CA CA - Girl, 6, seen walking, mini-van stopped, a person pulled her inside & sped off, Bakersfield, 21 Jun 2022

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
BAKERSFIELD, Calif. (KERO) — Police are asking for the community's help in the investigation of a possible child abduction in East Bakersfield.

According to the Bakersfield Police Department, a witness said the say a young girl, around 6 years old walking near the intersection of South Haley Street and Potomac Avenue when a silver mini-van stopped near her and a person in the van pulled her into the vehicle and then sped off. The incident happened Tuesday afternoon around 12:30 p.m.

Police searched the area but no missing children were identified or reported. Police also checked nearby schools but no children were unaccounted for.

The girl was described as being Hispanic, approximately 6 years old and weighing about 70 lbs. She had black shoulder-length hair and was wearing a black shirt, green shorts, and a backpack.

The vehicle was described as an older model silver mini-van with dark tinted rear windows and had no license plate. The driver was only described as being a Hispanic man.

Anyone with information regarding a missing juvenile matching the above description or knowledge of the facts, circumstances, and whereabouts of the described vehicle is urged to immediately contact the Bakersfield Police Department at 661-327-7111.

e1333ba0-5f50-4c20-919b-c05ecb7e6771-medium16x9_2018SBGBlueBKG3.jpg

During the investigation, video was obtained of the vehicle depicted above being driven on Potomac Avenue around the time of the incident.

A door-to-door canvas of the neighborhood was conducted and no missing children were reported. Police checked nearby schools and no children were not accounted for.

This is certainly odd.

I was hoping this was a hoax, but then I saw the pic of the vehicle which was found on video AFTER the incident.
So the witness indeed saw this vehicle with no plates.

So far, no child is reported missing. Could this have been a parent taking his child? This is my hope.

Happened at 12:30 pm. It's nearly 5:30 now.
I hope this is not a child who is expected home later due to a parent believing her to be with a friend or playing in a park.

FB page Bakersfield Now Eyewitness news, re posted the same story less than an hour ago. So I am assuming this isn't resolved yet. I've been hoping that the man is a parent or relative.
Some in comments think the plates were blurred out, not missing.

FB page Bakersfield Now Eyewitness news, re posted the same story less than an hour ago. So I am assuming this isn't resolved yet. I've been hoping that the man is a parent or relative.
Some in comments think the plates were blurred out, not missing.
The first news article said “no license plate” but the second one said “no license plate information was available.” So, it’s hard to tell!

I do too. But why would someone make up something like this? It's also concerning that there was indeed a similar car captured on video at the time of the alleged incident.

I doubt if the witness made up anything, but there might be an innocent explanation for what they saw. Like the girl ran out of the house rather than take a bath, and a parent drove after her and picked her up, to invent a silly example.

I suppose it could also be a custody situation.

Maybe there is no one to report her missing. Human traffickers get children in all sorts of ways. Look how many cases we see where CPS finally discovers that a child hasn't been seen alive for months or years. Some of those children are murder victims; others are sold, traded, or stolen for an unpaid debt to the cartel. It's possible this little girl tried to get away and was caught. MOO

I do too. But why would someone make up something like this? It's also concerning that there was indeed a similar car captured on video at the time of the alleged incident.
I don’t think anything was made up, I think a child being innocently picked up might have been misinterpreted? I hope!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back