Found Deceased FL - John McNamee, 47, originally from Ireland, missed a flight, truck found, Jacksonville, 25 May 2022

Addresses are public record @ divorce filings (posted above). You raise a great question though in that he lived in one place with wife and daughters previously, but perhaps had a second place as the divorce unfolded. Either way, I think it’s most likely that he had a place of refuge between his long-term job and the apartment in the filings.

Addresses are public record @ divorce filings (posted above). You raise a great question though in that he lived in one place with wife and daughters previously, but perhaps had a second place as the divorce unfolded. Either way, I think it’s most likely that he had a place of refuge between his long-term job and the apartment in the filings.
One more thing. His long-term coworkers. I’d send in someone relatable to talk with them. I’m looking for a bilingual person who is not a cop and is not intimidating and is clearly not looking to get anyone in trouble. Lots of time spent on roofs talking …

I'm not finding his apartment address in what is publicly available here without a subscription to Unicourt:

Perhaps I missed it?

what apartment ? Can you share where this information is?
OP was able to see the divorce filing that listed an address for him (subscription access only).

Not sure it can be shared here due to TOS. I have not seen it shared in any media source or on the family's Facebook page.

It would be helpful to know the general proximity of where he was living, was that place/area searched & what, if anything helpful, was found.

Latest update on Facebook below. Sadly, nothing new. But they did share a closeup pic of John with his daughters.

Day 30 - We continue to search for John
Missing from Jacksonville Florida
#missing ‼️

Update: We have had no further sightings of John or information regarding his disappearance

We continue to please ask you to share far and wide in the hope someone may remember seeing John.

Somewhere on that route he had a place. One place, not exactly what I’m describing but worth a visit, is Haze Vape and Smoke Shop on Beach. Posters. Do you recognize this guy?
Maybe Miller’s Ale House. Corner of Hodges and Beach. But what I’m really looking for on those routes is more of a dive bar. You know, mismatched front door, beer neon in small window.

I’d drive that a few times and look for a place like that. Unless his ex says he doesn’t drink. Unless that’s the case, people in this place knew him and his troubles and where he tended to like to retreat.
SBM
Such a smart theory, I know exactly the place you mean. In my experience too, Irish folks are bar/pub goers & big social drinkers. I think especially a man going thru a divorce and recently laid off might be consuming a little more alcohol than might be normal for him. (not blaming/accusing, just stating facts)

Bar fight? Blackout drunk gone wrong? I don't think the car being in the place that it was, was weird, but there has to be a place like this around, which might lead to more answers.

OP was able to see the divorce filing that listed an address for him (subscription access only).

Not sure it can be shared here due to TOS. I have not seen it shared in any media source or on the family's Facebook page.

It would be helpful to know the general proximity of where he was living, was that place/area searched & what, if anything helpful, was found.

Latest update on Facebook below. Sadly, nothing new. But they did share a closeup pic of John with his daughters.

Day 30 - We continue to search for John
Missing from Jacksonville Florida
#missing ‼️

Update: We have had no further sightings of John or information regarding his disappearance

We continue to please ask you to share far and wide in the hope someone may remember seeing John.
I have the subscription to the court documents and cant see anything about an apartment? Can u msg me with where u seen this please. Im with John's sister here now.

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Hours into a search Saturday for a missing father of two in a wooded area of Jacksonville’s Northside, searchers found something that led to police being called to the scene.

News4JAX has gotten conflicting reports about what was found, and we are working to learn more about this developing story.

John McNamee was last seen on May 25 at a Love’s Travel Stop on Pecan Park Road. His truck, a gray Ford F-150, was found in the grassy area near the tree line behind the Quality Inn Airport hotel on Airport Road at 11 a.m. the next morning. He was not a guest at the hotel.

His family has been trying to piece together anything that might have happened in the 20-hour gap from when he was seen on surveillance video at the gas station to when his truck was found the next morning.

More at Police called to scene of missing man search Saturday after something found

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. – Hours into a search Saturday for a missing father of two in a wooded area of Jacksonville’s Northside, searchers found something that led to police being called to the scene.

News4JAX has gotten conflicting reports about what was found, and we are working to learn more about this developing story.

John McNamee was last seen on May 25 at a Love’s Travel Stop on Pecan Park Road. His truck, a gray Ford F-150, was found in the grassy area near the tree line behind the Quality Inn Airport hotel on Airport Road at 11 a.m. the next morning. He was not a guest at the hotel.

His family has been trying to piece together anything that might have happened in the 20-hour gap from when he was seen on surveillance video at the gas station to when his truck was found the next morning.

More at Police called to scene of missing man search Saturday after something found
Article update at 5:48 pm:

JSO Crime Scene Unit vans left the area around 5 p.m. Officers said they were not sure if a briefing would be held in the case, so it’s unclear if anything was found in the search for John McNamee.

Crime scene unit investigators were at the scene for hours and walked what looked like red plastic bags into the woods and then back to the van.

News4JAX reached out to someone involved in the search who told us it’s unclear right now if anything was found.

BBM

Human remains were found.

"Partial" human remains have been found in the woods where a search party gathered to look for missing Jacksonville father John McNamee Saturday, the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office said in a news release.
The woods are behind the Quality Inn on Airport Road in Jacksonville -- where McNamee's truck has been parked since May 26. McNamee has not been heard from since May 25, according to quotes from his sister in a police report.

The identity of these remains has not yet been confirmed as McNamee.

The case is being investigated as an undetermined death, JSO said in the release.

"Partial" human remains have been found in the woods where a search party gathered to look for missing Jacksonville father John McNamee Saturday, the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office said in a news release.

The woods are behind the Quality Inn on Airport Road in Jacksonville -- where McNamee's truck has been parked since May 26.

I don't know how I missed this. I certainly would have driven up to help. Sounds like there were a lot of stressors in his life. Divorce, job loss, financial issues... I hope it wasn't foul play but I also hope it wasn't suicide. I'm going to start from the beginning and read the thread. So sad. Thinking of the family and his beloved daughters.

I don't know how I missed this. I certainly would have driven up to help. Sounds like there were a lot of stressors in his life. Divorce, job loss, financial issues... I hope it wasn't foul play but I also hope it wasn't suicide. I'm going to start from the beginning and read the thread. So sad. Thinking of the family and his beloved daughters.

I applaud the efforts of his family. Coming twice from Ireland to search shows how much his family care for him.

Terrible & sad outcome if this is John.

47 years old with minor children, oh no! Added to all that he was going through, he may have been worried about being a burden or being estranged from his daughters IMO. Roofing jobs are so ubiquitous in this area so I think John would have found another job easily, especially with all of his experience. Speculation only but absolutely tragic. Hope LE figures this out quickly. Good on the family for not giving up. Sending light and love to his family and loved ones.

From the article:
"We are truly grateful to those who all helped in finding John and enabling us to bring him home," the family said.

"John was a hard working man for his two kids and his family they are going to miss him so much. This is a major loss to our family that was very close to him.

"Our hearts go out to all the families that are searching for missing people, and many of those that joined the search for John were people like that.

"The private search groups that helped us were volunteers that came from several areas and we are just so grateful to have had their support at this time.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase
Back