Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sep 2014 - #72

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is an early article where Lydene said it was FFC and FGM who came to her door--whereas other accounts say it was FFC and AMS. Does anyone remember whether LH was asked about that at the inquest? I have a vague idea she said no, the article was a mistake, she didn't see FGM at all.

The article here quotes LH directly saying “The mother and the grandmother were standing at the door. The mother said a little boy was missing, that he was playing in the backyard up the road and hadn't been seen for about 25 minutes or so," says Lydene.

Not from the inquest though. But as it is presented as an LH direct quote, you would think it would be hard to get wrong.

The article here quotes LH directly saying “The mother and the grandmother were standing at the door. The mother said a little boy was missing, that he was playing in the backyard up the road and hadn't been seen for about 25 minutes or so," says Lydene.

Not from the inquest though. But as it is presented as an LH direct quote, you would think it would be hard to get wrong.
Yes, the article. And I've looked at Lia's tweets of LH's evidence, and I can't see that she was asked. But I'd like to hear from someone who was there whether she was asked to confirm that, or if anyone else remembers the topic coming up in her inquest evidence--perhaps it was in one of the books or in another article I haven't found.

That was the only reference I’ve seen JLZ. I didn’t follow the inquest closely, but my general impression was that there did not seem to be a systematic attempt to verify the timeline, who said what and when etc. and to try to address the inconsistencies LE must have been aware of.

But I wasn’t there, so very much IMO.

From memory, there was a significant amount of testimony in closed court and the public has probably not been privy to the more probing questions.

That was the only reference I’ve seen JLZ. I didn’t follow the inquest closely, but my general impression was that there did not seem to be a systematic attempt to verify the timeline, who said what and when etc. and to try to address the inconsistencies LE must have been aware of.

But I wasn’t there, so very much IMO.

From memory, there was a significant amount of testimony in closed court and the public has probably not been privy to the more probing questions.
IMO it would probably be in the best interest of the investigators to not openly point out inconsistencies. Best to piece it together out of the spotlight and not offer suggestions or point these things out and give anyone the opportunity to offer up info that fits better

IMO it would probably be in the best interest of the investigators to not openly point out inconsistencies. Best to piece it together out of the spotlight and not offer suggestions or point these things out and give anyone the opportunity to offer up info that fits better
. . . or contaminate their memory with the thought of how it must have been. And you see the interviewers in the walkthroughs are strikingly non-argumentative. But by the time of the inquest, it's useful to give witnesses a chance to explain. As in, 'I didn't say that, I noticed the interviewer recorded the wrong thing, and I sent her an email to ask her to fix it: here it is--but she didn't', or, 'I don't think I said that, but possibly I misspoke; anyway I'm positive it happened the way I'm telling you now, not what I'm reported to have said then', or 'I did say that, I must have remembered it that way then, but now I remember it differently; sorry, can't help you any further', or 'I know exactly why I made that mistake, let me explain . . .', et cetera. MOO.

JMO - Detectives have now gone back to 'square one' in their handling of the investigation.
NB:
“Gary Jubelin, the retired homicide detective who once led the William Tyrrell case, has defended his previous investigation as the renewed search for the child’s remains continues.

The former detective was responding to criticisms from the state’s current police commissioner, Mick Fuller, that the new investigation team had “inherited what was a bit of a mess”.

Jubelin investigated the case from five months after the then-three-year-old disappeared in September 2014 until he was removed from the case.

William Tyrrell: NSW premier hopeful of breakthrough in case after police seize car in Sydney

He took issue with Fuller’s comments, saying he provided monthly progress reports to his superior officers detailing everything – “what suspects I was targeting, what the future directions were”.

Jubelin said he had formed a friendship with William’s foster parents and believed the foster mother to be “a very decent human being”.

However, he said he “went hard” when investigating the couple.

“I basically ambushed the (foster) parents and then I interrogated the (foster) parents,” he told Sydney radio 2GB on Thursday.”

im wondering if gj and ffc knew each other from earlier days, social acquaintances or school years etc? they seemed very friendly and close, and if so could that have swayed gjs perception of ffc, also wondering if because fgm was a seemingly involved respected member of the community if this impacted the initial investigation? i feel a lot could have been let slip without question because of percieved ffs social standing, wealth, education, local familiarity, spin etc?

im wondering if gj and ffc knew each other from earlier days, social acquaintances or school years etc? they seemed very friendly and close, and if so could that have swayed gjs perception of ffc, also wondering if because fgm was a seemingly involved respected member of the community if this impacted the initial investigation? i feel a lot could have been let slip without question because of percieved ffs social standing, wealth, education, local familiarity, spin etc?
I think perhaps she had a sympathetic and respectful regard for police work--something to do with her late father--and GJ appreciated that. Conjecture only.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
im not sure if ffc grew up in kendall, if the fgms house was the family home? if so she would know the surrounds very well,
and i read somewhere in msm that it was always mfc who organised the trips to fgms place, so im wondering if he had friends or business ties there? and it was his idea to travel there that last weekend,
according to ffc the visit was to help fgm sort her things with other family members before fgms move

im not sure if ffc grew up in kendall, if the fgms house was the family home? if so she would know the surrounds very well,
and i read somewhere in msm that it was always mfc who organised the trips to fgms place, so im wondering if he had friends or business ties there? and it was his idea to travel there that last weekend,
according to ffc the visit was to help fgm sort her things with other family members before fgms move
It would be interesting to know if either of the FC have substantial knowledge of the area

BBM. I don't think the house is that old and also isn't big enough for a family with, I understand, four children.

It would be interesting to know if either of the FC have substantial knowledge of the area
Earlier, the court heard William’s foster father was very familiar with the bushland and off road trails around the area where the toddler went missing.

A trail bike enthusiast and owner of a four-wheel-drive, he told the inquest into the disappearance of William Tyrrell that he had ridden “extensively” around Kendall State Forest.

The foster grandparent(s) had lived in the house for almost 24 years when William disappeared.

At that point, the grandmother had been living in the house in the NSW Mid North Coast town of Kendall for almost 24 years.

Last edited:
The foster grandparent(s) had lived in the house for almost 24 years when William disappeared.

At that point, the grandmother had been living in the house in the NSW Mid North Coast town of Kendall for almost 24 years.
oh ok so i guess not the family home then :)

There are other examples of GJ having supportive relationships with family members of missing persons & homicide victims eg. the Levesons and the Bowraville families, I don't think that type of relationship was unique to FFC or that he knew her previous to William's disappearance.

There are other examples of GJ having supportive relationships with family members of missing persons & homicide victims eg. the Levesons and the Bowraville families, I don't think that type of relationship was unique to FFC or that he knew her previous to William's disappearance.
I'm going to say something maybe stupid. Is he looking for a family, and so when there are these families who've lost a member, they fit together?

I'm going to say something maybe stupid. Is he looking for a family, and so when there are these families who've lost a member, they fit together?
Can I ask you to have another go at explaining what you mean JLZ? ..... I just can't grasp what you are meaning.

FFC couldn’t name the nearest cross street in her call to Police.

MFC however…

William Tyrrell’s foster father appeared on the third day of the inquest and gave a detailed account of how he had searched for days, jumping fences and scouring bush, after the toddler disappeared.

A trail bike enthusiast and owner of a four-wheel-drive, he told the inquest that he had ridden “extensively” around Kendall State Forest.

yes, thats true, he did seem to get very close, heart and soul into those cases

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member