Deceased/Not Found NH - Harmony Montgomery, 7, Manchester, Oct 2019 *reported missing Dec 2021* *REWARD* *Arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
JUN 27

MANCHESTER, N.H. — The stepmother of missing 8-year-old Harmony Montgomery has been indicted by a grand jury on charges of receiving stolen property.

In addition to receiving stolen property, Kayla Montgomery has been charged with fraud and perjury. None of the charges she faces are related to Harmony's disappearance.

The two indictments allege that the crimes happened between Sept. 29 and Oct. 22 of 2019.

Of course, KM received the stolen weapons from her husband, AM -- he's a felon and prohibited from possessing a weapon, stolen or otherwise!

Clearly, every one of the charges KM is facing would have been resolved by now if not for Harmony (i.e., plea bargains are encouraged by the courts because of overflowing court calendars and jails).

Unless KM was responsible for the tip leading to the execution of the search warrant at their former apartment, then I'd say holding these charges over KM's head hasn't been very effective.

Lately, I've really come to appreciate states that simply follow the standard complaint and information process to charge a defendant, versus empaneling a grand jury, due to the expeditious process to get to trial. It's been almost 7 months since the initial arrest of both defendants-- and we're still dealing with grand jury indictments. I think this process gives defendants too much time to contemplate their charges and strategize with their counsel instead of seeing their trial date calendared and feeling conviction and sentencing just around the corner. MOO

Afraid that Harmony's case is going to end up like Haleigh Cummings -- all the adults just take their lengthy sentences for other crimes & deny the child justice IMHO.

Whoa just realized both young ladies have vision issues!!!

jmho ymmv lrr

JUN 28, 2022
The father of a missing New Hampshire girl who vanished in 2019 at age 5 is scheduled to appear in court Tuesday. Defense attorneys and prosecutors are meeting to discuss the case with the judge.

Adam Montgomery, 32, has pleaded not guilty to a charge that he struck his daughter Harmony in July 2019, and to unrelated firearms charges. He has been in jail since January.

[...]

According to this article (paywalled), this is concerning the child abuse prosecution. Two defense attorneys and the prosecutor were scheduled to appear but AM was not expected in the courtroom.

JUN 28, 2022

Last edited:

Adam Montgomery is facing three separate trials, with the first slated for the week of Nov. 14 on weapons and armed career criminal charges.

Judge Amy Messer granted the request that the assault charge be tried separately from the other offenses. No trial date was set for either of those cases.

She did, however, set a status hearing for Oct. 27 for those cases.

JUN 28, 2022

November trial for Harmony’s dad on weapons, career criminal charges | Manchester Ink Link

[...]

The eight charges consist of: two charges of theft by unauthorized taking for stealing a rifle and shotgun; two charges of receiving stolen property for receiving or retaining the rifle and the shotgun; two charges of felon in possession for possessing the rifle and the shotgun after having been convicted of one or more qualifying felonies, and two charges of armed career criminal for possessing the rifle and the shotgun after having been convicted of three or more qualifying felonies.

The armed career criminal charges are special felonies, with each one carrying a mandatory minimum term of 10 years in prison, and a maximum term of 40 years in State Prison. The theft and receiving stolen property charges are class A felonies that each carry a maximum term of 7½–15 years, and the felon in possession charges are class B felonies that each carry a maximum term of 3½–7 years.

[...]

Updated: 3:36 PM EDT Jun 28, 2022

Timeline in disappearance of 8-year-old Harmony Montgomery

www.wmur.com
www.wmur.com

JUN 29, 2022

Harmony Montgomery mom slams her 'evil' dad as he faces new charges

Crystal Sorey says she wants the opportunity to speak to her daughter's 'evil' father, Adam Montgomery, so they can put an end to the mystery behind Harmony's disappearance.
www.dailymail.co.uk
www.dailymail.co.uk

[...]

His lawyers claim there have been talks of a plea deal to resolve some of the charges against Montgomery, but no formal negotiations have taken place.

[...]

'I truly believe he would tell me just to hurt me and watch me in agony,' she told The Boston Globe in a series of text messages. 'He's an evil man.'

'I am hoping that at some point they're going to strike a deal in order to get the information we need.'

She added: 'It's not gonna be a very beneficial deal on his part, but I'm hoping that he'll have no choice.'

Sorey says she has requested 'a million times' to speak directly with Montgomery, but was told she's not allowed while the search for Harmony remains ongoing.

[...]

Prosecutors had requested the judge sever his charges, separating the weapons charges, assault charge he received for allegedly giving Harmony a black eye and the misdemeanor charge of endangering the welfare of a child.

'In that case it made sense the second-degree assault had to do with a time - a distinct time period - when Harmony's whereabouts were known. The misdemeanors all have to do with a later time period where Harmony's whereabouts were unknown,' New Hampshire Senior Assistant Attorney General Jesse O'Neill told the courtroom, according to WFXT-TV.

The gun related charges will be the first case the state prosecutes while officials continue to investigate what happened to Harmony.

[...]

JUL 11 updated JUL 12, 2022

Harmony Montgomery's Mom Seeks Answers Weeks After Large Search in Manchester

www.nbcboston.com
www.nbcboston.com
[...]

Sorey says she's still in the dark nearly four weeks after a high-profile search in a Manchester apartment building. An FBI evidence response team, Manchester police and Hillsborough County sheriff’s deputies had an entire block of Union Street shut down.

"I'm just sitting here, twiddling my thumbs, hoping that they tell me a little crumb of information," she said.

[...]

"I want to know what was in that fridge," said Sorey. "Why did they take it out? I want to know why they took out tiles, carpet and the pole. Was there blood? Was there hair? What happened?"

Before the search took place, Sorey said, she was given an ominous warning by her advocate in the case.

"I was told to be prepared for the worst," said Sorey.

[...]

JUL 11 updated JUL 12, 2022

Harmony Montgomery's Mom Seeks Answers Weeks After Large Search in Manchester

www.nbcboston.com
www.nbcboston.com
[...]

Sorey says she's still in the dark nearly four weeks after a high-profile search in a Manchester apartment building. An FBI evidence response team, Manchester police and Hillsborough County sheriff’s deputies had an entire block of Union Street shut down.

"I'm just sitting here, twiddling my thumbs, hoping that they tell me a little crumb of information," she said.

[...]

"I want to know what was in that fridge," said Sorey. "Why did they take it out? I want to know why they took out tiles, carpet and the pole. Was there blood? Was there hair? What happened?"

Before the search took place, Sorey said, she was given an ominous warning by her advocate in the case.

"I was told to be prepared for the worst," said Sorey.

[...]
I would be upset too but I understand why they are keeping everything quiet. If they didn't find anything they more than likely would have announced it by now.

I would be upset too but I understand why they are keeping everything quiet. If they didn't find anything they more than likely would have announced it by now.
I agree. Sorry, I empathize with the <modedit - mother> to a point, but.... Law enforcement owes nothing directly to her and is more interested, as they should be, in protecting their investigation, and hopefully finding this baby.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. Sorry, I empathize with the <modedit - mother> to a point, but.... Law enforcement owes nothing directly to her and is more interested, as they should be, in protecting their investigation, and hopefully finding this baby.
Oh I know. And even if they do find Harmony alive, which I don't think they will, she should not get that baby back!

Oh I know. And even if they do find Harmony alive, which I don't think they will, she should not get that baby back!
That was never the point though. She signed away her parental rights. She did so in hopes Harmony would be loved by a nice family that would be able to care for her like what happened to her other child. I have no indication of her birth mother claiming to want custody of Harmony, I don't even think she could legally get it. She just wants to know what happened and to whoever might have hurt her to be punished.

Now, I do have to admit that I understand why she's upset but LE can't keep sharing sensitive information with someone that has been so vocal about the investigation. She's not very aware that her speaking so much might mess up the case, but I understand that she's most likely already grieving and in pain. She needs help navigating this horrible situation.

That was never the point though. She signed away her parental rights. She did so in hopes Harmony would be loved by a nice family that would be able to care for her like what happened to her other child. I have no indication of her birth mother claiming to want custody of Harmony, I don't even think she could legally get it. She just wants to know what happened and to whoever might have hurt her to be punished.

Now, I do have to admit that I understand why she's upset but LE can't keep sharing sensitive information with someone that has been so vocal about the investigation. She's not very aware that her speaking so much might mess up the case, but I understand that she's most likely already grieving and in pain. She needs help navigating this horrible situation.
I understand why she is upset. The whole situation is messed up and it is devastating what happened. I don't think she ever thought Adam would get custody in all honesty. She also probably didn't know it was even an option. It's a sad situation all around.

I understand why she is upset. The whole situation is messed up and it is devastating what happened. I don't think she ever thought Adam would get custody in all honesty. She also probably didn't know it was even an option. It's a sad situation all around.
^^BBM

Actually, she did know and supported AM getting custody! She was represented by a lawyer at the hearing she could not attend because she was at a hearing for another child. At one point, the judge even allowed her lawyer to phone Sorey. However, I agree that nobody ever expected this situation where the child would vanish without a trace.

Any one else find it weird we have not heard anything about what they found when they searched their old apartment? And why would they have the coroner there if they didn't find anything?
Actually hearing nothing gives me hope. Anything found would be sent for complex analysis which takes time. I've followed cases where the details of a search (what was found) aren't known to the public until trial.

JMO

Actually hearing nothing gives me hope. Anything found would be sent for complex analysis which takes time. I've followed cases where the details of a search (what was found) aren't known to the public until trial.

JMO
I was thinking this. And then I heard that some of the posters in the area were taken down from the missing boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janewiththedogs