CA CA - Wendy Lee Pullins, 57, Res Ahwahnee Madera Co, red Jeep Cherokee, phoned family from Stumpfield Mountain Rd, Mariposa Co, 15 June 2022 *reward*

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1655877149576.png

MISSING PERSON ALERT The Madera County Sheriff’s Office is seeking the public’s help in locating a missing adult. 57 year old Wendy Lee Pullins is an Ahwahnee resident who was last known to be in Mariposa County on 06/15/2022.

Wendy is a 57 year old while female adult, brown hair, brown eyes, 5’ 4” tall. She is possibly driving a red Jeep Cherokee, CA Lic 2XIF957 (photos attached).

If anyone has information relating to this case, please contact the Madera County Sheriff’s Office at (559) 675-7770. If you see Wendy, please call 911.

A 57-year-old Ahwahnee woman has been missing for nearly a week and the Madera County Sheriff’s Office is asking for the public’s help to find her.

Wendy Lee Pullins last spoke to her family on June 15, the sheriff’s office said Tuesday in a news release. At the time, Pullins said she was on Stumpfiled Mountain Road in Maripsoa County, according to her family.

Pullins is 5-foot-4 with brown hair and eyes and is known to drive a red 1991 Jeep Cherokee, with the license plate number 2XIF957.

Anyone with information on her whereabouts is asked to contact the Madera County Sheriff’s Office at 559-675-7770, or call 911 if they see her.

LE waited a long time to make this public. Some friends and family members have posted comments at Madera Sheriff FB link.

Her FB (last post June 14)

Edited to add: probably no significance to this case, but it seems she had a close nephew "DC" who died in a motorcycle accident on April 28 in Bootjack on Highway 49 South, near Pegleg Road. Looks like that is about 22 minutes from Stumpfield Mountain Rd where she last spoke to her family. Many prayers to her family as I am sure this is all unbelievably stressful.

1655942631626.png

Last edited:
Wendy Lee Pullins, 57, is a cherished daughter and sister, mother of three and grandmother of nine. Authorities said she was last known to be in Mariposa County on June 15.

“She is sweet and wonderful and would help anybody that would need help,” said her sister, Holly Pullins Watson. “She is always there for friends and anyone.”

Wendy is described as having brown hair and eyes, and being 5’ 4” tall. She may be driving a red Jeep Cherokee, California license plate 2XIF957.

Family said Wendy planned to visit the DMV in Mariposa on Wednesday to register the new red Jeep she’d recently purchased from a tow yard. But she never made it.

Watson said she last heard from her sister Wendy via text on Tuesday night.

The text read in part, “I can’t call from here can you tell mom Oakhurst couldn’t register car so I had to go to Mariposa didn’t make it in time so staying out here don’t have the gas to make it back then back again so I will go back tomorrow.”

Holly said she knew Wendy planned to stay at a friend’s house on Stumpfield Mountain Road in Mariposa County rather than return to the family’s shared acreage and homes in Ahwahnee.

The entire family and its community are still reeling from the loss of Holly’s son, Dillon Crossman, 33, who died in a motorcycle crash in Mariposa on April 28.

Dillon’s memorial is on Saturday at the Oakhurst Community Center at 3 p.m.

“Wendy wouldn’t be gone right now,” the grieving mother said. “She’d be helping me with the last things to be done” before Dillon’s memorial.

Wendy works with their cousin at a property management service in Wawona. Holly got a call from the cousin on Wednesday morning, June 15, asking if she’d seen Wendy, who hadn’t checked in at work. Wendy’s days off were Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday was her day Mariposa Gazette | News for the Mariposa-Yosemite Region return.

MCSO responded on Monday, June 27, to an inquiry from the Gazette requesting updated information on the case.

“The Madera County Sheriff’s Office continues its collaborative efforts with the Mariposa County Sheriff’s Office to locate missing person Wendy Lee Pullins,” a spokesperson for the office said, repeating Pullins’ previously published description and make of vehicle.

“Detectives are following leads and reviewing data, including cell phone records, to identify Ms. Pullins’ whereabouts.”

It was unknown at press time what specific methods were being employed in the search for Pullins, including whether canines, drones, search and rescue personnel, off-road vehicles, helicopter and other resources were employed.

At least one resident noted the recent repeated presence of a helicopter overhead in the Stumpfield Mountain Road area. The California Highway Patrol helicopter H-40 is sometimes used for searches in Madera County.

Stumpfield Mountain Road has been described as a rural road that begins along Highway 49 South in Mariposa County and eventually connects to a road around the Bailey Flats area of Madera County.

Meanwhile, Wendy’s family was already reeling from the loss of Holly’s son, Dillon Crossman, 33, who died in a motorcycle crash in Mariposa on April 28.

Dillon’s memorial was Saturday, June 25, at the Oakhurst Community Center, where a photograph of Wendy was taped to an empty chair in a poignant tribute to the missing woman.

More at link.

Here‘s the general area. The place she called from is only like 12 mile from her hometown. Ahwahnee to Stumpfield Mountain Road
It looks pretty rugged. Could she have had car trouble and ended up going off the road somewhere? She had just purchase3d the vehicle from a tow company so it may have had mechanical problems that she wasn't aware of?

“Detectives are following leads and reviewing data, including cell phone records, to identify Ms. Pullins’ whereabouts.”

It was unknown at press time what specific methods were being employed in the search for Pullins, including whether canines, drones, search and rescue personnel, off-road vehicles, helicopter and other resources were employed.

At least one resident noted the recent repeated presence of a helicopter overhead in the Stumpfield Mountain Road area. The California Highway Patrol helicopter H-40 is sometimes used for searches in Madera County.

Stumpfield Mountain Road has been described as a rural road that begins along Highway 49 South in Mariposa County and eventually connects to a road around the Bailey Flats area of Madera County.

Meanwhile, Wendy’s family was already reeling from the loss of Holly’s son, Dillon Crossman, 33, who died in a motorcycle crash in Mariposa on April 28.

Dillon’s memorial was Saturday, June 25, at the Oakhurst Community Center, where a photograph of Wendy was taped to an empty chair in a poignant tribute to the missing woman.

“Wendy wouldn’t be gone right now,” Holly said as she made the final arrangements for her son’s public memorial. “She’d be helping me with the last things to be done.”

Family said Wendy planned to visit the DMV in Mariposa on Wednesday to register the new red Jeep she’d recently purchased from a tow yard. But she never made it.

Watson said she last heard from her sister Wendy via text on Tuesday night.

The text read in part, “I can’t call from here can you tell mom Oakhurst couldn’t register car so I had to go to Mariposa didn’t make it in time so staying out here don’t have the gas to make it back then back again so I will go back tomorrow.”

Holly said she knew Wendy planned to stay at a friend’s house on Stumpfield Mountain Road in Mariposa County rather than return to the family’s shared acreage and homes in Ahwahnee.

Mariposa Gazette | News for the Mariposa-Yosemite Region
RSBM

Why couldn't Oakhurst register Wendy's vehicle? Has anyone checked with the Oakhurst Business Center and the Mariposa DMV to determine whether she made it either of these locations? It seems there would be cameras in those areas that may have caught her and/or her vehicle.

Google Maps - Mariposa DMV from Oakhurst Business Center

RSBM

Why couldn't Oakhurst register Wendy's vehicle? Has anyone checked with the Oakhurst Business Center and the Mariposa DMV to determine whether she made it either of these locations? It seems there would be cameras in those areas that may have caught her and/or her vehicle.

Google Maps - Mariposa DMV from Oakhurst Business Center
I’m not sure what is going on and why LE doesn’t state her car isn’t registered cause it dang sure isn’t. I checked every license tag search site I could find…

Wendy has been missing almost a month now and the Madera County Sheriff's office still won't say what methods (if any) they have used in the search. They haven't given an update since June 27.

Another family milestone has passed along with another week without any word from Ahwahnee resident and grandmother of nine, Wendy Lee Pullins.

There has been no reported sighting of the bright red Jeep, according to authorities. And now Wendy’s missed her sister Holly Watson’s birthday, something family said she would never do.

Nor would she ever miss the memorial celebration of life for Holly’s son Dillon Crossman that took place on June 25 in Oakhurst. Crossman died in a motorcycle crash in Mariposa in April.

Those milestones were met without Wendy, who is the mother of twin sons and one daughter.

Daughter Cassie flew out from Boise, Idaho, for her cousin Dillon’s memorial at the Oakhurst Community Center, where nearly 200 people were in attendance. Holly said the grieving young woman watched the door, just hoping her mom would walk through.

“It was heartbreaking,” Holly said. “It’s really hard to just be wondering each day.”

Holly described Wendy as being “sweet and wonderful,” someone who would help anybody that would need help. “She is always there for friends and anyone.”

Having lost her son and in a desperate search for her sister, Holly Watson is being supported by the local nonprofit organization, Helping One Woman (HOW). A dinner will be held to help the family on July 20 at The Hitchin’ Post in Ahwahnee.

Meanwhile, the Madera County Sheriff’s Office is the primary agency in the investigation into Pullins’ disappearance, as they and detectives with the Mariposa County Sheriff’s Office continue to follow leads in the search for the missing woman.

On June 27, the Madera County Sheriff’s Office responded to a request from the Gazette for an update on the search for Wendy Pullins.

“The Madera County Sheriff’s Office continues its collaborative efforts with the Mariposa County Sheriff’s Office to locate missing person Wendy Lee Pullins,” a spokesperson for the office said, repeating Pullins’ previously published description and make of vehicle.

No further information was made public by MCSO. It was still unknown what specific methods were being employed in the search for Pullins, including whether canines, drones, search and rescue (SAR) personnel, OHV, helicopter and other resources were used.

Also unknown is any status on information which may have been relayed from the woman’s cell phone after she made her last call to inform her family of the plans she had concerning the vehicle.

Authorites ask anyone with information on the disappearance of Wendy Pullins to contact the Madera County Sheriff’s Office at (559) 675-7770 or the Mariposa County Sheriff’s Office at (209) 966-3615.

If you see Wendy Pullins or have any information, call 911.

Wendy was believed to have been at a home on Stumpfield Mountain Road in Mariposa County when she sent her last known text. The rural road begins along Highway 49 South in Mariposa County and eventually connects to a road around the Bailey Flats area of Madera County.

The Madera County Sheriff’s Office (MCSO) is the primary agency in the investigation into Wendy’s disappearance, as they and detectives with the Mariposa County Sheriff’s Office continue to follow leads in the search for the missing woman.

Meanwhile, her sister, Holly Watson, is feeding Wendy’s cat Foo, who “adored her,” along with a mama cat and five kittens she was fostering. And Holly is wondering what happened to Wendy.

So is the rest of the big, close-knit family. Wendy is a mother of three and grandmother of nine children. She has twin boys, Randy and Ron, and a daughter named Cassie. Randy lives locally and has two boys and two girls. Ron lives in Idaho and has a boy and a girl. Cassie also lives in Idaho and is the mother of three girls.

Like all of her family, Wendy’s sons and daughter are “so worried.”

“I talk to all of them every day,” Holly said. “Randy and his girlfriend tried to get her phone records but we couldn’t get past the security. Randy drove all around searching. Her daughter is just so sad it’s hard to even discuss it. Their father died a few years ago, too, so now both their parents are gone.”

I'm assuming it was her friend's who she was suppose to see that alerted her family she was missing? Am I assuming correctly? Her cell if I'm not wrong pinged from the friend's place? So, maybe she was going to the store and her car broke down shortly after leaving the friend's place and that's when something happened, either she got lost or something else on walking back to the friend's place? Her phone may have lost service or the charge was low close to being nil. I know in hindsight its always better to travel with a fully charge cell phone.

I hope the former owner of that vehicle is not involved. People can get very angry over their car being impounded and then sold. If the former owner was a local, they may have been able to get insider information. I hope LE had talks with the impound yard owner and employees.

“I’m walking around in a daze still,” said Holly this week, almost two months after the last text she received from her sister said Wendy was staying overnight at the home of Norma Allen on Stumpfield Mountain Road in Mariposa.

Between her son and her sister, “I don’t even know who to grieve for on which day,” Holly continued. “When I go feed her cats I sit in the car sometimes and look up at her trailer and cry and wonder — why her?”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas
Back