IL - July 4 Parade, Highland Park, at least 6 fatally shot, 4 July 2022 *son charged, dad guilty*

I still want to know where he got money for all this. The guns - mags - ammo, he had a car, "sex doll", cell phone & wifi to post his "music/videos", the materials for building his "tiny" home, paint for his "wall art"

He had to eat (food), gas for the car

Did daddy just pay his way?

We know the guns, mags, & ammo had to have cost at least (close to) $3,000. We know he didn't work (only worked at Panera for a short time).

With the Uvalde shooter - he worked and saved for over a year (close to 2) to get the money. Grandma was letting him live for free but was fighting with him over the cell phone bill.

So how was this leech living day to day? We have heard nothing about this part of his derelict life.

JMHO

That sex doll runs about 2-6k.
Not a cheap gag gift either.

true. But I would NOT want them to obtain an AR-15.
If I was suicidal I would NOT want to own an AR-15 either.
True, and the system has a gap. He didn’t get formally 5150’d when he made his threats, so it’s like he didn’t have anythjng on his record according to the text of the application.
Only a bona fide legal action on the persons record halts the application. In other words, the local entity responsible for permit issuance, SHALL issue in the absence of a legal action.
MOO Kind of means not having police talking people down.
If a person makes homicidal or suicidal threats, it should be an automatic 5150 (involuntary three day psychiatric hold)
No fooling around, society needs these type of threateners to have an appropriate legal action on their record. I am sure once communities see how this works, that the communities can find the money for the psychiatric beds for these threateners.
MOO The days of brushing off dire threats is over. We have a de facto civilian military out there - homicidal threateners need to get the boot off the list of gun owners in good standing.

Last edited:
"Police were also called to his family's home 10 times, to reports of domestic violence. Those incidents included Denise Pesina allegedly attacking her husband with a screwdriver and shoe after he berated her looks.

The report details nine instances cops were called to the Crimo family home in Highwood between 2010 and 2014, often to address physical disputes between the youth's mother and father, Robert Crimo Jr. and Denise Pesina.

During one drunken altercation in August 2010, Crimo Jr. told police responding to a domestic abuse call that Pesina had struck him in the head with her shoe.

Crimo Jr. - who unsuccessfully ran for Mayor in Highland Park in 2019 - reportedly told officers that his relationship with Pesina was 'failing,' and that she was intoxicated.

Pesina, meanwhile, told police that Crimo Jr. had 'disrespected and belittled' her by making disparaging remarks about her appearance. She said those comments spurred her to drink.

In October 2010, police recorded another incident were they were called to the home because of a reported fight between Pesina and Crimo Jr.
The encounter saw Pesina hit Crimo Jr. with a screwdriver, the aspiring statesman told police. He added that his wife had been 'trash talking' him, knocked all his belongings off his dresser, before bludgeoning him with the backside of the tool.

Pesina argued that Crimo Jr. had been 'making mean statements to me like always, calling me names.'

Whoa.

If you have 24 minutes, this podcast episode from the New York Times has an excellent interview with a psychiatrist who describes the limitations of the mental health system in preventing mass shootings. There is also a transcript.

"...we do have medications for things like schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. We don’t have medications for things like resentment, hatred, anger at the world. We can’t fix that so well. So there’s no way to admit somebody like that to a psychiatric hospital, treat them over the course of the two weeks that we might be able to have them, and then completely change the personality that they’ve spent their whole life building up."

Difficult to be certain, but the resident here may be using a trigger lock to secure the door:

1657315711328.png

This style of lock can be used with most firearms. We may have one or two in use, anyone can walk into our Sheriff's Department and ask for one.

1657315914172.png
image from lockdown.com

Most modern arms come with a trigger lock. Most of ours have manufacturer-provided trigger locks, in place, in their locked cabinets. Includes the ArmaLite models.

Exception - under the bed and one in the garage. Biometric safe is a better application there:

1657316102556.png
image from buyasafe.com

If you watched Criminal Minds, you've seen Agent Hotchner open his & take out his sidearm.

So where was Crimo planning to store his firearms, inside this tiny house or in a parent's home?

Ironic that Crimo would use an indicator of responsible ownership but choose the path he did.

jmho ymmv lrr

Gotta wonder how he survived winter in that "tiny house"?
My hunch is he really don't "live there" year round.

The original video was about 20 minutes long, but it has been removed..(darn, I didn't watch it..would have provided more details about the structure)

I also see no plumbing.
If this was no more than a structure, he probably only slept there in warmer weather and stored his stuff there.

If no plumbing...well, we know he had to leave the place...

Last edited:
Gotta wonder how he survived winter in that "tiny house"?
My hunch is he really don't "live there" year round.

The original video was about 20 minutes long, but it has been removed..(darn, I didn't watch it..would have provided more details about the structure)

I also see no plumbing.
If this was no more than a structure, he probably only slept there in warmer weather and stored his stuff there.

If no plumbing...well, we know he had to leave the place...
I think he used it as his "den".
Just for a few hours a day, when he wanted to be left alone.

I think he used it as his "den".
Just for a few hours a day, when he wanted to be left alone.
Yeah, I live in Texas now.

But used to live up north...
If my memory serves me correctly, he would have needed major work to get running water in that place. In Texas, you could probably tap a line, but up there, the pipes would freeze.

Yeah, I live in Texas now.

But used to live up north...
If my memory serves me correctly, he would have needed major work to get running water in that place. In Texas, you could probably tap a line, but up there, the pipes would freeze.
****I say this with tongue in cheek*****

He could have just used bottled water and a bucket! - just sayin'...............:p

I wonder of Robert Crimo could of been abused. His parents were clearly troubled themselves, especially the mother. I consider Robert Crimo an injustice collector.

Last edited:
Of course those children were abused - emotionally and neglected. From these articles today, one can easily see these parents were alcoholics (FUNCTIONING ALCOHOLICS). We have all known one at one time or another - they are the worse to detect because they "function" in life and in society. They go to work, take care of things (mostly), and get by day-to-day. However, when having conversations with them is where you can see how "off" their thinking is. They will talk about how the electric bill is so high and how they got a final notice date and at the same time have the cash to go buy that case of beer or bottle of vodka every two or three days. But, bring that up to them and they don't make the connection or just "poo-poo" it away. And the kids? What kids? Those children are usually left to fend for themselves. I've seen functioning alcoholics use their children as "bar backs" running to and from their house to "get me another beer" while they sit around and laugh and joke and chat with neighbors. They goad these kids into learning to cook - which is great for them - one less thing and now they get to eat too. All the while bragging to those neighbors about how lil Susie is learning to cook dinner! Isn't that great?

Its obvious that this shooter got lost. He's been on his own since a very early age. (Remember he was left in a car when he was only 2 - & at a Toys R Us FGS - she couldn't be bothered to take him in with her? In a TOY STORE? - c'mon). This kid was never taught right from wrong, how to live, have any type of compassion or feelings at all (well except for anger - hearing mom & dad scream and yell terrible things at each other on a daily basis). All he ever learned was hate - anger - aggression.

Its a shame that no where along the line did he cross paths with a "decent" person who could have taken the time, bonded with him, given him any type of proper direction that kids so badly need. A coach, a neighbor, a teacher, maybe even one of the police officers, someone who could see through the "cloud".

And look where it got him - look where it got us. There are thousands of kids out there, just like this - going through this right now and that is what is so scary.

JMHO

Last edited:
"Eric Rinehart told CNN's Wolf Blitzer on Friday night that Bob Crimo's filing of the application itself would not necessarily result in criminal charges, but they were 'exploring' other potential charges related to 'responsibility to the community'.

Stephen Blandin, an attorney who has represented many victims' families, said there was a case to be made against Bob Crimo.

'If the state doesn't press charges, then they're admitting that whole statute is a sham,' he said."

"Parade Shooting Suspect Bobby Crimo Attempted Suicide Multiple Times, Family Friend Reveals.

According to the mom, Crimo threatened to kill himself and attempted suicide a few times when he spent time with her children. That Crimo struggled with suicidal thoughts and self-harm as early as 2016 hasn’t previously been reported.

'I thought it was a joke when his uncle came out and said ‘There were no signs of this. He was always this quiet kid, working in his apartment and behind the house.’ When it was like he had tried killing himself twice when he was hanging out with my [children], so how could you say there was no signs of this?'

Meanwhile, one friend of Crimo told The Daily Beast that she reached out to Crimo’s dad on Facebook around 2015 after he “said some concerning things about wanting to overdose.” The pal claims that instead of responding to her message, his father blocked her. Weeks later, she claims, a mutual friend visited Crimo’s home and again voiced concerns."

Last edited:
He didn’t see a lot of it?

The deli (Bob’s Pantry and Deli is on FB) closed around 4 years ago. So he should have had plenty of time to observe the shed, the multiple large disturbing paintings on the side of the house, check out your unemployed son’s social media page, etc.
JMO

He didn’t ‘see it’ because he was in denial or he is lying-he saw it and didn’t care. Probably both.

How can an engaged parent miss the warning signs after just the 2 recent incidents alone?? There is no good reason for ignoring that, it’s negligence. His parents were so wrapped up in their own drama, RC was an afterthought.

What has he been doing since the deli closed?

True, and the system has a gap. He didn’t get formally 5150’d when he made his threats, so it’s like he didn’t have anythjng on his record according to the text of the application.
Only a bona fide legal action on the persons record halts the application. In other words, the local entity responsible for permit issuance, SHALL issue in the absence of a legal action.
MOO Kind of means not having police talking people down.
If a person makes homicidal or suicidal threats, it should be an automatic 5150 (involuntary three day psychiatric hold)
No fooling around, society needs these type of threateners to have an appropriate legal action on their record. I am sure once communities see how this works, that the communities can find the money for the psychiatric beds for these threateners.
MOO The days of brushing off dire threats is over. We have a de facto civilian military out there - homicidal threateners need to get the boot off the list of gun owners in good standing.

yep quite the loophole, and it could have prevented a mass shooting.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back