GUILTY SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 *ARREST in 2022* #21

IIRC Hasn’t he has already told LE that he strangled her? Am I wrong?
Yes he supposedly told LE he strangled her, but its always better when physical evidence backs up the prosecution's case. Leaving COD "undetermined" is not ideal.
My opinion, he confessed so the only defense tactic will be to lower his sentence. I wonder if said confession also included a deal shielding his girlfriend from prosecution, if she was in fact in the car?
I agree its unlikely RM gave up the location of Brittanee's remains for nothing, but I really hope they didn't have to make a deal to shield AV from prosecution. If she was there, then she participated in every aspect of what occurred, and should be subject to the same punishments.

The <modsnip> kid has one arm, the FBI was really reaching with that one. No pun intended.

I'm so happy that her family has closure, even if it's not good. I can't imagine the pain of not knowing what happened and always wondering. Rest in Heavenly peace Britanee. I'm so sorry that the

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

Please read The Rules folks.

Do not bring race into this discussion.
Do not bicker with other members
Do not personalize against other members
Do not sleuth or make accusations against anyone who is not an officially named POI/suspect. If a person has been ruled out they are not an officfially named POI/suspect.

Disrespect for Websleuths Terms of Service is not tolerated and may result in a temporary or permanent loss of posting privileges.

RIP Brittanee. So sorry that one moment of free-spirited, youthful fun resulted in this horrific outcome. You are every girl, all of us, carefree and vulnerable at one point in time, a little rebellious, some of us came home, some encountered monsters in society. I am so sorry, sweetheart.
Well said , She didn't do anything different than we did .

I have been going crazy trying to get back in here, originally followed closely - I’m SeaNymph on the old archived boards. I emailed Knipes in late 2009 when I found this guy on the RSO in G’town. His address was at the bottom of the bridge of her last ping!!!! In 2011 when his name & photo hit, AGAIN. I KNEW it was him, and that he was likely the one who tried to assault two young girls near 8th South less than 2 weeks before Brittanee was taken. He should’ve NEVER been released in California!

I went back and read the thread from 2011 and I've got to hand it to you Sea Nymph. You nailed it!

MOD NOTE:
Websleuths welcomes new members who have joined to discuss this troubling case. Websleuths has an intentionally strict set of rules to follow when posting. Please review them HERE as we all agreed to them when we joined. If your post violates the Terms of Service, it is subject to removal, as are any replies that quote/can be linked back to a violating post.

Last edited:
Just saw the old Disappeared S02 episode about this BD case, given that I just started watching this series in chronological order. I remember when this happened, and I also recall that they caught the perp. earlier this year. Though the crime was horrific, it's good that the family/friends finally found out what happened so they could get closure. Several thoughts/observations/questions re: this truly horrific & sickening crime:

-This criminal scum-bag RM should never have gotten out of prison for his previous crimes.

-It looks like he was a suspect/P.O.I. of this crime in 2012, but it obviously took them ten more years to actually arrest him - due to his confession, etc.

-I know RM committed the crime, but I still don't think we know what the exact circumstances were re: how BD got into his car initially. Did he snatch BD off the street (given that it was dark when she was walking alone), or did he entice her into his car somehow?! Was his gf with him when this happened?! If he did entice BD into his car, is there video of this incident?! It's implied that there may be, but I've never seen this posted anywhere. If BD did get into the car willingly & if the gf was in the car with RM ATT, I suspect that may have been a contributing factor re: BD trusting a perfect stranger.

-If his gf was a willing participant in the crime in any way, shape, or form - she should also go to prison for this & IMHO is almost as much to blame as he is.

-It's worth noting that BD was blind in her right eye due to an issue she was born with. The source is the Wikpedia page on the crime/case: Killing of Brittanee Drexel - Wikipedia

The reason I'm bringing this up is because - if she was snatched off the street - I wonder if her not being able to see out of one eye contributed to this, since her line of sight was impaired?! Purely speculative on my part. That being said, if she was snatched she was certainly caught by surprise & may have been texting/distracted when it occurred.

-The Disappeared episode made a big deal of strongly implying that the reason this horrific crime occurred was because BD had disobeyed her parents & gone to MB, SC to party for Spring Break. However, in all honesty young people are going to go out & party no matter what kind of restrictions their parents put on them. And, as long as things don't get too out of control - they typically turn out OK. In this case, BD had the horrible misfortune to run into a predator. Very sad.

Also, unfortunately this type of thing could have happened anywhere.

Last edited:

I watched this, it is very good. Brit's mom Dawn stated she is taking the urn with Brit's remains in it to court so she can be with her. At the end of the show I was in tears and a bit angry at times. :mad: Angry that RDM was ever let out of prison and angry at the FBI for the whole TT fiasco! It is the FBI, the top agency in the USA-to put TT and Brit's loved ones through that is unexcusable! Are they suing? I would! JMO

I watched this, it is very good. Brit's mom Dawn stated she is taking the urn with Brit's remains in it to court so she can be with her. At the end of the show I was in tears and a bit angry at times. :mad: Angry that RDM was ever let out of prison and angry at the FBI for the whole TT fiasco! It is the FBI, the top agency in the USA-to put TT and Brit's loved ones through that is unexcusable! Are they suing? I would! JMO
I’m planning to watch it tonight. I’m glad it showed all this!!

I just finished as I didn’t get to it all yesterday. It was well done and respectful.
I cannot believe that the FBI claimed that as well and it was sooo detailed! I feel awful for Brittanee’s loved ones for what they went through, and also for TT.
This might not be a popular opinion but I do respect Ernie Merchant for telling his story as well.
Brittanee was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and it was a horrible assault and crime. I can’t imagine her terror when she realized she was in trouble.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back