KY KY - Crystal Rogers, 35, Bluegrass Parkway, 3 July 2015 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
First heard about this on a crime junkie episode. I didn't know there had been an update of them finding items of interest. Hoping they release what they found soon. Without reading through everything can anyone update me on any updates there has been? This is one case that really stuck with me since I heard it.

from my notes:

6/28/21 Update: There were few developments in the case until the summer of 2020, when the FBI announced they were taking over as the lead investigators. Federal officers served search warrants on Houck family properties, went through Rogers' storage unit- which had never been searched before- and announced they would be completing hundreds of interviews in their search for the truth. This week the FBI provided WHAS11 with this update on the investigation: "As the sixth anniversary of the disappearance of Crystal approaches, FBI Louisville remains steadfast in its investigation. Our investigators continue to uncover information & are working diligently to piece together what truly happened on July 3, 2015. The FBI will continue to use all available resources to bring this investigation to an appropriate conclusion."

8/24/21 Update: Based on information collected over the last year by the federal investigation into the disappearance of Crystal, FBI Louisville is now conducting several searches in the Woodlawn Springs subdivision (Bardstown, KY). A family member of Crystal Rogers told WDRB that the FBI was using K-9s in the search. Sonar equipment was also seen being used on the scene. Agents reportedly planned to continue searching until late Tuesday evening. It's unclear if they will return on Wednesday. Agents & sheriff's deputies were cleared around 9 p.m. Tuesday. The FBI just confirmed they will be back out at this Bardstown property, searching for a second day. On day #1 they laid tarps, brought out shovels & used a cadaver dog to find where to dig. The driveway/concrete appeared to be a point of interest.

8/25/21: FBI Louisville is back in Bardstown Wednesday searching the area around a home built by her ex-boyfriend’s construction company. The Nelson County road department lent assistance in the morning, providing a backhoe, truck with a dump bed & a handful of workers. The crew spent about an hour at the site of the search, which is not visible from a security checkpoint restricting access to North Howard Street. The crew left around 10am hauling broken concrete in the bed of the truck. The FBI just confirmed there will be a third day of searching on Thursday, 8/26/21 in Bardstown. They plan to start early in the morning. Initially, this search was supposed to last one day. They now appear to be focused on one spot, underneath a driveway.

8/26/21: FBI Search Day 3: Every so often we see another Nelson County Road Dept. truck hauling thick pieces of concrete through this Woodlawn Springs neighborhood as the FBI continues to look for clues in the Crystal Rogers case. More of the same as yesterday. Will be back for day #4 of the Rogers' search first thing Friday morning.

8/27/21: FBI just announced agents have found an item of interest during their dig in the Woodlawn Springs subdivision. FBI wrapping up work for today. And will be back tomorrow for Crystal's search day 5.

8/28/21: FBI was back on Saturday. Also the FBI is offering up to a $25K reward for info leading to the identification, arrest & conviction of the individual(s) responsible for the disappearance of Crystal. The site of the FBI search is now under 24 hour surveillance, by multiple agencies. KSP taking over the roadblock for the night shift while Nelson County Sheriff continues working it during the day.

8/29/21: FBI search day #6… heavy machinery rolling past the roadblocks to assist in the property search. Based off of what I can see (from the roadblock) it appears the search may have moved to the front yard. Still no update on the “item of interest” discovered Friday. Sheriff’s deputies continue to work the roadblock, as FBI special agents search a property.

8/30/21: The FBI search continues today through the rain in Bardstown. FBI search will be suspended due to weather. Special agents say multiple items of interest that initially show they could potentially be relevant to the case & have been discovered on site & sent to the FBI Lab. 9/2/21: FBI personnel will be conducting a search of the materials located at the offsite collection point in Bardstown, KY on Saturday, Sept. 4th.

9/4/21: FBI special agents are back in Bardstown this morning digging at Dean Watts Park- where they dumped materials removed from the search site. This is right across the street from the subdivision where they were digging last week.

9/7/21: FBI says recent search related to disappearance of Crystal Rogers has concluded. Special agents now focused on bringing justice to the people responsible for her disappearance.

If you want anything before that - let me know! :)

The family would typically hold a large prayer service dedicated to sharing Rogers’ name and image.

This year, Ballard said they opted not to, seeing the told it takes on the family.

“It’s just getting to be a lot on everyone, and I see the emotions it has on my daughter’s kids,” she said.

Tori, Rogers’ 18-year-old daughter, is now wanting to take a larger role in sharing her mother’s story.

“I feel like she was just here yesterday, but at the same time, it feels like I haven’t seen her in a long time,” she said. “I feel like a big hold has been left in my heart, where she should be.”

Ballard told WHAS11 News while she is frustrated her daughter has not been found.

I just listened to "Generation Why" 25 April episode. Nothing really new, although I either didn't know or had forgotten about the FBI finding 'items of interest'.

In a town no bigger than this I have a hard time separating this from the murder of the police officer and the murder of Crystal's father. One thing that is mentioned in the podcast is that the FBI came in with the IRS. I've worked white collar crime as an auditor with the feds and I didn't see any IRS agents. BUT where I have seen them is in drug investigations. A former undercover vice cop told me they had in addition to LE they had an IRS agent on the local drug task force.

Crystal's BF had his own business. I wonder what all could be going on there? I believe Crystal worked in the business.

I just listened to "Generation Why" 25 April episode. Nothing really new, although I either didn't know or had forgotten about the FBI finding 'items of interest'.

In a town no bigger than this I have a hard time separating this from the murder of the police officer and the murder of Crystal's father. One thing that is mentioned in the podcast is that the FBI came in with the IRS. I've worked white collar crime as an auditor with the feds and I didn't see any IRS agents. BUT where I have seen them is in drug investigations. A former undercover vice cop told me they had in addition to LE they had an IRS agent on the local drug task force.

Crystal's BF had his own business. I wonder what all could be going on there? I believe Crystal worked in the business.
You believe Crystal worked in what business? TIA

I've heard two different versions. Brooks states in his interview with the sheriff that she HAD worked at a nearby convenience store. But the podcasters state that she was working with Brooks in his business at the time of her disappearance.
I have heard that she was helping Brooks with his business. But it's been so long, I don't know where to start looking for a source. Can anyone help on that? TIA

This new article sounds interesting:

Mother Of Missing Kentucky Woman Crystal Rogers Says ‘Justice Is Coming:' | Oxygen Official Site

Not a lot of details unfortunately. They are not saying what the 'items of interest' (found in the soil at the Bardstown home that was being built by Brooks Houck) actually are, but they don't seem to be dismissing them as irrelevant. So it could be that when they say the FBI is 'working with prosecutors' that they are considering a murder case without a body.

This new article sounds interesting:

Mother Of Missing Kentucky Woman Crystal Rogers Says ‘Justice Is Coming:' | Oxygen Official Site

Not a lot of details unfortunately. They are not saying what the 'items of interest' (found in the soil at the Bardstown home that was being built by Brooks Houck) actually are, but they don't seem to be dismissing them as irrelevant. So it could be that when they say the FBI is 'working with prosecutors' that they are considering a murder case without a body.
I sure hope she's right! I know it's so important to have all their ducks in a row. We saw with the Suzanne morphew case that even when something seems so obvious, charges can get dropped or even worse someone can be found not guilty if things aren't in order, especially with a no body case.

I can not access this article - is this brand new? Can you give a 10% synopsis on it so I can put some notes on my stuff? TIA! :)
October 17, 2022

FBI agents are back in Bardstown and a search is underway on a 245 acre farm, known as the last place Crystal Rogers was seen alive. Agents were first spotted on Paschal Ballard Lane around 7:30 a.m. Monday morning. The agency confirmed to WHAS11 they are executing a search warrant on the property...

In total, 18 cadaver dogs, the LMPD dive team and more than two dozen investigators took part in the search lasting two days. Detectives told our crew they found items of interest and they towed those items away.
Years later, the FBI would publicly become involved in the case. They executed search warrants in the farm first in 2020. Now they are back, in the continued search for Crystal Rogers.

The FBI is also still investigating the death of Rogers' father, Tommy Ballard, who was shot and killed five years ago while hunting on his own property more than a year after Rogers went missing.

FBI Louisville says the search could take several days, depending on weather and ground conditions.

Sherry Ballard is expected to release a statement later this afternoon.

I can not access this article - is this brand new? Can you give a 10% synopsis on it so I can put some notes on my stuff? TIA! :)
It is new! Nice find, Niner.

Published: 8:19 AM EDT October 17, 2022
Updated: 8:19 AM EDT October 17, 2022
Facebook Twitter
NELSON COUNTY, Ky. — FBI agents are back in Bardstown and a search is underway on a 245 acre farm, known as the last place Crystal Rogers was seen alive. Agents were first spotted on Paschal Ballard Lane around 7:30 a.m. Monday morning. The agency confirmed to WHAS11 they are executing a search warrant on the property.

The 245-acre farm is located on Paschal Ballard Lane, near the intersection of Loretta Road and Balltown Road. It's about nine miles south of downtown Bardstown.
Rosemary Houck, Brooks Houck's mom, owns the property. Brooks Houck was named the main suspect in Rogers' disappearance in October of 2015, but has never been arrested or charged in the case.
This is not the first time investigators have searched the property. WHAS11 records reveal the family farm has been searched at least three other times over the last 7 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe