TX - Moriah Wilson, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whether he put her stuff in storage or not there can be legal requirements that have to be followed even if someone isn't on the title or on a lease, which the impression I get - seeing how he's talked to the tabloids - is that he hasn't hired a lawyer or doesn't have a good one. As general principle this is what you're supposed to do, especially if someone receives their mail at the residence even if there's no formal lease:

This is site specific to Texas, which CS himself recently announced to the tabloids he was with KA for financial reasons, which what he told the media would bolster her right to stay in that home that KA has an implied lease to that home:
If you have exchanged money or services in any way, or you have split bills for the property, this could be evidence that you are a tenant with an implied lease. Such tenancies are usually month-to-month. In a month-to-month tenancy, either party can give notice that they will be breaking the tenancy by giving 30-day notice to the other party.

Given the likely 30 day notice requirement to bar KA from staying there, the fastest way to prevent KA from returning if she is granted bail would be to try for a restraining order...if there's no restraining order, things could get very interesting.

What would be the grounds for CS to ask for a restraining order? Just curious as to what they would be.

What would be the grounds for CS to ask for a restraining order? Just curious as to what they would be.
If she’s threatened him before maybe and he has texts? I was thinking the same thing though. I’m not sure she ever threatened or hurt him physically, but if she did - I hope he has evidence because I don’t know how he’ll obtain a restraining order.

Well no fear, she will have to surrender her passport. :rolleyes: Do they take into account at all that surrendering her passport means nothing since she had no qualms about using someone else's passport to flee the country?? It could be 2-3 years before her case goes to trial in Travis County. With no immediate consequences in sight. What, she has to go to sleep early? Like a lot of yoga teachers and fitness professionals already do if they teach early class times. Two-three years is a whole lot of time to start feeling comfortable, removed from the legal system and any consequences, and start planning her next move.

I mean at this point, what does she have to lose? (From her perspective.) She may very well be facing life in prison. Maybe she'll take her chances and run again. What are they going to do then, death sentence? That may not even scare her, a young and pretty woman who once had her whole life ahead of her, considering that the alternative may be the rest of her life in a prison. She's not some hardened criminal who has been in and out of the prison system. The prospect of life in prison and losing the last of her youth has to feel like a nightmare. Enough that it made her take on a new identity and run once. And was either calculated and ruthless or desperate and scared enough to get facial surgery, as well as persist her way into a job that had no openings and get herself on the schedule. I would consider her a serious flight risk if she gets bail.
She could be a serious flight risk even if she doesn't get bail! Escapes happen in jails & prisons. That recent one in Alabama was an inside job!

If she’s threatened him before maybe and he has texts? I was thinking the same thing though. I’m not sure she ever threatened or hurt him physically, but if she did - I hope he has evidence because I don’t know how he’ll obtain a restraining order.
CS has already made a statement to the media that he never experienced KA as a violent person. He said something to the effect that she was the least likely person he has ever known to be violent and fly into a rage. IIRC.

Yes, it could still be on the table. (From what I know)
Are you saying extradition could be on the table? Extradition is moot. CR deported her, as in "we don't want you in our country, bye!" All under their own laws. Then CR authorities made sure she actually exited the country, hehe, right into US authority (i.e. marshals; the handoff might literally have been at a CR border, e.g. port of entry/immigration point/airport) .

Love me some CSN!

I hope he requests a restraining order and runs as far away from her as he can. Never speak to her again. Not a word.
She's blown his life up in a lot of ways (with his help, of course). She may need the restraining order! It appears they spent a couple of days together after the murder. I'm curious about what transpired. Did he know about her plan to flee? And if so, when did he know it?
MOO

His grounds for a restraining order? "She is free now and thinks I ruined her life. She thinks I was sleeping with the girl she killed because she thought I was sleeping with". I would be asking for one too. JMO

Last edited:
CS has already made a statement to the media that he never experienced KA as a violent person. He said something to the effect that she was the least likely person he has ever known to be violent and fly into a rage. IIRC.
Personally, I don't find him credible AT ALL. When he talks to the media, you have to ask, "What's In it for him?" because that's how he views the world, IMO. Mr. Innocent Bystander.

I feel guilty because I’m so fascinated by this murderer! I can’t wait for the trial! Then I go back to Moriah’s pictures and imagine if I was her mother. Heartbreaking. She deserves justice. KA took her life, I do not care how CS manipulated her. Murder is murder. Let her teach yoga in prison for the rest of her life.

I know I've done nothing for 30 pages besides talk about this woman's appearance, and I promise I'm going to make myself stop after this. BUTTTT the new mugshot makes me think of the attached photo. At first glance she looks old and haggard, at second, young and beautiful. It's so weird!
Yes. I got the same impression.

And I kinda tend to buy that because why on Earth would he buy her a gun if he thought she was violent?

Well no fear, she will have to surrender her passport. :rolleyes: Do they take into account at all that surrendering HER passport means nothing since she had no qualms about using someone else's passport to flee the country?? It could be 2-3 years before her case goes to trial in Travis County. With no immediate consequences in sight. What, she has to go to sleep early? Like a lot of yoga teachers and fitness professionals already do if they teach early class times. Two-three years is a whole lot of time to start feeling comfortable, removed from the legal system and any consequences, and start planning her next move.

I mean at this point, what does she have to lose? (From her perspective.) She may very well be facing life in prison. Maybe she'll take her chances and run again. What are they going to do then, death sentence? That may not even scare her, a young and pretty woman who once had her whole life ahead of her, considering that the alternative may be the rest of her life in a prison. She's not some hardened criminal who has been in and out of the prison system. The prospect of life in prison and losing the last of her youth has to feel like a nightmare. Enough that it made her take on a new identity and run once. And was either calculated and ruthless or desperate and scared enough to get facial surgery, as well as persist her way into a job that had no openings and get herself on the schedule. I would consider her a serious flight risk if she gets bail.
I definitely think if she’s bailed out and hangs around she will flee at some point. Many criminals have disabled their GPS trackers.

She’s got nothing to lose, and she’s learned a few things. As you say, facing decades in prison is not something she, or any of us, could tolerate.

She was designated an “armed and dangerous” fugitive, and she’s a MASSIVE flight risk. There will be no excuse for authorities to be shocked if she flees again.

Are you saying extradition could be on the table? Extradition is moot. CR deported her, as in "we don't want you in our country, bye!" All under their own laws. Then CR authorities made sure she actually exited the country, hehe, right into US authority (i.e. marshals; the handoff might literally have been at a CR border, e.g. port of entry/immigration point/airport) .
No, the death penalty is still on the table because it’s Texas and she’s charged with first-degree murder.

Personally, I don't find him credible AT ALL. When he talks to the media, you have to ask, "What's In it for him?" because that's how he views the world, IMO. Mr. Innocent Bystander.
True, but if he knew she was prone to violence or craziness, what was in it for him to but her a firearm? She might have turned it on him.

She's blown his life up in a lot of ways (with his help, of course). She may need the restraining order! It appears they spent a couple of days together after the murder. I'm curious about what transpired. Did he know about her plan to flee? And if so, when did he know it?
MOO
Can’t imagine what the evening was like when KA came home that night! Did she call him out for his lies or did she stay silent and act like everything was normal. Did she just snuggle in bed with him and go to sleep? Did she get sick and vomit? Did she have blood spatter on her clothes? I just can’t even put myself in that situation - coming home after shooting someone multiple times and getting on with my evening. And then everything else she did following! Mind boggling.

True, but if he knew she was prone to violence or craziness, what was in it for him to but her a firearm? She might have turned it on him.
I wonder if Austin crime in general (or a specific incident) prompted the purchase of the guns & whether they ever went to a shooting range.

We need to know more. Especially about the timing of the purchases.

I wonder if Austin crime in general (or a specific incident) prompted the purchase of the guns & whether they ever went to a shooting range.

We need to know more. Especially the timing of the purchases.
I have a hunch she went to a shooting range.

Edit. I deleted part of my post because I can’t find the photo I was looking for to back up my hunch.

Last edited:
What the original poster was asking was if the death penalty may still be an option because the suspect was deported, as opposed to being extradited, in which case, the death penalty would have to be taken off the table before Costa Rican authorities would agree to the extradition, per agreement between the USA and Costa Rica, which has no death penalty.

ARTICLE 5 Capital Punishment. When the offense for which extradition is requested is punishable by death under the laws of the Requesting State and the laws of the Requested State do not permit such punishment for that offense, extradition may be refused, unless, before extradition is granted, the Requesting State furnishes such assurances as the Requested State considers sufficient, that the death penalty shall not be imposed, or, if imposed, shall not be executed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charharr