have discussed the region culture in this area -- Montana, Idaho, Utah.

We welcome your local input. Would you consider it typical for a young man in the area to be focused solely on farming?

Mr. Rounds is from Utah, working in Idaho. About 2/3 of the people living in Utah are LDS, and about 1/4 of the people in Idaho. Mormon Population By State

Is Mr. Rounds LDS? At 19, has he completed a mission, planning for his mission, earning money to buy items needed for his mission?

Please tell us more about farming in Idaho, I know very little about it & learn every day here on Websleuths!

Last edited:
- Dylan Rounds, 19, is originally from eastern Idaho but has spent the last three years off and on living in Lucin, Utah, near the Nevada border.

- Cooley (Dylan's Mom) says the family is offering a $20,000 reward for information leading to her son. She says he is a farmer, who often travels to the 600 plus-acre family property in Lucin by himself, spending all his time and energy working the land to produce crops.

- Cooley said he was last seen on May 25 and last heard from on Saturday May 28 when he called his grandma early in the morning. He told her he would call her back later that day but never did.

- “Dylan did not go somewhere. And Dylan did not leave this place willingly, we have come to the conclusion. His pick-up [truck] is here. All his belongings. Everything. It’s like he just vanished.” Cooley said some have suggested he may have run off. But she said that’s not in his character and she suspects foul play.

- Chief Deputy Cade Palmer with the Box Elder County Sheriff’s Office, said detectives followed up on leads on Wednesday and Thursday but came away without any new direction on his whereabouts. He says there is no evidence of foul play at this point, adding that the only thing suspicious is that—after four days—they have no new information. Palmer said crews would be ramping up their search again on Friday, with assistance from the Utah Department of Public Safety helicopter.

I'm wondering if LE has been able to gain access to his phone records, data, etc. Considering it's a very rural area, can they determine where his phone "pinged" when he called his grandma and is that the last known location? or when did his phone activity stop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy