CONVICTION OVERTURNED GA - Ross Harris Trial Appeal, hot car death of son, Cooper

If RH had killed his wife there would not have been even a question about limiting the amount of cheating and sexting evidence.

I really hope they retry him but I don't think he would go on the stand. He would have to explain why he lied by omission about vising the car at lunch and why he told LE that he wasn't the primary person to take Cooper to daycare, among other things.
I'm not so sure about that. The GSC did talk about how killing his wife made more sense to achieve his goals of have sex with as many women as possible than killing his child. JMO.

Not to mention the endless d*ck pics.
For some reason the State also felt the jury needed to see his genitals in great detail so they blew them up into larger photos.
Nine of these pictures were admitted twice – once as thumbnail-size photos embedded in the record of the messages Appellant exchanged with the women, and again as separate, full-page (8.5 by 11 inches), color exhibits.
See page 90 of link.

I'm not so sure about that. The GSC did talk about how killing his wife made more sense to achieve his goals of have sex with as many women as possible than killing his child. JMO.
IIRC Leanna Taylor testified that they had a happy marriage until Cooper came along. So I would ask Ross Harris how he could still be happy with his son if his son was the reason he was unhappy with his marriage. Would he have been happier with Cooper as a single dad?

IIRC Leanna Taylor testified that they had a happy marriage until Cooper came along. So I would ask Ross Harris how he could still be happy with his son if his son was the reason he was unhappy with his marriage. Would he have been happier with Cooper as a single dad?
Maybe. Of course it's hardly unheard of for men to become physically disinterested in their wives post childbirth. Or for new mothers to become disinterested in sex for a time. Doesn't generally cause men to murder their kids.

I don't think RH wanted to be single at all. He was doing what he wanted while being a married father. JMO.

Last edited:
One problem I have with the State's case is they say RH killed Cooper so that he could sext and have sex with as many woman as possible. Then they give the jury an enormous amount of evidence showing RH doing those things non stop for Coopers' two years of life and even before he was born.

It doesn't appear that Cooper hindered RH in achieving his sick goals. JMO.

I find it bizarre that a man's frame of mind and interaction with other women - around the time his child died in such circumstances - would be considered (by some) as not being relative to why Cooper is dead.

That's akin to thinking someone like Chris Watts' affair played no part in him murdering his children. He wanted to be free from all responsibilities. Ross would have been free from all responsibility 'only' getting rid of Cooper since he and Leanna were on a level pegging, earnings wise.

I'm well aware of the difference. My point is the mindset. What other way can a prosecutor go about proving that without using evidence uncovered during an investigation?
A serial cheater doesn't = murderer. A sexual deviant with a thing for young girls is a different mindset. Doesn't = murderer either, but the deviant is on a different level.

In the event there is a new trial, Ross's communications on the day will not be excluded, so will be interesting to see what will be 'allowed' outwith that, if anything.

I imagine the sensationalist aspect of a minor's involvement was a factor in the Court's decision. I've yet to read it in full, but will do.

I still believe Ross planned it and sincerely hope there is a retrial.

He was a happily cheating husband until be became a father. That's why I don't think he would have been happier as a single dad.
That's not true. He kept on going until Cooper died on June 18th 2014.
In May 2014, Appellant hired a prostitute for sex three times.
Indeed, Appellant’s successful engagement in many long-running online relationships suggested that he was not actually hampered by Cooper’s existence such that he needed to divorce Leanna, much less murder Cooper, to fulfill his desires. For example, Sims testified that she began communicating with Appellant in June 2012, two months before Cooper was born, and Swindell testified that she began communicating with
Appellant in late 2012 or early 2013, shortly after Cooper was born.
Both women continued their relationships with Appellant until Cooper’s death.
See pages 45, 114 and 115 in link.

I find it bizarre that a man's frame of mind and interaction with other women - around the time his child died in such circumstances - would be considered (by some) as not being relative to why Cooper is dead.

That's akin to thinking someone like Chris Watts' affair played no part in him murdering his children. He wanted to be free from all responsibilities. Ross would have been free from all responsibility 'only' getting rid of Cooper since he and Leanna were on a level pegging, earnings wise.

I'm well aware of the difference. My point is the mindset. What other way can a prosecutor go about proving that without using evidence uncovered during an investigation?
A serial cheater doesn't = murderer. A sexual deviant with a thing for young girls is a different mindset. Doesn't = murderer either, but the deviant is on a different level.

In the event there is a new trial, Ross's communications on the day will not be excluded, so will be interesting to see what will be 'allowed' outwith that, if anything.

I imagine the sensationalist aspect of a minor's involvement was a factor in the Court's decision. I've yet to read it in full, but will do.

I still believe Ross planned it and sincerely hope there is a retrial.
And with both CW and RH they made a big show of being a loving and caring dad because they wanted to project that image, but when they killed their children, they were unable to demonstrate any genuine normal grief, IMO.

That's akin to thinking someone like Chris Watts' affair played no part in him murdering his children.

I find it equally bizarre that some think intentional murder of a child logically follows sexting and cheating. If Harris intentionally killed Cooper (and he very well may have), I don't think it was for extra sexting and cheating time because, as the court said, he didn't kill his wife.

Huge difference between Harris and Watts? Leanna is still with us.

I find it equally bizarre that some think intentional murder of a child logically follows sexting and cheating. If Harris intentionally killed Cooper (and he very well may have), I don't think it was for extra sexting and cheating time because, as the court said, he didn't kill his wife.

Leanna wasn't pregnant like Shanann Watts was.

I think both RH and CW viewed fatherhood as a tiresome chore that they wanted to be over with. JMO

I've been having problems for days trying to post.

I can only see your name in the quoted reply box, no content. Hopefully it shows when it posts.
If not, it was about your post during the trial when you suggested a car experiment.

Didn't someone's husband try it and post pictures? I'm starting to re-read, when I come across them I'll bring them here.

I think you're right, someone took pictures of the same model car with the same model car seat.

Then showed where the elbow of a 6' tall driver would be backing up.

Touching the car seat or the toddler's head.

(Sometimes Quote is wonky, sometimes Search is wonky, but the posters here make up for all that imho!)

jmho ymmv lrr

I think you're right, someone took pictures of the same model car with the same model car seat.

Then showed where the elbow of a 6' tall driver would be backing up.

Touching the car seat or the toddler's head.

(Sometimes Quote is wonky, sometimes Search is wonky, but the posters here make up for all that imho!)

jmho ymmv lrr
Does everyone put their right hand on the passenger seat and turn their head to look out the rear of a vehicle when backing up? I usually just use my mirror's. JMO.

So Ross spared his wife because she wasn't pregnant? Having a little trouble with that logic.
I don't want to get too off topic but CW told his wife that he didn't want baby Nico and he has confessed to premeditating their murders.

I've always wondered if RH ever gave his wife the impression that he didn't want Cooper. It always seemed strange to me how her greatest fear about Cooper being left in a hot car came true. IIRC she even asked RH whether he was sure he still wanted to have kids right after he killed Cooper.

I don't think Leanna ever really believed he would hurt Cooper though. JMO

I would find it bizarre too, but that is not what I said.

I believe Ross wanted to be free from the burden of a child full stop. He didn't appear to have much interest in Leanna, I doubt he planned on staying married to her.

I'm finding it difficult to comprehend the logic behind the court's mention of Leanna on the point in your post. Are we to believe a Georgia court has never encountered a case where a (cheating) parent killed a child, but not their partner?

Shanann was pregnant, all burdens eliminated. Leanna wasn't, no burden for Ross going forward.

I would find it bizarre too, but that is not what I said.

I believe Ross wanted to be free from the burden of a child full stop. He didn't appear to have much interest in Leanna, I doubt he planned on staying married to her.

I'm finding it difficult to comprehend the logic behind the court's mention of Leanna on the point in your post. Are we to believe a Georgia court has never encountered a case where a (cheating) parent killed a child, but not their partner?

Shanann was pregnant, all burdens eliminated. Leanna wasn't, no burden for Ross going forward.
RH goal was to sext and have sex with as many woman as possible and the evidence presented by the State shows that being married didn't slow him down.

The GSC didn't overturn the murder conviction because they felt the State didn't have enough evidence to convict. They overturned the conviction because the trial court allowed the State to present cumulative and prejudicial evidence to the jury. JMO.

I don't think Leanna ever really believed he would hurt Cooper though. JMO

And she still doesn't believe he intentionally hurt Cooper. I don't know if you watched the trial, but I found Leanna to be intelligent and thoughtful (don't know what she saw in Ross) and as she knows Harris (and we don't) and her child was the victim, I'm not going to dismiss her thoughts out of hand.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back