IL - July 4 Parade, Highland Park, at least 6 fatally shot, 4 July 2022 *son charged, dad guilty*

CNN has PR on now from the hospitals - North Shore HIghland (?)

Age range of people brought to them was age 8 to 85
All the hospitals in the area had trained for this before - Code yellow
Went into lockdown at the hospitals
All 19 patients brought to them have been treated and released

I really can't imagine this is going to go on for much longer. He left a rifle that will likely allow for it to be traced, so I'd be surprised if they didn't already have a name.

He has to have been caught on camera as well.
Tracing a firearm isn‘t as easy as looking up who owns a vehicle. It starts by asking the manufacturer for the licensed dealer where the gun was first shipped. Then a BATF agent must visit the dealer and search paper records to find the gun owner. if that person sold the gun the trail must be followed. Gun traces often go cold because in most states private sellers are not required to keep records of the sale.

I wonder if the weapon that was abandoned is a set up to distract LE if the type of gun does not match the frequency of gun shots?

Hope someone dobs in the killer very soon.
They'd have a good idea right away. The weapon was described as a rifle, and it was clearly semiautomatic (based on the videos). He had to leave it if he wanted to escape undetected in the chaos.

The fear is obviously that he has more weapons at his disposal.

*This is what I want to do. Hide my face in my hands and wish this away. Unfortunately, we can’t. All we can do is watch in horror…
View attachment 352677

A Lake County police officer walks down Central Avenue in Highland Park on July 4, 2022.

At least 16 people had been shot, officials confirmed. However, an area hospital said it was treating at least 26 people for injuries suffered during the attack; it did not directly say all 26 had suffered gunshot wounds.

Police said the gunman “began randomly shooting parade spectators from a rooftop while the parade was in progress.”
I feel the same way @imstilla.grandma
It feels like it will never end. Maybe it won't but I hope and pray everyday something will be done by those who have the power to change things.

Robert Crimo age 22, 2010 Honda "fit"? Illinois plates - Person of Interest

Not sure if he's local. Police says he's from that area. Confusing.

There are photos of a guy with this name on the internet. Says he's a rapper.

Just search his name. Things will show up.

ETA: Info from CNN News, watching on my tv

Last edited:
Robert Crimo age 22, 2010 Honda "fit"? Illinois plates

I looked up the name and he is from the area. This is going to be his Facebook. Log into Facebook

ETA: the page was quickly taken down, but it was obviously his.

Last edited:
Robert Crimo age 22, 2010 Honda "fit"? Illinois plates

Just search his name. Things will show up.
Here is what a Fit looks like

Attachments

• E39A9744-36A8-433A-9C4B-FA5E7A68ECB5.jpeg
    E39A9744-36A8-433A-9C4B-FA5E7A68ECB5.jpeg
    310 KB · Views: 3
His profile photo is certainly one giant red flag. I wonder if he was wearing the helmet and camera combo today.
Yup, I imagine he'd been fantasizing about this for a long time. We'd know if he was broadcasting this, but that certainly doesn't mean he didn't record it for himself.

Active Shooter Incident in Highland Park, IL
Law enforcement agencies responding to active shooter in downtown Highland Park; all advised to shelter in place

July 4, 2022 – Highland Park Police are responding to an active shooter incident that occurred in downtown Highland Park during the 4th of July parade. This is an active incident. All individuals are advised to shelter in place. Law enforcement agencies are searching for the suspect; evidence of a firearm has been recovered. Numerous law enforcement officers are responding and have secured a perimeter around downtown Highland Park. 16 people have been transferred to the hospital; 5 individuals are confirmed deceased.

The City mourns the tragic loss and injury of those who came to celebrate with us today. We share in the grief of all mourning the loss of a loved one, and our hearts go out to everyone impacted by today's events.

"All indications is he was discreet, and he was very difficult to see," Covelli said.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back