GA GA - Atlanta Georgia Blk Male 25-40 UP661, struck by car, possible rape suspect Nov 84

Moonwalker9

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
The Doe Network: Case File 1030UMGA

I found this all a bit odd. First of all, where he was apparently hit by the car, was in the middle of nowhere, Was he wasking there?

He was a suspect of rape but his samples went missing?

According to nameus his appearence was not recognizable but there is a recon of him

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number--
ME/C Case Number84-1957
Demographics
SexMale
Race / EthnicityBlack / African American
Possible First Name--
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last Name--
Possible Nickname--
Estimated Age GroupAdult - Pre 40
Estimated Age Range (Years)25-40
Estimated Year of Death1984
Estimated PMIHours
HeightCannot Estimate
WeightCannot Estimate
Circumstances
TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date FoundNovember 20, 1984
NamUs Case CreatedNovember 7, 2007
ME/C QA Reviewed--
Location Found Map
Street AddressI-75 between Mt Paran Road and West Paces Ferry RoadAtlanta, Georgia
CountyFulton County
GPS Coordinates--
Circumstances of RecoveryStruck by vehicle. Taken to hospital. Died several weeks later.Deceased was possibly a suspect in a rape. Hair samples were submitted to GBI for comparison purposes but whereabouts of thsese now are unknown. Fingerprints were taken and sent to FBI but no fingerprint card is in the case file.
Details of Recovery

Inventory of RemainsAll parts recovered
Condition of RemainsNot recognizable - Traumatic injuries
Physical Description
Hair ColorBlack
Head Hair Descriptionblack
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Descriptionblack mustache
Left Eye Color--
Right Eye Color--
Eye Description--
Distinctive Physical Features
No Information Entered

Clothing and Accessories

Street view

Google Maps

Original

Are we sure the place on the map is accurate or just an ad random point in Fulton County?

If he died in the hospital, how is it possible they don't know his height (and weight) or at least an estimate. Didn't they measure him before ordering a coffin?

Last edited:
As the suspected perp in a rape case (though his samples have been lost), surely there would be befit in DNA testing these remains. LE could identify the UID and possibly solve the rape.
It says he was possibly a suspect not definitively a suspect in a rape case.

It says he was possibly a suspect not definitively a suspect in a rape case.
In the Doe file "Deceased was possibly a suspect in a rape". In the Namus file worded the same "Deceased was possibly a suspect in a rape".

Are we sure the place on the map is accurate or just an ad random point in Fulton County?

If he died in the hospital, how is it possible they don't know his height (and weight) or at least an estimate. Didn't they measure him before ordering a coffin?
They must have modified it today because the pin drops onto a road close to a house wihtin a subdivision.

The NamUs file states that he was actually killed on I-75 between the West Paces and Mt Paran Rd exits, which makes much more sense to me--the area where the pin drops on West Paces is quite ritzy today.

As far as height, I would imagine the medical examiner would measure the body (they should have been involved, since this was related to an accident/not a natural death), but I'm a nurse, and we typically do not measure people's height, just ask their stated height. He would probably have been taken to Grady or Atlanta Medical (which may still have been Georgia Baptist) at that time. I've not been able to find any contemporary news reports, unfortunately.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back