TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, prized cyclist, fatally shot before race, Austin, May 2022 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think she was surprised at being caught on ringcam and the bicycle theft scenario not working ? In other words, was she planning on getting away with it, and was caught completely by surprise?
I think she has gotten away with it so far.....most likely premeditated and has help.

Do you think she was surprised at being caught on ringcam and the bicycle theft scenario not working ? In other words, was she planning on getting away with it, and was caught completely by surprise?

I take the whole bicycle theft thing with a grain of salt in regards to KA as it doesn't make much sense to me as described and the witness I don't think is entirely credible. The way the witness described it - which he was only an earwitness - was that it was some rush out the door in response to him opening the garage. I don't think she messed with the bike at risk of being caught, which the bike case was right by the garage that was opening. It might have been an unrelated theft not done by KA and it wouldn't surprise if it turns out that the bike wasn't fully assembled with that being the reason someone threw it in the bushes.

I take the whole bicycle theft thing with a grain of salt in regards to KA as it doesn't make much sense to me as described and the witness I don't think is entirely credible. The way the witness described it - which he was only an earwitness - was that it was some rush out the door in response to him opening the garage. I don't think she messed with the bike at risk of being caught, which the bike case was right by the garage that was opening. It might have been an unrelated theft not done by KA and it wouldn't surprise if it turns out that the bike wasn't fully assembled with that being the reason someone threw it in the bushes.
That would be an extreme coincidence….

I haven’t fully submerged myself in this case until recently so forgive me if it’s been discussed but has her family or friends made any comments publicly? Also, is there any possibility that she has committed suicide? I hate to think of that but it has crossed my mind and was curious if anyone had any thoughts.

That would be an extreme coincidence….

If you leave something out for hours in an area with crime, sooner or later someone is going to steal it. If it was stolen after she was already dead, she wouldn't have been around to hear anything and it would have sat out longer and longer as it got later and later, which darkness would further attract theft. CC herself raised the issue of that exact theft and I take it that CC knows what she's talking about since she lived there. Do you think it was an extreme coincidence that CC told police she warned MW of this happening? I'm not just pulling this scenario out of thin air as it's in the police affidavit with what CC said she told MW, so yeah, I'm saying what CC said could happen may have actually happened.

If you leave something out for hours in an area with crime, sooner or later someone is going to steal it. If it was stolen after she was already dead, she wouldn't have been around to hear anything and it would have sat out longer and longer as it got later and later, which darkness would further attract theft. CC herself raised the issue of that exact theft and I take it that CC knows what she's talking about since she lived there. Do you think it was an extreme coincidence that CC told police she warned MW of this happening? I'm not just pulling this scenario out of thin air as it's in the police affidavit with what CC said she told MW, so yeah, I'm saying what CC said could happen may have actually happened.
Oh, ok, I do understand now, yes.

I haven’t fully submerged myself in this case until recently so forgive me if it’s been discussed but has her family or friends made any comments publicly? Also, is there any possibility that she has committed suicide? I hate to think of that but it has crossed my mind and was curious if anyone had any thoughts.
Her father spoke out to say she couldn’t possibly have done this, but of course he has reason to see it that way.

There are some who think she might possibly have killed herself and I have had this thought at different times myself. But a lot points away from that: Her resources, her experience, her capabilities. But it can’t be ruled out.

Wow, good point about the possibility to hide out on a what, a 2100 mile trail. The totality, as you pointed out, could make it an excellent choice:

- Physically fit fugitive whose fitness activity is an endurance sport. She is accustomed to discomfort and can keep moving day after day.

- As you said, few people and lots of privacy. Cut and dye her hair and KA probably looks alot like many physically fit, 30 something women on the trail from a moderate distance. Or, just wear a bandanna as a scarf.

- A good number of fit, crunchy, and socially 'n environmentally aware types on the trail. Thus, as you stated, youngish hikers still covid masking in stores is probably not unheard of and would not raise eyebrows.

- Store employees in small towns may not be prone to religously watch out of area news for reports of a murder suspect on the run.
Personally, I don't think she's on the AT. But if she were there's this & precedent:

Last edited:
It’s a wonder that she hasn’t called her father to get an attorney to arrange a surrender to US Marshals. She’s been running for 5-6 weeks.
Again, I said this earlier but I think if she's alive it's a wonder she hasn't called CS to say "Look what you did to us, boo hoo, wasn't I enough, boo hoo, this is what you get, I bet you miss HER and don't miss ME, boo hoo. <-- I am the chiefest of sinners in this regard

Again, I said this earlier but I think if she's alive it's a wonder she hasn't called CS to say "Look what you did to us, boo hoo, wasn't I enough, boo hoo, this is what you get, I bet you miss HER and don't miss ME, boo hoo. <-- I am the chiefest of sinners in this regard
I’m sure she has a lot to say to him, probably along the lines of what you’re saying—but she doesn’t dare call him because he’s probably being watched by police for just that reason, so they can determine her whereabouts if she does call him.

And he would have to report the call or face obstruction charges.

Otherwise, I’m sure they’d be talking.

Din'chy'all see Gone Girl? I say she's holed up either at the Giant City Lodge in Makanda, Illinois (where they filmed the cabin scene where Amy did, indeed, get robbed of her nest egg) or holed up with Neil Patrick Harris in St. Louis.

I’m confident they knew weeks ago about Carmax and didn’t release it. Mainly I’m confident because if they didn’t, if this is a new discovery, they are the Keystone Kops and they don’t deserve to catch this chick who had the presence of mind to hock the car and likely take the check to check cashing for immediate liquidity. (Watch, that will come out next. She didn’t like deposit into her account at Chase or Wells Fargo and then hit an ATM for a daily limit of like $2K and then board a plane into anonymity. She took like $9K cash for that check from someone who was disinclined to call the police no matter what).

I’m sure she has a lot to say to him, probably along the lines of what you’re saying—but she doesn’t dare call him because he’s probably being watched by police for just that reason, so they can determine her whereabouts if she does call him.

And he would have to report the call or face obstruction charges.

Otherwise, I’m sure they’d be talking.
Wait. Why would he talk to her? As he said:

“My heart goes out to everyone who was more deeply traumatized by this than I was.”

If she's calling him at this point, I'd be very surprised.

I really don't think KA is needy enough to jeopardize her getaway. And CS isn't interested in anything but himself so.....

MOO

Din'chy'all see Gone Girl? I say she's holed up either at the Giant City Lodge in Makanda, Illinois (where they filmed the cabin scene where Amy did, indeed, get robbed of her nest egg) or holed up with Neil Patrick Harris in St. Louis.
LOL! I like you.
She‘s in upstate NY with someone’s bike, probably still another $15 or $20K in cash stuffed in her spandex, with a strikingly different haircut, grinding quinoa with a rock for the good of some spiritual collective. Most importantly: she is glad. She achieved her goal, and she plotted it from January on and it mostly unfolded as she pleased. In her mind Colin can live with the fruits he has sown; there is a reason why she left him alive. She hopes he suffers and fades out and loses it all. Even the car - the police freaked her out with video of the car and what happened? She wound up liquid richer boarding the plane, which probably wasn’t in her original plan. Imagine if the Alabama Whites had been more prudent about their cars … this woman has tremendous presence of mind for someone who is accused of premeditated murder, but I see it. I see where she feels like,
mission accomplished.

I’m confident they knew weeks ago about Carmax and didn’t release it. Mainly I’m confident because if they didn’t, if this is a new discovery, they are the Keystone Kops and they don’t deserve to catch this chick who had the presence of mind to hock the car and likely take the check to check cashing for immediate liquidity. (Watch, that will come out next. She didn’t like deposit into her account at Chase or Wells Fargo and then hit an ATM for a daily limit of like $2K and then board a plane into anonymity. She took like $9K cash for that check from someone who was disinclined to call the police no matter what).
If there was a branch of the bank that Carmax used in Austin she could easily have cashed the check for no fee the same day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam