GA - Katherine Janness, 40, fatally stabbed and dog killed, Piedmont Park, Atlanta, 28 Jul 2021 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bowie's throat was not slit. I personally read a tweet, earlier today, from JC (KJ father in law), on his actual account. He said, "Bowie's throat was not slit". I believe him because EC said she picked him up in an interview, and JC said also on Twitter that she had zero blood on her. If he were cut, it would be 99.9% impossible not to have a little blood on her shirt. So, I'm betting he was strangled with his leash. Just stating my opinion.

Im also giving my opinion that this could open up a good possibility that there were multiple attackers. One attacked Bowie, while the other attacked KJ. There no way on earth 1 person could render both of them helpless...alone...while a dog is very likely biting...KJ might have helped but would have likely screamed her head off while someone was attacking her dog. If he attacked KJ first, the dog would be barking....possibly biting....and it just doesnt seem plausible that this was done by one individual.
We just don't know anything about Bowie's death or condition. JC has made statements that have not been accurate. I don't think he is lying, but his information is not first hand and I think he is commenting about things he has heard. I neither believe nor disbelieve his comments but just consider them in the context of everything else.

I think we have all considered more than one attacker. It would explain a lot of things. But it would also complicate things too. I certainly think it is possible. But we just have so few facts to go on that it is hard to do more than just speculate.

We just don't know anything about Bowie's death or condition. JC has made statements that have not been accurate. I don't think he is lying, but his information is not first hand and I think he is commenting about things he has heard. I neither believe nor disbelieve his comments but just consider them in the context of everything else.

I think we have all considered more than one attacker. It would explain a lot of things. But it would also complicate things too. I certainly think it is possible. But we just have so few facts to go on that it is hard to do more than just speculate.
I do agree.

IMO, it seems two people involved may prove a tiny bit easier to find since two individuals have the chance of leaving more clues or DNA than one being super careful on his/her own and running the show. So that could be a plus for LE.
It is perplexing. If it is a stranger/random attack, it is statistically odd for there to be more than one involved. There are exceptions of course, but on average it is overwhelmingly one person. If it is a targeted killing, those are usually easier to solve because LE tracks down those people. If there are two, that is twice the opportunity to find one. And people are terrible at keeping secrets. So, I lean towards this being one killer but I keep my mind open. But if one killer, how did that person pull this off?

It is perplexing. If it is a stranger/random attack, it is statistically odd for there to be more than one involved. There are exceptions of course, but on average it is overwhelmingly one person. If it is a targeted killing, those are usually easier to solve because LE tracks down those people. If there are two, that is twice the opportunity to find one. And people are terrible at keeping secrets. So, I lean towards this being one killer but I keep my mind open. But if one killer, how did that person pull this off?
I agree. The people on Websleuths have advanced many plausible theories and unique ideas about how this double murder took place, yet it is still unsolved and we are all waiting for the day when it is solved and put to rest. There are so many variables and we have so little information. It seems that Katie took her walks somewhere around the same time on nights she did walk Bowie, but IMO I don’t think she took the same route each time. I feel it was planned, yet how could the killer plan this crime when her route wasn’t consistent? I also feel that as previous members have suggested, she was wearing only one earbud in order to be able to listen to her environment as well as music or a podcast, secondly. So an attack on both her and Bowie is hard to imagine going smoothly and without some areas of uncertainty for the murderer. So many cleverly thought-out theories have been put forward and so little information has been given to the public. It Has to mean that the APD and the FBI are pulling together an iron-clad case that cannot be torn apart. Atlanta, Katie’s friends and her family could not bear the killer/s being let go due to a missed step or an error on some level within the department or the FBI. IMO, in almost eleven months, they Must have learned Something by now.

IMO there are all kinds of theories & scenarios flying around now.
Fact is, we know nothing concrete except that in less than 3 hours it will be 1 year since KJ & B were brutally and senselessly murdered.
We know from the autopsy released by the Fulton County ME how horrifically she died, that EC found them less than an hour after they were captured on security camera at 10th & Piedmont Streets walking across the rainbow crosswalk.
The rest is just he said, she said, IMO, and what the he's & the she's have said, if you really think about each individual comment in MSM, other social media platforms, none if it makes any logical sense.
I pray LE finds the killer(s) very, very soon, that those that KNOW come forward now, so KJ & B may rest in peace.
JMOHH

Last edited:
If your deduction’s correct and APD has no DNA they can link to a known source, then one of two scenarios seem possible. One is that these murders were part of a gang or cult initiation, where some young, emotionally stunted killer(s), unknown to LE, had to prove their willingness to do anything to join. The other is that someone familiar with KJ but forensically unknown to LE, perhaps a stalker of her or EC, bided their time to catch her and B at night when she was alone and thus more vulnerable.

To me, if LE has neither matching DNA nor fingerprint records, it suggests at least one young killer or someone with a limited job history. For that matter, someone who had never been through the criminal system before.

I really hope APD has a strategy here. The fact that, almost a year in, no one has claimed the reward must be significant. I don’t see how such a deeply disturbed person could resist bragging about getting away with such a heinous crime.

I'm thinking of Katie and Bowie today.
I know the end (28?) of the month will be a year.
I am still incredulous that this case hasn't been solved. How could the killer still be free... it's just so brazen? In such a prominent place, in such a prominent park? People were out and about still. It's such a heavily populated area.
It absolutely boggles the mind.

I'm thinking of Katie and Bowie today.
I know the end (28?) of the month will be a year.
I am still incredulous that this case hasn't been solved. How could the killer still be free... it's just so brazen? In such a prominent place, in such a prominent park? People were out and about still. It's such a heavily populated area.
It absolutely boggles the mind.
It hurts my heart and as the date approaches, I believe that Katie’s close friends and relatives, and her mother and sister, are especially hit with the loss of this unique, intelligent, loving young woman who paved her own path with strength and kindness. She suffered the losses of many family members, hardships as we all go through, and yet was extremely clear on her ‘mission’ in life; she did not give in, nor give up. IMO.

People who are familiar with the park - is there any chance that she could have been letting Bowie run off leash? That's the only way it seems plausible that there was just one attacker - the dog is running ahead, and the guy lures the dog into the shadows with a treat. Strangulation is too slow - maybe a knife blade to the heart/sternum. Then he can attack Katie. If she had been screaming, people would have heard, right? It sounds like this park is very near populated areas, even at that time of night? It's definitely easier to see how it could have gone down if there were two attackers. But that would also be much easier to solve - the more perps, the more likely someone will spill the beans.

People who are familiar with the park - is there any chance that she could have been letting Bowie run off leash? That's the only way it seems plausible that there was just one attacker - the dog is running ahead, and the guy lures the dog into the shadows with a treat. Strangulation is too slow - maybe a knife blade to the heart/sternum. Then he can attack Katie. If she had been screaming, people would have heard, right? It sounds like this park is very near populated areas, even at that time of night? It's definitely easier to see how it could have gone down if there were two attackers. But that would also be much easier to solve - the more perps, the more likely someone will spill the beans.
It's possible that she had Bowie off lead.
When you're facing the park at Charles Allen St. where they were found, to the left is a hilly open space, and to the right and down a ways, there is a very large grassy area. Abutting both those areas is the often busy 10th Street, a main east-west thoroughfare.

I imagine there are dog owners who let their dogs free-run in that area but I personally wouldn't. To me, I'd be concerned that my dog might get too close and wind up on 10th St.and be at risk for being struck by a car.

Checking in….I still check the Atlanta news daily for any word of an arrest, or new information. Nothing. Which is what LE may have. As time goes on with no similar murders (except 3 stabbings in Fl, suspects arrested), I am leaning back towards this being a targeted attack by an assailant known to Katie and Bowie. I really hope LE has a strong suspect and is building their case. But frankly the pessimist in me believes they aren’t any closer to solving this crime as they were on day one.

July 6, 2022

''A proposal presented at Monday’s Atlanta City Council meeting could have a major effect on parks across the city.
Atlanta city leaders say they want to take steps to add rangers to city parks.
One of the organizers said with a shortage of police officers, this could help keep people safe while they visit places like Westside Park and Piedmont Park.''

After all this time, I now ponder the reasoning behind APD not releasing any info re. KJ & B's walk route before 12:09am. Surely they have been able to determine the timeline & route using other cams in the area or possibly phone pings. Why did they only seem interested in talking to people who were in PP around the time of the murders? Why would they not ask the public for more potential witnesses who may have seen or even talked to KJ before she arrived to 10th & Piedmont/rainbow crosswalk? I can only come to the conclusion that APD knows who committed these heinous murders but for some reason cannot make an arrest.
This is only my opinion & I welcome other opinions.

Noting this 1969 cold case in case anything can be gleaned wrt a killer leaving a message on the female victim's stomach.
As with Katie, there was no sexual assault and she was left in a place where people are bound to see and be horrified by the 'display', imo, speculation, fwiw.

F.L. FRENCHY I LOVE YOU - Teresa Martin #2 / WKT5

''Teresa Martin was meant to be found like that - displayed against the wall of that tavern on a Saturday morning, for families to see the ambulance and the squad cars as they drove on their way to hockey practice or garden centres, so it would be the topic of conversation all that weekend, and into Monday morning for the local boys and girls going to school. That's certain.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73