GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU Law Professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 *arrests* #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Charlie was indicted by a grand jury and, thus, the state does not have to go through the arraignment process with proof of probable cause.
Yes, vislaw and we all, Katherine Magbanua (Case A) and Charles Adelson were both indicted by a Grand Jury on 4/20/2022. See attached the picture of the indictment on 3 counts. This Grand Jury indictment creates the “Case B” for Adelson: 37 2016 CF 003036 B - STATE OF FLORIDA vs ADELSON, CHARLES.

No, the Dr. Charles Adelson situation is clear and not confusing, save the garbled minded. Both, Magbanua and Adelson are indicted on the same three felony counts. Each count has its own “points” system, a grading score like chart used by the State of Florida in felony-level crimes, which will be used in extensively during Magbanua’s sentencing phase.

Today Friday 6/17/2022 morning, the State of Florida’s Attorney, Cappleman filed in Court a 16 pages “Answer To Demand For Discovery & Demand For Notice of Alibi”, which instrument has been furnished electronically to defense Attorney Rashbaum. Under Section 90.404 (2) of the Florida Statute, this instrument a) categorizes all evidences in easily comprehensible recording, b) provides the details of testimony incriminating Dr. Adelson, and c) reads clearly the “road map” like chronological facts that led the Grand Jury.

With the same minus the so called Dolce Vita audio, Police arrested Magbanua. With the same plus the so called Dolce Vita audio, a secret Grand Jury indicted Charles Adelson. It is obvious to me that such clarity will appear unscrambled to most prospective Jurors.

Attachments

• Magbanua & Adelson.png
    Magbanua & Adelson.png
    598.9 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Anyone know where K. Magbanua is now? Cant find her in the inmate portal for Leon county

At Leon County jail still, Magbanua is! Again, Katherine Magbanua (Case A) and Charles Adelson (Case B) were both indicted by the same Grand Jury instrument on 4/20/2022. This Grand Jury indictment links the court appearances of “Case A” and “Case B” on July 29, 2022.

Yes, the Magbanua situation could be confusing without noticing that this April 2022 Grand Jury indictment is “Superseding previous indictment”. Hence, if Magbanua were absolved in 5/27/2022, she would have remained still remanded into custody today, without bond, going into the process subsequent to this 4/20/2022 Grand Jury indictment similarly to Dr. Charles Adelson.

Since the trial by Jury found Magbanua guilty of all three counts on 5/27/2022, she remains remanded into custody awaiting at least 30 days for sentencing. Yesterday 6/16/2022, there was a Court’s Own Motion to set a sentencing date on 7/29/2022. The Order is signed by Judge Wheeler (see picture attached) with copies sent to Magbanua’s lawyers.

At the conclusion of the 7/29/2022, it is hoped that 1) “Case A” and “case B” will be disentangled, 2) the sentencing phase will be started for Case A Magbanua, and 3) the Case B Adelson will be managed toward a scheduled Jury Trial process.

Incidentally, this Court’s Own Motion of Order reveals that Magbanua still retained her Car Wash and Defrost preferences, as of 6/16/2022. Strange things are going on behind the scene!

Attachments

• Set Sentencing Magbanua.png
    Set Sentencing Magbanua.png
    338.9 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Today the State of Florida filed an ANSWER TO DEMAND FOR DISCOVERY AND DEMAND FOR NOTICE OF ALIBI in CA's case. If you click on the pdf in the docket and download it you can read it.
https://cvweb.leonclerk.com/public/...scaseid=1129969&defseq=B&chargeseq=1&secret=1

I hesitate referencing “in the state of Florida” because this phrase does not remove the fact that I am not a Lawyer and I seldom travel in Florida, save in 2016 when I stayed there over significant parts of the Spring visiting multiple times. Still, Florida laws governing the prosecution and the sentencing of people indicted and convicted of felony-level crimes are complex and difficult to comprehend for most prospective Jurors.

If today’s 16 pages of “Answer To Demand For Discovery & Demand For Notice of Alibi” looks formal and standardized to some of us, see attached the bottom part of its 16th page, because it is formally filed under the directives of the “Safe Streets Act of 1994” of Florida and applied under the standards of the Florida State Department of Corrections.

Even if some potential Jurors were not garbled minded, it is subtle to comprehend that multiple charges from a single instance; such as a) assault committed during b) robbery or a) conspiracy to commit murder leading to b) murder; are aggravating factors similar to being a repeat offender for the State of Florida, and some of the 49 other States.

The Florida Criminal Punishment Code Score-sheet makes the multiple formulas easier to comprehend but still! The total number of points for each criminal charge is added together a) to determine not only if a mandatory minimum prison term is necessary and b) what that minimum would be.

One of the formulas is (Total points from all criminal convictions – 28) x 0.75 = Minimum mandatory sentence required in months).

Attachments

• bottom of last 16th page Demand For Discovery.png
    bottom of last 16th page Demand For Discovery.png
    376.1 KB · Views: 34
[...] you have the argument about the death penalty backwards here IMHO. Filing the death penalty against CA would not increase his chance of a mistrial. Death penalty-qualified juries are more likely to convict. As far as the evidence, juries reach a decision about guilt or innocence and THEN go to the penalty phase. Sigfredo Garcia was convicted, but the jury declined to enforce the death penalty.

You are right, Alfred Packer! I really like the clear and standardized, albeit somewhat arcane, of the State of Florida’s Legal System, as most other States and the US Federal Courts. The Florida “points system” is in contrast to the legal process of some Anglo-Saxon speaking former dominion of the British crown whereas sentencing judges are given a great deal of discretion when deciding the fate of criminals. In some places such as at the “near the buttocks of Down Under”, any two criminals with comparable criminal behaviors convicted of similar crimes could end up with vastly divergent punishments.

In light of the fact that the “Answer To Demand For Discovery & Demand For Notice of Alibi” has 16 pages and I posted only the picture of the bottom of page 16, please kindly see attached the picture of the top of page 1. It is hopped these pictures would help view from this instrument how clear and straightforward the Dr. Charles Adelson’s case is.

It is my expectation that the Jury selection process would help the State Attorneys of Florida align college educated Jurors (peers of Doctor Adelson) so that garbled minded people from hoods will not pull “Magbanua Trial #1” type argument to pretext missed trial. Such list of evidences unveils the bad behavior of some people who are caught not remembering their prior "I don't recall" such as Wendi Adelson who “does not know how to spell Jibber” while she typed “Jibber” as Dan Markel’s disparaging nickname in her cellphone!

Attachments

• Top of p. 1 Charles Adelson 6-17-2022.png
    Top of p. 1 Charles Adelson 6-17-2022.png
    404.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
View attachment 349776

A few days ago I was watching an episode of 60 Minutes Australia on YouTube. It was about child abuse in youth detention centers in Tasmania. The whistleblower relayed a story about the facility manager telling a child if he didn't behave he was going to "turn him into an owl." When she asked what that meant, he said "I'm gonna cave his face in."

Rember the owl in the tree (pic) and Wendi's owl T-shirt on the day of the murder? And how Dan was shot in the face?

OT-As a dentist living in Tasmania, this is a terrible situation. In my ancient past, I treated kids from this facility. I think they are mostly quite serious offenders, but they were both tough, and full of life. There was some story about a previous escape during a dental visit, and it was quite a stressful situation for dental staff. They were handcuffed in the chair, with two guards in the doorway, normally having a tooth out, but they would keep up wise cracks the entire visit.Trust me, this is very unusual during extractions. One of them made me a bracelet of rather loud beads. Back then I thought them well looked after. Now-who knows, the evidence suggesting otherwise is piling up. If the last twenty or so years have taught me anything, it's that things are not always as they seem.

Robert Adelson and Katie’s sister Samantha Magbanua, who is currently incarcerated, are both on the witness list! Robert is category B and Samantha category A witness.
Sorry Laura, Samantha Chez Magbanua is a sister in law not a sister. I cannot believe she was called Samantha Magbanua on the docket . If anything she would have changed her name back to her maiden name . She was involved in a a fantastic enormous embezzlement (over $500 000 I do believe ) at a Plantation accounting company, Lopez Quintana and sentenced back around 2019.

There has always been speculation that she or her relatives funded part of KM's case costs. (ie. by cashing in real estate bought with the stolen money ). This was never proven. I'm suspicious that KM made certain admissions to her to try to get money, possibly even for the trial of SG while KM was still free (between April and first Oct of 2016).

If KM gets LWOP, then whatever Samantha says cannot make Katie's life worse than it is. One thing is for sure -the state could not care what KM told SCM about S. Garcia's culpability but they might be interested what she can tell of KM's words of the trail of solicitation. I wonder what sort of deal has been done to get her to testify.

BTW if one is out of FL it's snot possible to read these Leon Cty PDFs so I have to take it on faith you have your facts correct.

Robert Adelson and Katie’s sister Samantha Magbanua, who is currently incarcerated, are both on the witness list! Robert is category B and Samantha category A witness.

From the Answer to Demand For Discovery for Charles Adelson's defense Attorneys:

Here are the interesting and expected names listed as Category A Witnesses:

Wendi Adelson
Donna Adelson
Jeffery LaCase
Katherine Magbanua
June Umchinda
Sigfredo Garcia
Luis Riveria

Here are the important and intriguing names listed as Category A Witnesses:

Harvey Adelson
Amy Adler
Jerome Obed
James Keith McElveen
David J Snyder
Samantha Magbanua
Clyde Taylor

Here is the important and intriguing name listed as Category B Witness:

Robert Adelson

Here is the important and intriguing name listed as Category C Witness:

Tamara Demko

It seems inevitable that some subpoena and use and derivative use immunity issues are coming from the State of Florida.

Last edited:
Sorry Laura, Samantha Chez Magbanua is a sister in law not a sister. I cannot believe she was called Samantha Magbanua on the docket . If anything she would have changed her name back to her maiden name . She was involved in a a fantastic enormous embezzlement (over $500 000 I do believe ) at a Plantation accounting company, Lopez Quintana and sentenced back around 2019.

There has always been speculation that she or her relatives funded part of KM's case costs. (ie. by cashing in real estate bought with the stolen money ). This was never proven. I'm suspicious that KM made certain admissions to her to try to get money, possibly even for the trial of SG while KM was still free (between April and first Oct of 2016).

If KM gets LWOP, then whatever Samantha says cannot make Katie's life worse than it is. One thing is for sure -the state could not care what KM told SCM about S. Garcia's culpability but they might be interested what she can tell of KM's words of the trail of solicitation. I wonder what sort of deal has been done to get her to testify.

BTW if one is out of FL it's snot possible to read these Leon Cty PDFs so I have to take it on faith you have your facts correct.
My mistake she is sister in law. Am in Florida and can read the document, have attached screen shots. Samantha is listed on page 3 second column and Robert is listed on page 4 first column with the Markel family.

Attachments

• CA5E6885-6508-40E8-9A5C-3E0F9530F4ED.png
    CA5E6885-6508-40E8-9A5C-3E0F9530F4ED.png
    261.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 18CC94B3-88DF-46C9-B70A-F922F67614D3.jpeg
    18CC94B3-88DF-46C9-B70A-F922F67614D3.jpeg
    139.8 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
From the Answer to Demand For Discovery for Charles Adelson's defense Attorneys:

Here are the interesting and expected names listed as Category A Witnesses:

Wendi Adelson
Donna Adelson
Jeffery LaCase
Katherine Magbanua
June Umchinda
Sigfredo Garcia
Luis Riveria

Here are the important and intriguing names listed as Category A Witnesses:

Harvey Adelson
Amy Adler
Jerome Obed
James Keith McElveen
David J Snyder
Samantha Magbanua
Clyde Taylor

Here is the important and intriguing name listed as Category B Witness:

Robert Adelson

Here is the important and intriguing name listed as Category C Witness:

Tamara Demko

It seems inevitable that some subpoena and use and derivative use immunity issues are coming from the State of Florida.
what does category a versus b versus c mean ?

Attachments

• 2022_0617 Charles Adelson - Demand for Discovery.pdf
    579.8 KB · Views: 50
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics