Found Safe TX - ES, 14, "dropped off" at Bewley Park at midnight & poss p/u frm there, McGregor, 29 June 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
Parents search for missing 14-year-old of McGregor

Coryell County Sheriff's Office FB

Parents search for missing 14-year-old of McGregor

last updated 7:31 PM, Jul 02, 2022
MCGREGOR, Texas — ES of McGregor has been reported missing.
The 14-year-old teen was last seen Wednesday, according to a report on her disappearance.

ES stands at 5 feet 2 inches and weighs approximately 175 pounds.
She has brown hair and brown eyes.

AC of McGregor has also been reported missing and is the same age as ES and was declared missing also on Wednesday. It is unknown at this time if the cases are related.

Those with information about her whereabouts can contact CFSI of Texas at (512)-887-3519 with the case number 22-00086.

The McGregor City Police Department can additionally be reached at (254)-840-2855.

Last edited by a moderator:
ES went missing at the same time as AC. I started a thread for AC a couple of days ago.

Found Safe - TX - AC, 14, McGregor, 29 June 2022

The following article is an interview with ES's stepmother.

Amber Alert issued for missing McGregor girls

MCGREGOR, Texas (KWTX) - McGregor authorities are searching for ES,14, and AC, 14, who have been missing since Tuesday

McGregor police, family, friends and community volunteers are searching for two McGregor girls who have been missing since Wednesday.

McGregor police Lt. Ron McCurry said the disappearances of ES and AC, both 14, don’t meet Department of Public Safety criteria for Amber alerts, but added the situation is troubling because most young people in these situations are returned home safely within eight to 12 hours.

“We are following all leads and doing everything we can to find these young girls,” McCurry said Saturday.

Volunteers and friends of the girls were searching parks in McGregor and other locations Saturday in an effort to find the teens.

SD, ES's stepmother, said the girls became best friends “instantly” after getting together shortly before school ended for the summer. ES spent Wednesday night at AC’s house and called to ask if she could stay longer. Later, she called to say an uncle was picking her up, but that did not occur, Dunn said.

In the days following, SD and AC’s mother, SV, have done everything they can think of to find the girls. However, their efforts also included trying to correct misinformation put out on social media and other outlets, SD said.

McCurry and the parents want the girls to know they are not in trouble with the law or at home.

“I want her to know that everything is OK,” SD said. “It doesn’t matter what she has done. I want to tell her to just come home. We love you no matter what. Our door is open. Come home.”

SD said her daughter was dropped off at Bewley Park in McGregor about midnight Thursday and possibly was picked up by someone. She said at this point, they don’t know if the girls are still together.

AC is described as being 5′2″ tall and weighing 105 pounds. She has brown hair and brown eyes. ES is 5′2″, 175 pounds and also has brown hair and brown eyes.

McGregor police asks anyone with information about these girls to call 254-840-2855.
It is disturbing to read that ES was "dropped off at Bewley Park in McGregor about midnight Thursday..." I wonder how they know this, and also wonder who dropped her off. If this quote is accurate it says that she was dropped off, but doesn't say that both girls were dropped off. Is it possible that someone picked up both girls, dropped ES at the park and drove away with AC? I hope that more details will come out.

Police searching for 14-year-old girls abducted in Central Texas
Girls are believed to be in grave or immediate danger

An AMBER Alert was issued Monday for ES and AC, both 14 years old.

Authorities said they were last seen at 3 p.m. Wednesday in the 1400 block of West 7th Street and in the 900 block of West 10th Street in McGregor. McGregor is located about 20 miles southwest of Waco.

I might be wrong, but it didn't seem to me that the local LE was searching very aggressively in the early days. I hope that the FBI and Marshals will be involved now. I wonder if LE found something on the girls' computers that prompted them to issue an Amber Alert.

There should be more media coverage with the Amber Alert, so hopefully we will see more information about ES being dropped off at a park at midnight.

I hate news like this. I’m located nearby at the military base. I don’t think people realize how big sex trafficking is around military bases or how many people are constantly coming in and out of this area. There’s so much movement around here and it’s so easy for people to not question things that are out of the ordinary.

Some additional info. from the above link:

SH said her daughter and ES are friends from school. After a sleepover Wednesday night, SH said ES went missing.

AC left her mother a note later that night which said she would find ES and "make this right."

SH said ES had initially gotten into a red car with a boy from McGregor and was taken back to his house. However, SH said the boy's parents made him take ES back to her neighborhood along with a chaperon.

SH told 6 News the boy is helping police but some angry community members are still threatening him. She said that needs to stop.

ES reportedly did not want to be dropped off at SH's house, and asked the boy and chaperon to drop her off several blocks away.

SH said ES, who had already destroyed her phone, then asked to use a phone to make a call, and disappeared. Neither teen has been seen since.

I might be wrong, but it didn't seem to me that the local LE was searching very aggressively in the early days. I hope that the FBI and Marshals will be involved now. I wonder if LE found something on the girls' computers that prompted them to issue an Amber Alert.

There should be more media coverage with the Amber Alert, so hopefully we will see more information about ES being dropped off at a park at midnight.
It just hit my Google feed (or however one refers to their mobile home page . I am in south Georgia. I hadn't heard a word about this story until the last 30 minutes or so- Makes me think the Amber alert is really kicked it into high gear.
It does not sound good. Really hope these girls just decided to take a breather- that would be best case scenario - sounds like parents having appropriate response IMO
Do we know the times each girl was last seen? It sounds like they left at different times?

Hmm something off about the chaperone story TO ME. MOO JMO. And "ES already destroyed her phone"? Did that happen before she went missing? Otherwise, who told Mom that - the drop off and chaperone?

Anyone else think there is more than one suspect involved? The fact that both girls went missing at the same time is weird and can't be coincidental. I agree with the above that the drop off story etc doesn't seem legit.

AC & ES were both just reported as being found SAFE!!!! A man is in custody for harboring them! I was just reading up on the case and found the amazing news!!!

<modsnip - media confirming this was removed as it contained photos of the minors>

GREAT NEWS!! Both girls have been found!

WACO, Texas (KWTX) - Three deputies with the McLennan County Sheriff’s Office found two missing McGregor teenagers in Georgetown and arrested James Robert Vanhouten, 30, the man allegedly harboring them, Sheriff Parnell McNamara confirmed to KWTX.

ES, 14, and AC, 14, had been missing since June 28 and police initially said they did not meet Texas Department of Public Safety criteria for Amber Alerts.

On Monday, July 4, however, an Amber Alert was issued for the girls after police were sent a screenshot - allegedly from AC's Snapchat story - with the message “help.”

Vanhouten will be charged with harboring a minor. More arrests are very likely, the sheriff said.

“The (deputies) did an unbelievable amount of work on it. That’s really good work on their part,” McNamara said.

The sheriff said deputies pursued leads that led them to Temple and back to Bellmead and Moody in McLennan County. The information eventually led them to Vanhouten in Georgetown.

ES and AC were reportedly staying with different people before they met Vanhouten, McNamara said.

The girls were being reunited with family members early Tuesday morning.

1657004324067.png

GREAT NEWS!! Both girls have been found!

WACO, Texas (KWTX) - Three deputies with the McLennan County Sheriff’s Office found two missing McGregor teenagers in Georgetown and arrested James Robert Vanhouten, 30, the man allegedly harboring them, Sheriff Parnell McNamara confirmed to KWTX.

ES, 14, and AC, 14, had been missing since June 28 and police initially said they did not meet Texas Department of Public Safety criteria for Amber Alerts.

On Monday, July 4, however, an Amber Alert was issued for the girls after police were sent a screenshot - allegedly from AC’s Snapchat story - with the message “help.”

Vanhouten will be charged with harboring a minor. More arrests are very likely, the sheriff said.

“The (deputies) did an unbelievable amount of work on it. That’s really good work on their part,” McNamara said.

The sheriff said deputies pursued leads that led them to Temple and back to Bellmead and Moody in McLennan County. The information eventually led them to Vanhouten in Georgetown.

ES and AC were reportedly staying with different people before they met Vanhouten, McNamara said.

The girls were being reunited with family members early Tuesday morning.

View attachment 352753
Sounds like a possible trafficking situation… Soooooo very relieved that they were BOTH found!!! ♥♥

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member