TX TX - Alan White, 55, seen leaving LA Fitness, found deceased, Dallas, 22 Oct 2020 #4

Alan's brother Tim is obviously a case insider, and he thinks that someone killed Alan, that Alan was murdered. Now, Alan had been lingering a bit at and near the gas station. I think that was likely related to something that he was communicating about, either by cell call or texting. I think that something was going on, something was being arranged, something was 'up'. If he was in fact communicating with someone,
a) was that person someone Alan knew?
b) was that person his killer?
c) was that person setting him up to be killed by someone else - in other words, a 'hit'?
It would seem likely that investigators would by now know with whom Alan may have been communicating at that point.
Have investigators in the past year put out a plea for any info the public may have about what may have lead to Mr. White's demise? If not, would that suggest they may feel that they 'have their man'?
Would be curious to know if anyone at any point has 'lawyered up' in this case...
If Alan was murdered, what might have been the motive? Love triangle? Money/greed? Other?
Hate crime; someone from the gym.
Complete amateur speculation and opinion only.

Hate crime; someone from the gym.
Complete amateur speculation and opinion only.
I can’t remember ever being privy to this info; How long had Allan been going to this particular gym? And was his visit the day he went missing the first in many months [due to Covid] or had the gym opened long before October? A Monday morning too... I cannot pick a theory and stick to it with this one. I so hope Allan’s family and friends get some answers soon.

I can’t remember ever being privy to this info; How long had Allan been going to this particular gym? And was his visit the day he went missing the first in many months [due to Covid] or had the gym opened long before October? A Monday morning too... I cannot pick a theory and stick to it with this one. I so hope Allan’s family and friends get some answers soon.

Not directly, but based on the fact that there was a much closer LA Fitness to his home (the one on Mockingbird Ln is only about a mile), I think it's a pretty reasonable speculation that he had been going to the CityPlace LA Fitness for a while, maybe out of habit, a preference for the atmosphere or classes, or some other intangible.

Not directly, but based on the fact that there was a much closer LA Fitness to his home (the one on Mockingbird Ln is only about a mile), I think it's a pretty reasonable speculation that he had been going to the CityPlace LA Fitness for a while, maybe out of habit, a preference for the atmosphere or classes, or some other intangible.
I believe this was addressed earlier in the case, but unsure of source- Alan and Rusty both had gym memberships but not at the same place, as they’d been with their own individual “gym communities” for some time. Somewhat along the lines of what you said- done out of habit/comfort and knowing friends or acquaintances as a type of community at that particular gym, even though it may not have been the closest or most convenient location for Alan.

Reply from Megan Thomas (Dallas PD officer and correspondent):
"Thank you for your interest in this case and remaining well informed about our community. I am looking into this case. Government inquiries take some time if you want accurate information . David (Dallas Voice) asked to get an update on the case as well. I'll get back to you as soon as I have some answers. "
You're my fav Websleuther!! Thank you for being our point-person on all these inquiries!!

Alan's brother Tim is obviously a case insider, and he thinks that someone killed Alan, that Alan was murdered. Now, Alan had been lingering a bit at and near the gas station. I think that was likely related to something that he was communicating about, either by cell call or texting. I think that something was going on, something was being arranged, something was 'up'. If he was in fact communicating with someone,
a) was that person someone Alan knew?
b) was that person his killer?
c) was that person setting him up to be killed by someone else - in other words, a 'hit'?
It would seem likely that investigators would by now know with whom Alan may have been communicating at that point.
Have investigators in the past year put out a plea for any info the public may have about what may have lead to Mr. White's demise? If not, would that suggest they may feel that they 'have their man'?
Would be curious to know if anyone at any point has 'lawyered up' in this case...
If Alan was murdered, what might have been the motive? Love triangle? Money/greed? Other?
It seems probable to me that Alan was killed. That he knew whomever was responsible for his death. I kinda think they 'have their man' (thus the silence on this case), but that he lawyered up and it is thus taking time - behind the scenes - to solidify the case and get to an arrest. But who knows.

Reply from Megan Thomas (Dallas PD officer and correspondent):
"Thank you for your interest in this case and remaining well informed about our community. I am looking into this case. Government inquiries take some time if you want accurate information . David (Dallas Voice) asked to get an update on the case as well. I'll get back to you as soon as I have some answers. "
Just wondering if you ever heard anything back from either David Taffett or Megan Thomas? Things have been awfully quiet again!

Is it the case that Mr. White's husband was out of the house and in his vehicle at around the time, or soon after, Mr. White went missing? I wonder if he's been cleared in the case.
Alan and his husband both went to their respective gym's early that morning. His husband returned home but there was no sign of Alan, who of course was caught on camera at the gas station around 6am.

Alan's niece was staying at his home so she could confirm that hubby did return while also confirming Alan did not. Very early on in Thread #1 she actually posted about Alan's disappearance, but couldn't say much because the police asked her not to. I don't believe that she has posted since.

Alan and his husband both went to their respective gym's early that morning. His husband returned home but there was no sign of Alan, who of course was caught on camera at the gas station around 6am.

Alan's niece was staying at his home so she could confirm that hubby did return while also confirming Alan did not. Very early on in Thread #1 she actually posted about Alan's disappearance, but couldn't say much because the police asked her not to. I don't believe that she has posted since.
I believe Mr. White's husband departed the home not long after the appointed time of the supposed scheduled conference call, right? For around a few hours or so. Does that sound right? Did the 2 house guests - the niece and her fiancee, remain behind at the home while Mr. White's husband was out in his car?

Last edited:
I believe Mr. White's husband departed the home not long after the supposed scheduled conference call, right? For around a few hours or so. Does that sound right? Did the 2 house guests - the niece and her fiancee, remain behind at the home while Mr. White's husband was out in his car?
Rusty Jenkins is White’s partner of 18 years.

“When he wasn’t home at 6:15, I thought it was odd. When he wasn’t home at 6:30, I knew something was wrong. When he wasn’t home by 6:45, I was panicking,” Jenkins said.

“I got in the car at 7, drove the route back and forth trying to find him. Trying to find evidence of a wreck somewhere. I was calling the hospitals trying to find out if there was an unidentified John Doe in any of the hospitals, because I didn’t know if he had his ID with him or not," he continued.

I haven't ever seen a specific time listed, when Rusty was out looking for Alan?

Rusty Jenkins is White’s partner of 18 years.

“When he wasn’t home at 6:15, I thought it was odd. When he wasn’t home at 6:30, I knew something was wrong. When he wasn’t home by 6:45, I was panicking,” Jenkins said.

“I got in the car at 7, drove the route back and forth trying to find him. Trying to find evidence of a wreck somewhere. I was calling the hospitals trying to find out if there was an unidentified John Doe in any of the hospitals, because I didn’t know if he had his ID with him or not," he continued.

I haven't ever seen a specific time listed, when Rusty was out looking for Alan?
Ah, thanks for that. So Mr. White's partner was out of the home and in his car from 7am until some unknown time. Now, if Mr. White was murdered and his vehicle taken that morning, which seems likely, this post-7am timeframe may be the timeframe during which Mr. White's body was dumped and the loaner Porsche Macan abandoned.

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been posted before as it's dated last October. I think COD cannot be determined due to the time his body was outside before being found. I still believe this was a car jacking that ended in murder ~ RIP Alan, I hope you get the justice you deserve one day.

Oct 2021: 1 year later: Family offering $20K reward on anniversary of disappearance, death of Dallas businessman

It’s now been a year since KPMG executive Alan White went missing and five months since his body was found. As police search for his killer, his family is pleading for the public’s help.

“I’m just hoping today, with it being the one-year anniversary, someone will finally step up and say, ‘Hey, I saw this happen,’ or ‘I have some evidence,’ or ‘I have some information’ that maybe they can pass on to DPD and maybe they can run with it,'” White’s brother Tim said. “We really want to know what is the cause of his demise.”

On Oct. 22, 2020, White went to the LA Fitness on Haskell Avenue in Dallas at 5 a.m. After leaving the gym, a camera captured him pumping gas at convenience store near Inwood and Maple. That was the last known video of White alive.

Seven months after his disappearance, employees from Paul Quinn College found his body in the woods near campus.

“It is a point of closure, but I believe, I even made a Facebook post about it, but full closure will come when I’m sitting in a Dallas courtroom and whoever has done this is having to answer for what he’s done,” said Tim.

Dallas police have not made any arrests. The investigation remains ongoing.

“Detective Eric Barnes has been top notch,” Tim said. “The case is by no means a cold case.”

As the family waits for justice, they buried Alan next to his dad and brother in his home state of West Virginia.

“It is kind of peaceful. It’s a beautiful setting on a mountain top,” Tim said. “Dallas is a pretty flat area and a lot of people aren’t familiar with the hills of West Virginia, but it is a beautiful setting.”

The family is offering a $20,000 reward for information that leads to an arrest. Crime Stoppers is offering $5,000 for information that leads to a conviction or arrest.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective Eric Barnes at 214-283-4818 or eric.barnes@dallascityhall.com. Reference case number 188623-2020.

Just wondering if you ever heard anything back from either David Taffett or Megan Thomas? Things have been awfully quiet again!
I haven't :( Hopefully they weren't replying just to placate me, and actually looked into any updates. It's possible that they really weren't any updates behind the scenes, so there was nothing to report back :///

*If* the right designation was issued, the only explanation I can think of is early onset of a cognitive disorder. This seems incongruent to his demanding work role, but who knows. So many unknowns in this sad case.

amateur opinion and speculation

I think, it could, in a broader sense, be any condition that could, without regular medications, rapidly deteriorate. If Alan needed to take, even, say, anticoagulants, (a totally random example), but was suspected to be abducted and have no access to his medications, I'd consider him "endangered".

If you need gas, you need gas, even to get to where you might kill yourself...
But then, you might only take a gallon or two rather than filling up...
But then, at that point, you won't be paying your next credit card bill, so thrift is out...
But would you really kill yourself whilst dear filled-with-hope-and-promise young relative is staying with you? I think it unlikely the seemingly thoughtful Mr. White would have done that.
Three possibilities, in order of perceived likelihood. Would like to hear of others:
* Killed by bad guy intending to rob him of car/money, perhaps set-up as as a hook-up.
* Love triangle, if I can't have you then I won't let anyone else.
* Suicide.

I am not quite sure it is suicide, but for suicide, it would be logical to leave a leased car in the place where it is easily found (not to bother the husband with dues to dealership), but on the other hand, do it so that the body is not found. So I can imagine leaving all stuff and the key and the phone in the car, and walk away, much farther. If Alan was a loving and perfectionistic, he'd do it like this - everything is paid, car not far, and maybe, hope that he is never found. Not to burden the husband nor siblings with own problems. As to the niece, on one day this feeling of responsibility would counterbalance suicidal urges, and on another, not. JMO.

I believe Mr. White's husband departed the home not long after the appointed time of the supposed scheduled conference call, right? For around a few hours or so. Does that sound right? Did the 2 house guests - the niece and her fiancee, remain behind at the home while Mr. White's husband was out in his car?
I don't think I have ever read or heard that Alan's nieces fiancee came with her to stay with Alan and Rusty when he vanished. Correct me please anyone if I have somehow missed that bit of information.

The niece was active on this thread for a few days soon after he went missing.
Thank you for your response. I have been following since the Dallas news stations first reported the story. Which I must say, was ever so strange that there was never any public search groups or the typical turnout for a missing person IMHO. I recall the niece and her posts here in the beginning. I don't believe her fiancee accompanied her to Dallas though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back