GA GA - Shy'Kemmia Pate, 8, Unadilla, 4 Sept 1998

2 pages. this is sad. Looking at her street and the area, and the fact that the neighborhood is a high crime area, random people arent just passing through. If you're there, it's because you belong there. Its just a simple side road off a main road in a rural kind of setting. I don't know how the police have ruled out Quentin Kendrick, but apparently they did. He lived 300 yards from her. And it would appear that he is a violent serial rapist. And he liked them young. Even started in '94 while still in high school. Undilla rapist goes to trial I find it hard to believe that if this guy didn't do it if he was in the area. He had the opportunity and motive.

2 pages. this is sad. Looking at her street and the area, and the fact that the neighborhood is a high crime area, random people arent just passing through. If you're there, it's because you belong there. Its just a simple side road off a main road in a rural kind of setting. I don't know how the police have ruled out Quentin Kendrick, but apparently they did. He lived 300 yards from her. And it would appear that he is a violent serial rapist. And he liked them young. Even started in '94 while still in high school. Undilla rapist goes to trial I find it hard to believe that if this guy didn't do it if he was in the area. He had the opportunity and motive

I don't know if this is a stupid idea, a pipe dream, my own naivete or just plain inappropriate. but there is a certain person in prison for life who seems like the likely suspect. I would be willing to give him $5k(or stock his comissary or pay him some way)to reveal the bodies location if he knows it. I don't care about a confession or anything more than a location. and its a life sentence, so what more could go wrong for him? Is this the stupidest idea ever or even possible?

• pate_shykemmia6.jpg
  • shykemmia_shyrezz_pate_7.jpg
  • shykemmia_shyrezz_pate_8.jpg
  • shykemmia_shyrezz_pate_9.jpg
  • shykemmia_shyrezz_pate_10.jpg
Shy'Kemmia, circa 1998; Age-progression to age 27 (circa 2016)
  • Missing Since09/04/1998
  • Missing FromUnadilla, Georgia
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • SexFemale
  • RaceBlack
  • Date of Birth10/29/1989 (32)
  • Age8 years old
  • Height and Weight4'4, 59 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA neon green button-down Atlanta Braves jersey with red lettering, Levi's jeans, white K-Swiss sneakers and a leg brace.
  • Medical ConditionsShy'Kemmia suffers multiple medical conditions, including severe asthma that required at-home breathing treatments. One of her kidneys was underdeveloped from birth, and she also has a weak bladder. A week prior to her disappearance, she had an asthma attack and had to be hospitalized. In 1998, because of her bladder problem, Shy'Kemmia had to wear Pull-Ups, which are designed for potty training; otherwise she would have had to use the toilet every ten to fifteen minutes. She was often fatigued, and she had to wear a leg brace due to a displaced kneecap. Authorities believe Shy'Kemmia would have needed regular medical treatment to survive into adulthood.
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsAfrican-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Shy'Kemmia had braided extensions in her hair at the time of her disappearance, and her hair twirled in the front with 10 to 12 gold beads in the sections. She has a scar along her waistline from prior kidney surgery, and her ears are pierced. Her nickname is Shy-Shy.

Details of Disappearance​

Shy'Kemmia was last seen playing outside near her family's residence on Crumpler Avenue near The Roxy Club in Unadilla, Georgia at approximately 7:00 p.m. on September 4, 1998. Her family planned to attend a high school football game that evening.

Her older sister decided to get gasoline for her car and pick up Shy'Kemmia afterwards. When she returned from the gas station, she realized Shy'Kemmia was missing. The family at first assumed she must have gotten a ride with someone else or had gone to play at a friend's home.

The authorities were summoned after Shy'Kemmia's family was unable to locate her later in the night, but police incorrectly told her family she had to be missing for over 24 hours before they could begin an investigation. She has never been seen again.

Authorities have received numerous tips regarding Shy'Kemmia's disappearance, but no solid evidence has been located to guide them to her whereabouts. Neighbors in the area gave their consent for investigators to search their homes; police searched every residence, inside and out, in a five- to six-block radius from the Pate home and found no evidence in her case.

Shy'Kemmia is described as an outgoing child who loved skating and new clothes in 1998. She was involved with her family's church. Authorities believe that she may have been abducted by someone she was familiar with at the time, but everyone in her family has been cleared of suspicion. The neighborhood where she lived had a high crime rate with a lot of drug use and gambling. Her case remains unsolved.''

Lengthy detailed article..
1656214262825.png
''In 1998, everyone in ShyShy Pate’s neighborhood knew her, and everyone in her small town of Unadilla, Georgia, knew that she disappeared. Many were questioned by authorities, and even more opened up their homes to be searched — though it took more than 14 hours for authorities to begin looking for ShyShy in earnest, a mammoth lag that still haunts investigators and her family.
But few people outside middle Georgia have ever heard ShyShy’s name. The Pate family has felt the attention swell and dwindle (and mostly dwindle) for nearly two decades. They’ve struggled to keep the news media interested in the case. They’ve turned to social media, but it’s been hard to get followers there, too. On Facebook, there are almost too many missing kids; the Searching for ShyShy page has just 70 followers. Last fall, ShyShy’s family organized a 5K walk, selling T-shirts to promote awareness for her case and raise funds for the missing-children campaign Rock One Sock. They ended up $500 in the red. No one is searching for ShyShy anymore, outside a handful of her loved ones in Georgia.
Which raises two questions that Veronica Pate can’t answer quite so quickly, even after these 19 years: Is it because they’re black? Is it because they’re poor?''

1656338242643.png

I remember her because of her unusual name. I can't believe she didn't already have a thread here after all this time! Thank you for starting such a comprehensive one, @dotr!

‘I'm Still Searching For My Baby’: Georgia Mother Hopes For Answers In Daughter’s Disappearance

‘I'm Still Searching For My Baby’: Georgia Mother Hopes For Answers In Daughter’s Disappearance​

Shy’Kemmia “Shy Shy” Pate vanished without a trace at age 8 while playing outside her family’s home.

January 05, 2023

The case of a missing girl described as outgoing and a fan of new clothes and skating remains unsolved nearly 25 years after she was last seen at her family’s home in Georgia.

"I just want to let everybody know I'm still searching for my baby … she's not really a baby anymore but she's still my baby,” Veronica Pate said in 2021 of her daughter Shy’Kemmia “Shy Shy” Pate, WMAZ reported.

Around 7 p.m. on Sept. 4, 1998, Shy’Kemmia, then 8, was playing outside in Unadilla when the little girl’s older sister went to fill up her car with gas ahead of the family’s plan to attend a football game together that night.

When the sister returned, Shy’Kemmia was gone. Initially, the little girl’s family believed she may have just gone over to a friend’s house or found a ride to the game. As the evening wore on, however, Shy’Kemmia’s loved ones contacted police to report her missing.

She hasn’t been seen or heard from since.

According to the Charley Project, authorities believe someone Shy’Kemmia was familiar with may have kidnapped her. Investigators, the organization notes, thoroughly searched every home within a roughly six-block radius of the Pate residence but they turned up no sign of the child. They also cleared her family members of suspicion in connection with the case.

Shy’Kemmia battled multiple medical issues that likely would have required medical treatment, including severe asthma as well as kidney and bladder problems.

The evening she disappeared, Shy’Kemmia was wearing a leg brace, Levi’s jeans, a neon green button-down Atlanta Braves jersey with red lettering, and white K-Swiss sneakers.

She has a distinctive surgical scar that runs along her waistline.

“I feel in my heart that she’s still alive but any closure would be okay with me,” Veronica Pate told WALB of her daughter. “I think she’s still alive but I don’t weigh the options whether if she’s dead or alive, but in my heart, I feel that she’s still alive.”

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation requests anyone with information that could be helpful to the case to contact the agency at (478) 987-4545 or submit an anonymous tip by calling (800) 597-TIPS (8477).

''Shy 'Kemmia Shy' Rezz Pate​

Case Info​

Last seen date: Fri, 09/04/1998 - 12:00
Race: Black
Weight: 59
Height: 4'4"
Eyes: Brown
Hair Color: Black
Sex: Female
Contact Info: GBI Tip Line at 1-800-597-TIPS (800)-597-8477.

89984493shyshy2.jpg

Shy-Shy was last seen Friday, September 4, at 7:00pm on Crumpler Avenue in Unadilla near the Roxy Club. She has braided, shoulder length hair with twirls in the front. There are 10 to 12 small gold beads in the twirls. Shy-Shy needs medication for her asthma. At the time of her disappearance, she was wearing a bright, neon green, button-up shirt with the word "Braves" in red on the front; Levi blue jeans; and white K-Swiss tennis shoes. A $15,000 reward has been offered by the FBI, GBI and Governor's Office for information leading to her safe return. Please call (478) 987-4545 with any information.''

The Fall Line Podcast re released a 2 part episode about shykemmia's disappearance.

After researching this case for many years, I finally have a suspect. I think that Donald Preston “Flat” Ferguson is responsible for her abduction. He was convicted in the case of Shalonda Poole and these cases are eerily similar. The two beautiful angels looked nearly exactly alike. I also think he is responsible for the disappearances of Asha Degree, and believe it or not the cases of Heaven Ross and Shannon Paulk. I wonder if the causes of death in the Heaven Ross case and Shannon Paulk case are the same as what was found to have occurred to Shalonda Poole. If so he is our guy. Asha and Shy’Kemmia still haven’t been found. Someone else research these cases and see what you think about the suspect.
reaching

Bumping case up. I think this case would have more attention if it were easier to find. I had to click the link in the closed thread to find this thread. Only what appears to be a closed thread comes up with the search terms "Kemmia" or "Rezz," which made the most sense in my brain.

I just came across her case here:

and that is why I was seeking it on Websleuths.

I doubt that behind the scenes LE actually ruled-out POIs from the neighborhood. However they sadly weren't able to solve her case. It is such a tragedy. My heart goes out to her family.

Posting to bump for Shy'Kemmia Pate.
download.jpg

• Missing Since 09/04/1998
  • Missing From Unadilla, Georgia
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race Black
  • Date of Birth10/29/1989 (33)
  • Age 8 years old
  • Height and Weight 4'4, 59 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry Description A neon green button-down Atlanta Braves jersey with red lettering, Levi's jeans, white K-Swiss sneakers and a leg brace.
  • Medical Conditions Shy'Kemmia suffers multiple medical conditions, including severe asthma that required at-home breathing treatments. One of her kidneys was underdeveloped from birth, and she also has a weak bladder. A week prior to her disappearance, she had an asthma attack and had to be hospitalized. In 1998, because of her bladder problem, Shy'Kemmia had to wear Pull-Ups, which are designed for potty training; otherwise she would have had to use the toilet every ten to fifteen minutes. She was often fatigued, and she had to wear a leg brace due to a displaced kneecap. Authorities believe Shy'Kemmia would have needed regular medical treatment to survive into adulthood.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes. Shy'Kemmia had braided extensions in her hair at the time of her disappearance, and her hair twirled in the front with 10 to 12 gold beads in the sections. She has a scar along her waistline from prior kidney surgery, and her ears are pierced. Her nickname is Shy-Shy.

Her mother, Veronica Pate, told the center that she hopes the new image will generate new information surrounding her daughter’s disappearance.

“I am not going to give up or stop believing that she will come back one day,” she said.
d7eedc44-2030-4c86-a967-b96ffa24a836_750x422.jpg

“Our age progression images have played a pivotal role in reuniting missing children with their families,” said Angeline Hartmann, NCMEC director of communications. “Today, on Shy’Kemmia’s 34th birthday were asking everyone to take a moment to look at this new image. We just need the right person to see it and make that call

Her mother, Veronica Pate, told the center that she hopes the new image will generate new information surrounding her daughter’s disappearance.

“I am not going to give up or stop believing that she will come back one day,” she said.
d7eedc44-2030-4c86-a967-b96ffa24a836_750x422.jpg

“Our age progression images have played a pivotal role in reuniting missing children with their families,” said Angeline Hartmann, NCMEC director of communications. “Today, on Shy’Kemmia’s 34th birthday were asking everyone to take a moment to look at this new image. We just need the right person to see it and make that call
We need to share this everywhere!! Come home soon Shyshy!!!

What an awful story. So sad that even if she was kept alive initially (which is highly unlikely statistically imo) she would have likely died due to not getting the medical care needed for her health problems. :( I hope sweet Shy'Kemmia is safe and at peace, now.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back