Identified! Ga - Skeletal W/shoe & Clothing, Spalding Co-butts Co Line,*graphic Pics* June 2018 - Alphonso Reese

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
DfNJZOIV4AAbeTT_1966x1190%20(1).jpg

Authorities are working to identify human remains believed to have been near the Spalding County-Butts County line for up to two years.

A person riding a four-wheeler found a human skull near a creek on Wallace Road on Sunday, but thunderstorms in the area prevented officials from investigating the scene, Spalding County Sheriff Darrell Dix said in a statement Friday.

The next day, Spalding County deputies and the GBI searched the area and found additional remains, clothing and a shoe.
Human skull, clothes, shoe found near Georgia creek

562765727_750x422.jpg

The next day investigators with the Spalding County Sheriff's Office went to location, described by Dix as a clean-cut area, near the intersection of Jackson Road and Wallace Road along the Butts County line and found the human skull.
At the same time, strong thunderstorms moved through the area, which prevented investigators from completely processing the scene. But they returned the following morning with archeological investigators and cadaver dogs from the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.
During their search of the area, investigators found additional human remains, including a pelvic bone, femur, and a few vertebrae amd ribs. They also found clothing and a shoe, but no form of identification and no indicators as to what caused the death.

Sheriff: Human bones found near creek may have been there for 2 years

This is really close to this location, where a body was found in a suitcase. Only a mile or so south along I-75.

GA - GA - Butts Co, Human Remains in Suitcase along I-75, Dec 2017

Some people were looking into whether the body could be that of Rosselys Felix Hernandez. Her 'husband' was just arrested about a week ago after having run off with his stepdaughter. Rosselys was last seen in Florida in November 2016 and her husband took his stepchildren to Kentucky shortly after this. Here is her thread.

FL - FL - Rosselys Felix Hernandez, 31, Jupiter, Nov 2016

ETA: Just to be clear, while these two locations are close and seem to be from the same time period, there was a skull found in this current case and there "seemed to be" a skull found in the suitcase case. Therefore it is unlikely that they are the remains of only one person and are likely unrelated.

So what size are the shoes?? Is this likely a man or a woman? Or are the shoes of a mid-size? What is the inseam on the jeans?

According to one of the media videos posted above, they hope to determine the sex of the Doe in a couple of days.

LE said that they are looking into missing people in Spalding and Butts Counties. They identified 2 people as missing.
I hope they are looking further afield as well, as these remains were found behind the Dollar General Distribution Center, which faces onto I-75. I'm guessing they the remains were found in a field, by the wood line, near Bethel Grove CME Church

Last edited:
It says it was in the clear-cut area. Isn't that a bit farther back from the road?

Could still be from anywhere, I suppose.

Sorry carbuff, I'm slow tonight, what do you mean by "farther back from the road"? Did someone say it was near a road? I think it was at the edge of a clearing, near the woods.

Having said that, I'm not sure it is near the church, as I mentioned above. It could be a bit further north on Wallace where the terrain is a bit rougher.

Check out this media clip on Youtube starting at about 13 seconds.

refresher course? What was the little boy who was never found, his mother committed suicide? Melinda? UGH too many years.

Sorry carbuff, I'm slow tonight, what do you mean by "farther back from the road"? Did someone say it was near a road? I think it was at the edge of a clearing, near the woods.

Having said that, I'm not sure it is near the church, as I mentioned above. It could be a bit further north on Wallace where the terrain is a bit rougher.

Check out this media clip on Youtube starting at about 13 seconds.

I meant that the church is near the road, but it looked to me like the remains were found deeper in the field toward the woods, away from the road. Yes, that would be farther north.

I don't know whether this is the same case or not: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

The date is right, but

Circumstances of RecoveryUnclear: bones found at 5745 Old Jackson Rd, Griffin, GA, 30233.

5745 Jackson Road in Griffin appears to be the address where these remains were found. 5745 OLD Jackson Road is about ten miles away, in Locust Grove. Google Maps

If it is the right case, he's an adult mixed-race male with the possible name Alphonso Bernard Reese.

Article from March 2022:

Several years ago, a couple made a chilling discovery as they were riding four-wheelers in Spalding County. Now the sheriff's office has announced a new revelation in the case.

On June 4, 2018, the couple was riding on a trail when they discovered human remains in the area of 5745 Jackson Road in Griffin.
[...]
The GBI's Crime Lab notified the Spalding County coroner on Feb. 21, 2022, that the remains were identified as Alphonso Reese, who had been reported missing on Aug. 28, 2017.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back