Found Deceased Brandon Colligan, Stevens Point, WI

I read this differently than some other posters. I thought his vehicle was likely parked near the coffee shop and he went to the car to get whatever it was. He left and never came back.
His friend said he was acting strange. In what way? Was he acting nervous, ill, having mental health issues?
Did he tell the friend he needed to get something out of the vehicle as a ruse to leave? If so, why? Was he accosted as he reached into his car?
Was he trying to get to the relative’s house that was near where the car was found? If so, what happened that he never arrived?
I was thinking the same about the location of his vehicle -- my thought was that he was going to or from his vehicle which was close to the coffee shop and something happened to him there.
Anyway, we've still got a mystery here with this nice-looking young man. So hoping we hear good news soon.

“Members of the Manawa Fire Department and Waupaca County Sheriff’s Office deputies traveled the length of the Little Wolf River from a half-mile north of the Highway 54 Royalton bridge to the bridge access point on Ostrander Road,” Detective Sergeant Nathan Nelson wrote in a media release.

Crews did not find a body.

Interesting that LE and FD searched the river for his body so soon. It is good to see that they are on this missing person case sooner than later. It's also sad that they think such a search was necessary. Quoting from the article referenced below (*) and first cited by @GuyfromCanada, "Colligan’s friend said he was acting strange." The friend at the coffee shop was concerned about him -- and certainly his family as well -- so that may have been why the search was done so quickly. Apparently there has been nothing to indicate foul play -- at least so far.
Like many other situations we've seen, it's still a mystery and it's sad & scary.
Hoping for good news but SMH.

* Waupaca Co. Sheriff's Office searching for missing man known to travel to Madison

Following... Very suspicious set of circumstances. I'm noticing more and more how the behaviors of otherwise normal, sober, stable individuals are just seeming "off." It's extremely concerning to say the least

STEVENS POINT, Wis. – The Waupaca County Sheriff’s Office is searching for a missing Royalton man last seen Friday morning.

Officials said Brandon Colligan, 26, was meeting with a friend at a Stevens Point coffee shop at around 9:45 a.m. He left the shop to retrieve an item that he had forgotten and never returned. Colligan’s friend said he was acting strange.

His vehicle was found abandoned near a family member’s home in Royalton, with his phone and wallet still inside.

Colligan is a white man, about 5’10” tall, with blue eyes and brown hair. He was last seen wearing a white short-sleeve dress shirt and blue shorts. Officials said that he has been known to travel to Madison and Milwaukee. Anyone with information on his whereabouts is urged to contact the Waupaca County Sheriff’s Office at 715-258-4466.

brandon-colligan-1024x576.jpg

The distance is 40+ miles.

it wasn’t just a relatives home, it’s the relative that he has lived with for a couple years.

Another updated article:

The Sheriff’s Office are looking for help in gaining access to Colligan’s iPhone and Apple computer.

Investigators say they can’t count out foul play or the possibility Colligan left on his own.

Colligan has a passport, but family have been unable to locate it. The Sheriff says they are checking to see if he traveled internationally, perhaps to Canada.

Another updated article:

The Sheriff’s Office are looking for help in gaining access to Colligan’s iPhone and Apple computer.

Investigators say they can’t count out foul play or the possibility Colligan left on his own.

Colligan has a passport, but family have been unable to locate it. The Sheriff says they are checking to see if he traveled internationally, perhaps to Canada.
Thanks for sharing. The article also states they found Brandon's phone and wallet inside his vehicle.
I always feel this is a bad sign. If he was planning to walk away, I could see leaving the phone so it potentially couldn't be tracked, but you would think he would want his wallet.

I apologize if this has been discussed... do we know of any reason he would want to walk away?
By all accounts in reviewing his social media, Brandon seems to be a bright young-man, very active in politics, community, etc. I didn't see any posts, however, that were a reflection or window into his personal life. I don't want to speculate about his mental state and a possible trigger to walk-away or cause self-harm.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. The article also states they found Brandon's phone and wallet inside his vehicle.
I always feel this is a bad sign. If he was planning to walk away, I could see leaving the phone so it potentially couldn't be tracked, but you would think he would want his wallet.
I apologize for the gloom and doom statement, but WRT his phone & his wallet being left in his vehicle, it's like he knew he wouldn't need them any longer...
Did he and the person with whom he had coffee have a relationship?

Another updated article:

Can you use your passport without an ID? I’ve never used a passport so I’m not sure.
It didn’t say he took his ID, but it didn’t say he didn’t.

I apologize for the gloom and doom statement, but WRT his phone & his wallet being left in his vehicle, it's like he knew he wouldn't need them any longer...
Did he and the person with whom he had coffee have a relationship?
I’m new to this forum, and only came because I was researching Brandon. And I know this is speculating, so please I hope no one gets offended.
Brandon is a very smart, educated, handsome, clean and well dressed man. I can’t find any info on any girlfriend or boyfriend. He is not married and doesn’t have any kids. I’m definitely leaning toward some sort of relationship with the man he had coffee with. Or best friend, wanting to see him one more time, not being able to gather the strength to say goodbye, and making the excuse to get something from the car to save the heartache of having to try to explain himself and what he is going through.
100% speculation. But he could be too pretty to be straight.

Can you use your passport without an ID? I’ve never used a passport so I’m not sure.
It didn’t say he took his ID, but it didn’t say he didn’t.
A passport is an internationally-accepted legal ID. It works in bars in the US and in every airport abroad. You would not need a second ID. I don't think that Brandon has chosen to go abroad, more likely he tucked his passport into a safe spot so he wouldn't lose it and family hasn't found it yet.

I gives me the same vibes as that highly educated and working in tech, who disappeared a few years ago.
Her car was later found parked somewhere with her in it.

Her friend and mom said she was behaving weird the morning before her disappearance.

I just can't remember her name anymore :s

A 26-year-old Waupaca County man who has been missing since Friday is a 2019 graduate of the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh, where he was a member of the College Democrats and became known in state party circles.

Numerous politicians have been sharing the missing person alert on their social media accounts, and Rep. Gordon Hintz, a Democrat from Oshkosh, said Monday he still remembers Colligan from Colligan's time with the College Democrats at UW-Oshkosh.

“This was a kid who, when I first met him, was way more mature than certainly I was in college, and most people, “ Hintz said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back