Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, Tylee Ryan, 16, Tammy Daybell, 49, Charles Vallow, 62, Oct 2019 *Arrests* #65

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another book recently came out on Kindle Unlimited about LVD and CD

"Lori Vallow: part one, the missing children". By Netta Newbound

It will be interesting to see how many books will be written about LVD and CD.

Yes - that is correct - we have stupid EU rules on some articles from the U.S. I still don't know WHY??!! It gets frustrating when I have to ask for someone to tell me "what" the articles say.... :(
The reason is GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) imposed by the EU. Some US media websites simply aren't GDPR compliant (my impression was that they couldn't be bothered), so EU residents can't access their content directly.

The vendor examined 1,000 U.S. websites in December 2021 and found 67% had compliance issues in the areas of transparency and user tracking. Further analysis showed 44% of websites did not provide an opt-out mechanism while 55% did not present a third-party cookie notice when first entering the site.

An article by Leah Sottile about her book on this case:

Excerpts:

But what I started to realize was that the people Vallow surrounded herself with couldn’t speak up — not without risking their own status within the mainstream LDS Church. If they told their bishop what kinds of groups they were attending outside of church or went to the police, they would out themselves as dissidents. So they stayed quiet.
Meanwhile, the deaths connected to Lori Vallow continue to weigh heavily on the hearts of the people from her LDS ward in Arizona. One woman — who asked me not to use her name — said that something about Vallow had always made her nervous. She could never quite put her finger on it. “She was super pleasant,” she told me. “She just made a great effort to be my friend, and I couldn’t figure out why I wouldn’t want to be her friend.”

Last edited:
Lori’s defense IMOO is definitely thinking several steps ahead.
It reads - “
NEW FILINGS: Lori Vallow’s attorney Jim Archibald has filed 2 motions.

1) to incorporate federal & state constitutional grounds in support of future motions/objections
2) to remand to grand jury for further proceedings

A source tells me J.A. is zealously representing Vallow.” // “The first motion is a move to cast a wide net to cover federal/state constitutional rights down the road. If convicted, Vallow’s counsel will appeal which is normal in such a serious case like this.” (Remaining portions found below that link)

I’ve said it before but with this now I think it again, that the entire pushing Lori / forcing a delay upon her after she did not waive her right to speedy trial could possibly bring up issues on appeal, based both on their State and US Constitution. The State’s “brief delay” as they said was a bit of a misnomer, it was moved more than two months ahead IIRC. And it was delayed/moved ahead while she still did not waive her right. Why did they not scorch Chad to move earlier? He waived his speedy trial right…..

I hope they’ll eventually get this together. I think both of the defense, for both sides, despite the circumstances are trying their best both in the current moment and thinking far ahead. I know the second part of my opinion isn’t even remotely popular on social media elsewhere which is why I prefer to stay to share here :)

Still reading, and finding a lot more information. I really wonder about the death of Joe Ryan...especially because of the life insurance policy, paid out to Tylee, with LVD as "trustee".

The information about LDS extremists is very interesting, with more background on the LDS church leadership role and change within the organization away from prepper mentality. Things I never knew. Definitely worth reading. Looking forward to more books about CD and LVD.

I think MG and MBP are really getting a pass. And ZC. It is obvious that they knew much more about what was going on.
I totally agree.

I wonder how much cash the county and State of Idaho has paid out for attorneys, consultants, medical, psychological, and other treatment providers for LVD and CD? And we are still at the beginning.
I am just thankful she & Chad no longer have the ability to swindle, connive, manipulate and murder unsuspecting loving victims anymore. Thank you to the State of Idaho for ensuring she & CD stay securely behind bars and locked doors. I am further trusting in the good folks of Ada County, Idaho who will serve on their juries. It is worth every penny IMO.

new Defense Motion really picks apart the grand jury, the aggravating factors added to charge(s) and the grouping of two separate charges into ones. Lori’s attorneys are really, really trying for her. Say what one may about her, but IMOO she is entitled to a zealous defense and they’re doing that so far I think.

They’re asking for the Court to remand her indictment back to grand jury for further proceedings to determine if probable cause determination for the alleged aggravating factors. Their second piece focuses on something similar, to remand her indictment citing that Counts 1 and 3 will confuse the jury and “the crimes as currently stated do not meet the elements of a single crime but
fact lumps two crimes into one allegation making it a general felony for possible punishment purposes at sentencing.”

They also state, emphasis is mine, “
Furthermore, there is no statutory punishment for this allegation. While there are statutory
punishments for Conspiracy to Commit First Degree Murder and separate and distinct
punishments for Grand Theft by Deception, there is no statutory punishment for the combination.”…..which is layman’s land sounds like when you combine these charges in such a way there is no actual statutory punishment for them on the books. It just doesn’t exist.
They also cite a few different solutions they’re willing to agree to, each with some varying language and options. These appear to be 2 separate Motions.

*I attached two PDFs of the Motions I made for those here, hope they work*

The State’s reply shall be interesting…..

Attachments

• Motion-1.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
  • Motion-2.pdf
    937.3 KB · Views: 6

Defense asks grand jury to clarify charging language in Daybell indictment​

By Kaitlyn Hart, EastIdahoNews.com | Posted - July 14, 2022 at 6:41 p.m.​

REXBURG – Motions have been filed from the defense attorneys of Lori Vallow Daybell to clarify the language in the grand jury indictment against her and her husband, Chad Daybell.

Lori Daybell's defense team argues that two of the counts listed in the indictment are too complicated because they each include two separate allegations. <snip>
According to the motions filed, "the crimes as currently stated do not meet the elements of a single crime, but in fact, lumps two crimes into one allegation making it a general felony for possible punishment purposes at sentencing."

The defense also argues that although there is a punishment for each of the charges on their own, there is no single punishment for when those two charges are lumped together.

Lori and Chad Daybell are charged with multiple counts of first-degree murder and conspiracy to commit murder for the deaths of JJ and Tylee — two of Lori's kids — and Chad's first wife, Tammy Daybell. They have both pleaded not guilty. Prosecutors are pursuing the death penalty against both Chad and Lori.

Lori and Chad are scheduled to stand trial together on Jan. 9, 2023.
Defense asks grand jury to clarify charging language in Daybell indictment

I agree that they both "deserve" the death penalty. But this seems to be more hassle than it is worth. It seems to almost be a negotiating "chip" for a plea deal, as we saw in Chris Watts case. And I personally believe that the Death Penalty charge is why Casey Anthony is free. The jury wanted a "100%" guarantee that she was guilty. Reasonable doubt seemed to be a sticking point with that jury.

Jose Barahona, charged with Death Penalty in murder of Nubia Barahona has played games with the court system for over a decade, still no trial date. He has been in the county jail, getting more freedom than he will on death row, so he is stringing out the judicial system...nothing for him to lose.

Same here. Nothing for CD and LVD to lose if they string this out. Not really sure that the DP is worth it. With the lengthy appeal process, reviews...

I agree that they both "deserve" the death penalty. But this seems to be more hassle than it is worth. It seems to almost be a negotiating "chip" for a plea deal, as we saw in Chris Watts case. And I personally believe that the Death Penalty charge is why Casey Anthony is free. The jury wanted a "100%" guarantee that she was guilty. Reasonable doubt seemed to be a sticking point with that jury.

Jose Barahona, charged with Death Penalty in murder of Nubia Barahona has played games with the court system for over a decade, still no trial date. He has been in the county jail, getting more freedom than he will on death row, so he is stringing out the judicial system...nothing for him to lose.

Same here. Nothing for CD and LVD to lose if they string this out. Not really sure that the DP is worth it. With the lengthy appeal process, reviews...
Which is worse for the families? The prospect of Lori getting paroled after x years or the death penalty appeal process?

I think they have a bit of a point. I couldn't care less if she understands, but we don't want any juror confusion.

Count one and five each allege two crimes, one count pertains to Joshua and the other to Tylee, but what if jurors don't believe defendant is guilty of conspiring to commit First degree murder but that she did do the grand theft by deception? those actually IMO would be much clearer to a jury if there were two separate charges for each child. Conspiracy to commit murder x2 and grand theft by deception x2.

We need the jurors to have a clear path to convict so I am all for cleaning up the charging docs well before trial. JMO

Just reading about JJ's autopsy has made me weep - no precious 7-year-old should be murdered and have an autopsy conducted on his poor little body. :(

I know. His picture above is precious. My personal opinion is that LVD didn't do this for any religious beliefs. She killed him for two reasons.
1. To get back at Kay Woodcock, revenge for not getting Charles Vallow's insurance benefits.
2. To keep the cash flow coming in, from JJ's Social Security death benefits.
That is why she had the birth certificates for both children with her when she was apprehended in Hawaii, no doubt to open bank accounts and have access to the funds for both children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304